Sponsored by:

Are you on "the list"? Gather here

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
And how does she just happen to have an unspoken for 2015?
People are canceling.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Production for all of Porsche is stopped during the month of August. My best guess would be that all cars manufactured prior to the work stoppage in August will be '14's and all that resume after they get back in September will be '15's. As for dealers who are promising or giving you hope that '15's will be delivered prior to September, don't believe them. They're in crisis management mode and will say anything they think you want to hear right now. If they're telling you a July delivery, come June, expect to hear an excuse about a delay in production based on the new stricter standards. This ofcourse is speculation on my part, but I think it's pretty well thought out and logical based on info available as well as in the past.
Crap....forgot about the august holidays.

Jeff
Old 03-27-2014, 09:51 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Production for all of Porsche is stopped during the month of August. My best guess would be that all cars manufactured prior to the work stoppage in August will be '14's and all that resume after they get back in September will be '15's. As for dealers who are promising or giving you hope that '15's will be delivered prior to September, don't believe them. They're in crisis management mode and will say anything they think you want to hear right now. If they're telling you a July delivery, come June, expect to hear an excuse about a delay in production based on the new stricter standards. This of course is speculation on my part, but I think it's pretty well thought out and logical based on info available as well as in the past.
I think we will know more in the next couple of weeks as more news from PAG comes out. If you have a '14 build slot and had a delivery date, I would seriously suggest you call 800-PORSCHE and press 5. Then tell them you want to know if your build is on the 2015 list. They will also give you a case number and case person. Forget talking to the dealer at this point. If you scour the RL threads you will see the consensus is that MY2015 cars will start to roll right after the remaining MY2014 builds are finished. The consensus is that will happen in May/June. When I spoke to Jenny at PCNA and asked her when my car will be built, she could not answer me. But.... she was very sweet and said we will most likely be able to answer that in 2 weeks or so. If they finish the 2014ers in May do you think PAG is going to sit around all summer doing nothing on GT3 builds and then take off on vacation for the month of August with no 2015ers built?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:25 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

I don't know that is a question for the european members here.

But I do remember trying to plan trips to Europe and got "we're closed in August..."

Jeff
Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubbaman
I think we will know more in the next couple of weeks as more news from PAG comes out. If you have a '14 build slot and had a delivery date, I would seriously suggest you call 800-PORSCHE and press 5. Then tell them you want to know if your build is on the 2015 list. They will also give you a case number and case person. Forget talking to the dealer at this point. If you scour the RL threads you will see the consensus is that MY2015 cars will start to roll right after the remaining MY2014 builds are finished. The consensus is that will happen in May/June. When I spoke to Jenny at PCNA and asked her when my car will be built, she could not answer me. But.... she was very sweet and said we will most likely be able to answer that in 2 weeks or so. If they finish the 2014ers in May do you think PAG is going to sit around all summer doing nothing on GT3 builds and then take off on vacation for the month of August with no 2015ers built?
I agree. This is why I believe it is a very bad idea to produce the remaining 2014s... on one hand Porsche doesn't want to **** off the 2015 people re: timing of delivery, and on the other they don't want to make initial 2015 deliveries too close to final 2014 deliveries for fear of a revolt. For that reason I wouldn't believe anything they tell you on MY2015 deliver timing right now.
They should make things right with those who received delivery + had cars stuck in port with meaningful compensation/warranty/buyback and then swap all 2014s to 2015s and comp any difference in MY price and options... end of story IMO.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by llstuey
I agree. This is why I believe it is a very bad idea to produce the remaining 2014s... on one hand Porsche doesn't want to **** off the 2015 people re: timing of delivery, and on the other they don't want to make initial 2015 deliveries too close to final 2014 deliveries for fear of a revolt. For that reason I wouldn't believe anything they tell you on MY2015 deliver timing right now.
They should make things right with those who received delivery + had cars stuck in port with meaningful compensation/warranty/buyback and then swap all 2014s to 2015s and comp any difference in MY price and options... end of story IMO.
I wonder why Porsche did not choose to extend the 2014 production all the way to December 2014. That would have reduced considerably the disparity between model years. Shortening the 2014 year just creates a leper year.

Last edited by mcsmcs1; 03-27-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:50 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I wonder why Porsche did not choose to extend the 2014 production all the way to December 2014. That would have reduced considerably the disparity between model years. Shortening the 2014 year just creates a leper year.
Typically car mfr. change model years in July. But that will be debated for a long time regarding this car. They started late last year on the GT3 because of delays and issues. You could argue that a 1000 car run for 2014 might make it more valuable and not a leper.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Called the 800 number today. They couldn't give me any new information. My original build completion was for 4/25. They couldn't tell me if it will be a 2014 or 2015, no update on status. Nothing. I didn't push for anything, so perhaps you guys are much more persuasive over the phone than me. I've found, however, that information that is pushed for will not necessarily be accurate....
Old 03-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I think my dates were pretty close to yours Joe. I had a start production date of 4 Apr with a delivery date of 15 Jun.

From what I can tell (again, who really knows) mine has been pushed to 2015 production. Good thing the Cayman R and GT2 are so awesome!

However, if the right MP4-12C should appear before the GT3 lands, then all bets are off.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I think my dates were pretty close to yours Joe. I had a start production date of 4 Apr with a delivery date of 15 Jun. From what I can tell (again, who really knows) mine has been pushed to 2015 production. Good thing the Cayman R and GT2 are so awesome! However, if the right MP4-12C should appear before the GT3 lands, then all bets are off.
Thanks, Bill! It's great to see you still have the cayman R!
Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Called the 800 number today. They couldn't give me any new information. My original build completion was for 4/25. They couldn't tell me if it will be a 2014 or 2015, no update on status. Nothing. I didn't push for anything, so perhaps you guys are much more persuasive over the phone than me. I've found, however, that information that is pushed for will not necessarily be accurate....
I just said I know there is a list and I want to know if I'm on it. Pretty please!
I spoke to Jenny. She also gave me a case number. It's strange they would not tell you that.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:08 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Called and spoke with Ian.

My case number is XXXXXXX, is my build a 14 or a 15?
You are likely a 15, but that is not finalized.

When can I expect additional clarification?
We are expecting information from Porsche in the next 1 to 2 weeks. I will note your questions in your file and if you haven't heard from me in a week, feel free to give me a call back.

If my build becomes a MY2015, will it be built with 2014 or 2015 options?
That is a good question and I have had one other person ask it recently. I have forwarded that question up the chain, but at the moment we are waiting on information from Porsche.

Is there any information on the timeline, even generally (e.g. summer, next spring) on the GT3RS?
At this time I have no information on the timeline for the GT3RS, though we (PCNA) think there are two possibilities. First is could come in the summer or potentially Porsche is waiting for the issues with the current GT3 to be completely resolved before announcing the GT3RS. I will note your interest in the GT3RS in your file.

So basically I know nothing more now than I did before the call.

Ryan
Old 03-27-2014, 02:17 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by reidry
. So basically I know nothing more now than I did before the call. Ryan
Lol. Good. So it's not just me.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

We'll have specifics in a few weeks. Until then, it's a waste of time calling Porsche. They aren't going to tell you anything. Can't tell you anything because they don't know anything because they haven't been told anything. (I apologize for that sentence structure)
Old 03-27-2014, 03:51 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

^ Made perfect sense to me. Well said :-)

Quick Reply: Are you on "the list"? Gather here