Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian GT3 Owners and Waiters – Unite!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:11 PM
onelio
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian GT3 Owners and Waiters – Unite!

As I impatiently await news on the status of my April build, I like most of you, have been diligently trying to get updates.

I get the distinct impression that Porsche Canada is not stepping up and volunteering to do anything of substance for the Canadian GT3 enthusiasts. Apparently, they have seen and heard little in the way of feedback/complaints from the owners and would-be owners in Canada, and hence are not yet motivated to do anything for them.

I think it is time for all Canadians in this boat to call your reps ASAP and register your concerns.

I see no reason why the Canadian Porsche organization should not mirror the steps taken by PCNA WRT loaner cars and other forms of compensation.

PS: If you have had success finding a sympathetic ear in Canada, please let the rest of us know who we should be calling.
Thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

Porsche Canada is PCNA for this GT3 engine issue. If you call the number at the end of the email, you get directed to PCNA in Atlanta. Tell them your concerns and expectations and they will take note. Then, they may contact your dealership.

My sales rep/dealer also voiced my concerns/questions to "Porsche Canada" (PCNA) as well. PCNA eventually contacted me and I asked questions and told them what I hope should be done. Then PCNA contacted my dealership, and I was offerred a loaner.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 711 Likes on 337 Posts

I sold my TTS cab in anticipation of having a GT3 this spring.

I had to scramble and buy a 991 TT cab. Told the dealer I wanted to push to a 2015 PTS. I was directed to contact the same dude in Atlanta.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a PTS car with a April build/May delivery that I am almost certain will be pushed back to September/October at a minimum. My SA is aware of my concerns. I have taken a wait and see approach to see what will be offered by PAG in the next scheduled update...

Old 04-01-2014, 11:50 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by Conekilr
I have a PTS car with a April build/May delivery that I am almost certain will be pushed back to September/October at a minimum. My SA is aware of my concerns. I have taken a wait and see approach to see what will be offered by PAG in the next scheduled update...

hello.

order from canada here.

first of all. .. all these annoying abbreviations are hurting my brain. ok.

my original may 2nd delivery was pushed to june 13th as of 2 weeks ago.

at what point should you(we) start expecting any kind of compensation?

i did hear my "sales representative" mention something to me about a loaner car...
Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 AM
mshahidz
Advanced

991 GT3 owner.
Car has been picked up and have not heard anything of substance from my rep (Ian). I wrote quite a lengthy email to him, voicing my concerns. In return I was just told that he would make note of them- but he's been very courteous which I must give credit for. However, I am looking for results! I'm seeing people getting 991 C2 loaners in the states, and I'm driving a POS Cayenne V6.

Originally Posted by mainly
hello.

order from canada here.

i did hear my "sales representative" mention something to me about a loaner car...
Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Metodt
Intermediate

mshahidz, i guess you and me are the only ones in Canada, which i know of, who got actually a 991 GT3.
People get mad because they will not receive their cars in the time they where promised.... We on the other side dropped already $200k and have them taken away from us without ANY information when the car will be ready, compensation etc. I have to say they are nice on the phone, well me too, but i get more information out of this board than from PCNA...my dealer not even bothered to call me.
I am pissed because i cancelled Florida for Feb & March tracking. This is a JOKE of non information. I haven't asked for a loaner....Cayenne V6??? WTF? Shall we be feel lucky not getting a Toyota Corolla for a loaner???
Old 04-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mainly
hello.

order from canada here.

To ease your headache:

PTS = Paint to Sample
SA = Sales Associate
PAG = Porsche Germany

Old 04-02-2014, 02:34 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Metodt
mshahidz, i guess you and me are the only ones in Canada, which i know of, who got actually a 991 GT3.
People get mad because they will not receive their cars in the time they where promised.... We on the other side dropped already $200k and have them taken away from us without ANY information when the car will be ready, compensation etc. I have to say they are nice on the phone, well me too, but i get more information out of this board than from PCNA...my dealer not even bothered to call me.
I am pissed because i cancelled Florida for Feb & March tracking. This is a JOKE of non information. I haven't asked for a loaner....Cayenne V6??? WTF? Shall we be feel lucky not getting a Toyota Corolla for a loaner???
Early on, I got the impression that PCNA could give a rats *ss about us Canadian customers. It seems like they only cater to people who've bought a 918. I found that they just want to pass the buck to the dealer, which is one of the main reasons why I cancelled my order.

Hopefully they'll step up and make right by you folks....
Old 04-02-2014, 10:58 PM
mshahidz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Metodt

Have you tried calling them yourself? They never contacted me initially...I was so impatient I ended up calling the PCNA line enough times that the receptionist finally gave me the name of the individual who will handle my case.

Its quite unfortunate really, a friend of mine went to the dealer and saw my car sitting in the bay on a hoist. I left a VMail as im hopeful its in the bay to maybe get some work started!

I am definitely getting fed up with the non-information. I'm hoping to get some good news this week - if not I'm going to stop being so forgiving.

On a side note - I feel like a combined effort of everyone on the forum barraging these Concierge's may be effective
Old 04-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Metodt
Intermediate

I spoke today with my dealer! It was an upfront talk, which i appreciated. My dealer don't know nothing more than we know / was posted on this forum.
Fact is that my car still hasn't been touched. They do not know when they will get a new engine allocated. Once received it will take them one day to exchange the power unit.
I was told they expect new information next week.

On another note: I worked with PAG in Germany as a automotive supplier and i have to say that i find the situation strange and not typical for them. I know these guy's there for a long time which are ultra perfectionists and i know they won't release a fix if it is not a 150% fix. (Well, they should have released the cars with 100% in the first place) But i believe that the problem is not as simple to fix and thats why they are so silent. Otherwise we would have been communicated a rollout plan already.

@Shizzle If they would pass the buck to the dealers i would find that ridiculous since PCNA took over communication with us and then we should negotiate again with our dealers??? I know exactly how this would be played - We would be the ping pong ball. My position is that not the dealer but the PAG/PCNA is responsible for a faulty product. It's not a dealer's warranty but a manufacturers warranty.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:58 AM
udanggoong
Track Day

A friend of mine just parks his haha..... i may order one after its gone back to normal.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

My order lock down date was January 24th with production scheduled for January 29th and delivery late March. I've now been told that it still shows as "in production", so still in Germany, with a projected delivery date of May 24th. The dealer hasn't heard much either they are as much in the dark as we are from what I can tell....
Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

I got this update email from Porsche Canada today....

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

I wish to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have ordered.

We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche.

We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines during the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date.

We must unfortunately inform you that the start of production and delivery of your vehicle will be delayed. As soon as we are able to specify the revised production date, your Porsche dealer will contact you directly.

Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Thomas Illner
Director of AfterSales
Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:50 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi! I've been browsing this forum for a few months and am very grateful for this amazing resource. I'm a p-car neophyte, but thought I'd contribute my info, at the very least to increase the Canadian content/contingent on here.

I'm among the waiters. Here's my story. Put down deposit ($10K CDN) in Oct 2013. Order locked in Dec 2013, with scheduled Mar 2014 build (PTS grigiocampovolo) and factory delivery May 2014 (my request, to dovetail with travel plans). All that's out the window now. Dealer has been quite understanding, but updates are sporadic and lag behind this forum. Got the emailed letter 3 weeks ago. PCNA left a message to contact 3 weeks ago also but provided little more detail when I called and never made good on promises to call me back with answers to specific questions. Last I've heard from dealer was now looking at Sept/Oct 2014 as a MY2015, but no definite build date. No new letter from Porsche yet. I expect it would be the same as posted above.

On the upside, while on the phone with PCNA, I did glean that PTS is likely to go ahead whenever my build happens (despite my concerns about limited windows for PTS at paint shop), and that Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd is likely to follow PCNA's lead but that they are independent, leaving open the possibility that Canadian buyers may be prioritized and/or compensated differently.

My SA has stated he will look into what can be done for my scheduled trip to Europe in May. But I have not been offered a loaner (here or in Europe) at this time.

So, I'm hanging in there, trying to maintain a positive outlook on this situation and what was supposed to have been a very special purchase and trip now gone regrettably awry. I still have high hopes for this car and had planned for it to be a long-term keeper.
Good luck to us all!

Quick Reply: Canadian GT3 Owners and Waiters – Unite!