991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you on "the list"? Gather here

Old 03-26-2014, 12:06 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

My order was placed Feb 10 for an "April" build, "June" delivery. Lock date was March 20. No info from the dealer since. I have asked for confirmation of delay although that's certain of course. Also asked for clarification on options and the updated configurator. I had speced the SC clock, and wanted to know if that was still applicable or if the new SC option with track app would apply. No response. Haven't bothered to call PCNA yet but will at some point.

(At least I have my Cayman R. 12 track days so far this year and going this weekend.)
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
My order was placed Feb 10 for an "April" build, "June" delivery. Lock date was March 20. No info from the dealer since. I have asked for confirmation of delay although that's certain of course. Also asked for clarification on options and the updated configurator. I had speced the SC clock, and wanted to know if that was still applicable or if the new SC option with track app would apply. No response. Haven't bothered to call PCNA yet but will at some point.

(At least I have my Cayman R. 12 track days so far this year and going this weekend.)
I would encourage you to call 800-767-7243 and listen for prompts to concierge. Then ask them if you are on 2015 list. You will be because your lock date was 3 days after mine. They will give you a case # and a case person. I think this is helpful when dealing with future hassles, like the increased Chrono clock price. As in who is going to pay for that?
Old 03-26-2014, 01:34 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does any one have any info when these 2015 could reach the US dealers? My 2014 has been moved to 2015.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
I would encourage you to call 800-767-7243 and listen for prompts to concierge. Then ask them if you are on 2015 list. You will be because your lock date was 3 days after mine. They will give you a case # and a case person. I think this is helpful when dealing with future hassles, like the increased Chrono clock price. As in who is going to pay for that?
Agreed. Option 3 when you call. They will have at least some answers for you.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

I got my call today and was told it would be a 2015. When I asked about honoring the price of the 2014 she implied that would be handled at the dealer level. Last time I spoke to my dealer he acted like everything was still on schedule for the 2014. She could not give me information about delivery times but said that information would be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:49 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

I'm not sure much is really getting handled at the dealer level, they seem to waiting for instructions from porsche.

Interestingly I had a dealer call and offer two 2015 spots for July/august delivery. I'm not sure how real that is. I had another dealer tell me yesterday that none of their cars are delayed.

Who knows.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I'm not sure much is really getting handled at the dealer level, they seem to waiting for instructions from porsche.

Interestingly I had a dealer call and offer two 2015 spots for July/august delivery. I'm not sure how real that is. I had another dealer tell me yesterday that none of their cars are delayed.

Who knows.
Agreed. Dealers are waiting to hear from Porsche on how to proceed. I'd say take everything with a grain of salt till we hear from PAG/PCNA in two weeks.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504

Interestingly I had a dealer call and offer two 2015 spots for July/august delivery. I'm not sure how real that is.
The dealers know very little. At least mine doesn't. They don't want to make many calls to their regional VP because they don't want to pester them and lose favor. As buyers we can call PCNA all we want. I have actually filled my sales rep in more than he gets from his own peeps. As far as those 2015 spots, they are probably from people who had 2014 slots that made the "2015 push list" and bailed before they knew they had a 2015 build. I guess that dealer didn't have a wait list.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:38 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I just say wait for the RS and take the money you save from not getting a regular 3 and put that into penny stocks and a high risk portfolio.
I'm thinking about holding but if the RS is really going to be 50k over the GT3, I'll probably pass on the RS. The RS isn't a 200k car to me and with all the problems the 3 is having, I'm wondering how reliable the RS will be out of the gate.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

"Interestingly I had a dealer call and offer two 2015 spots for July/august delivery. I'm not sure how real that is. I had another dealer tell me yesterday that none of their cars are delayed."
"Who knows."

I believe it. When I found my car in early March, the were 4 or 5 2014's that we're showing in dealers inventory. These were not on the ground, of course but they were allocated. My guess is that those cars have probably moved to '15's now.

Sorry, I obviously don't know how to use the quote feature!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 PM
azacad
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi! New to the forum and though this might help or at least add up.

I had a March lock date with May delivery. I went to the dealer today to talk to my Sales Rep and ask about possible delays considering the current situation. She said her system does not show any delays for my car or even another guy's car who has an April delivery (although she was admittedly skeptical about that). I did not start with compensation as we are still in March. The thing is she immediately offered a 2015. I said that getting a 2014 late in the year (or a 2015 even later still) would really suck and she agreed that was unacceptable. She said she will call tomorrow to see if there is a really good chance I get a July delivery as a 2015. Same price as the 2014 and same options.

No mention of an "extended warranty 2014". I also asked if PAG was issuing a blanket comp policy and she said it would be handled case by case with conversation through the dealer.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:22 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by azacad
Hi! New to the forum and though this might help or at least add up.

I had a March lock date with May delivery. I went to the dealer today to talk to my Sales Rep and ask about possible delays considering the current situation. She said her system does not show any delays for my car or even another guy's car who has an April delivery (although she was admittedly skeptical about that). I did not start with compensation as we are still in March. The thing is she immediately offered a 2015. I said that getting a 2014 late in the year (or a 2015 even later still) would really suck and she agreed that was unacceptable. She said she will call tomorrow to see if there is a really good chance I get a July delivery as a 2015. Same price as the 2014 and same options.

No mention of an "extended warranty 2014". I also asked if PAG was issuing a blanket comp policy and she said it would be handled case by case with conversation through the dealer.
And how does she just happen to have an unspoken for 2015?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:38 AM
rsdarcan
Advanced

I was in chatting with my SA and sales manager today (I wanted to change my color) I asked if this would be a 2014 or 15 car. I have a delivery date of 7-24-14 which has been pushed. He actually showed me that it was pushed but no date. They didn't know for sure if it would be a 15 car but from what I'm reading here it sounds like it.

On another note... He told me about the only delivered GT3 they had and PAG is buying the car back and he is getting a 2015 + all of his money back. I thought that was a good way for PAG to handle it...
Old 03-27-2014, 04:42 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Based on the current situation, can we assume that March/April/May builds have a high probability of being delayed?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:08 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Production for all of Porsche is stopped during the month of August. My best guess would be that all cars manufactured prior to the work stoppage in August will be '14's and all that resume after they get back in September will be '15's. As for dealers who are promising or giving you hope that '15's will be delivered prior to September, don't believe them. They're in crisis management mode and will say anything they think you want to hear right now. If they're telling you a July delivery, come June, expect to hear an excuse about a delay in production based on the new stricter standards. This ofcourse is speculation on my part, but I think it's pretty well thought out and logical based on info available as well as in the past.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are you on "the list"? Gather here