Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I need to understand how this will work.

When I get a call do I tell Porsche to talk to Captain Mojo? And what will he tell them? What terms is he going to demand. Are they acceptable to me or any of us in the US. FWIW, because of PCNA and state laws we get warranty coverage that people in the EU can only dream about.

As I wrote earlier, I need to hear from Porsche before I allow someone to negotiate on my behalf for terms which I may not agree with.

I don't mind a group response indicating that Porsche initial offer is not reasonable and they should improve it. But I don't want anyone telling me what I should take.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:14 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

PM sent and thank you
Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Agree with Nick.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Claudef2
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took delivery on January 17 and my car is still in the garage. Frankly my first priority is not compensation, what I want to know is WHEN will my car get repaired. Porsche knows how many engines they will be producing per week, they know how many cars they have assembled, and they know in which order they were shipped, so they have all the data necessary to give each and everyone of us an answer on the date.

Will you be asking this question on behalf of all the existing owners?
Old 04-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Claudef2
I took delivery on January 17 and my car is still in the garage. Frankly my first priority is not compensation, what I want to know is WHEN will my car get repaired. Porsche knows how many engines they will be producing per week, they know how many cars they have assembled, and they know in which order they were shipped, so they have all the data necessary to give each and everyone of us an answer on the date.

Will you be asking this question on behalf of all the existing owners?
I plan to ask that question when called. There is no way I can make a decision without knowing when I will get my car back. Just today I saw on another blog a reputed Porsche manger claim it could take to the end of the year. Another post quoted Porsche CEO saying several weeks.

If Porsche can accurately estimate building a car and delivery date they certainly can approximate when our engines will be replaced.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:41 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I plan to ask that question when called. There is no way I can make a decision without knowing when I will get my car back. Just today I saw on another blog a reputed Porsche manger claim it could take to the end of the year. Another post quoted Porsche CEO saying several weeks. If Porsche can accurately estimate building a car and delivery date they certainly can approximate when our engines will be replaced.
Agreed. Timing is key. There is no way they can't provide a ballpark. They manage logistics for 200k cars annually around the world and can't give an estimate for 785 cars?!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:19 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Issue may be that the engine production line capability in Zuffenhausen is essentially used up with daily car production for both Zuffenhausen and Leipzig plants at this point. How do they fit the 785 additional engines unless they go to third shift for a few weeks and that might bring on a labour/union problem?
Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 PM
nyamg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 PM
mhh
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I need to understand how this will work.

When I get a call do I tell Porsche to talk to Captain Mojo? And what will he tell them? What terms is he going to demand. Are they acceptable to me or any of us in the US. FWIW, because of PCNA and state laws we get warranty coverage that people in the EU can only dream about.

As I wrote earlier, I need to hear from Porsche before I allow someone to negotiate on my behalf for terms which I may not agree with.

I don't mind a group response indicating that Porsche initial offer is not reasonable and they should improve it. But I don't want anyone telling me what I should take.
I agree. That's why I'm not joining any well-meaning but ultimately useless group. I'm happy to fight my own battles. When did any committee achieve more than one motivated person?
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents on behalf myself and CaptMojo just want to thank you for great level of response over the last 12 hours. Our list is growing nicely. Ideally we need as many participants as possible by Monday.

There are many 991 GT3 owners on this board from other countries such as France, Germany and Switzerland and we would very much like to remind you this is a global database so please contact us if you would like to be part of the initiative to approach PAG with genuine concerns and establish a fair baseline compensation....
Old 04-11-2014, 08:37 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Macca, PM sent.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 PM
JRgt3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default owner info

PM sent
Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mhh
I agree. That's why I'm not joining any well-meaning but ultimately useless group. I'm happy to fight my own battles. When did any committee achieve more than one motivated person?
Well said, and I agree.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mhh
mhh. You are of course entitled to your views. Remember this initiative is designed to bring awareness to PAG of customers concerns and expectations in how this situation has been handled and how it should be handled from here forward. I totally encourage you to continue "pushing up from below". This is about "pushing down from above". I know Porsche AU well enough (Porsche NZ report to them). Best of luck with your negotiations.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 PM
mhh
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
mhh. You are of course entitled to your views. Remember this initiative is designed to bring awareness to PAG of customers concerns and expectations in how this situation has been handled and how it should be handled from here forward. I totally encourage you to continue "pushing up from below". This is about "pushing down from above". I know Porsche AU well enough (Porsche NZ report to them). Best of luck with your negotiations.
Macca, fair points. If we were all in the same circumstances. I'd be keener about adding my name to the list. But even subtle differences in circumstances between each of us will make a single agreement hard to achieve. I'm expecting the "final solution" (poor choice of words? ) to involve a deal between customer, retailer, importer and the factory, and my deal will be influenced by my personal relationship with the dealer who may have to share some of the pain. Only I can work that through.

But mine is only one point of view and I wish the action group every success. Bottom line - thank goodness for the forums. Information is power.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action