Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

What has Porsche offered the Europeans for compensation?
Old 04-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
Thanks Peter. Received your email. Much appreciated. I remember reading your first impressions as it was before I picked mine up. Great to have another European on the list.....
Thanks Macca. Glad you got the PM.

Have a great day down under

Peter
Old 04-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

green Just sent you a pm. Please confirm you got it. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:01 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it Clocked.
Check your PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
What has Porsche offered the Europeans for compensation?
Nick we have the compensation deal for Europeans on our database. It is 100-175 Euro a day + 12 month warranty depending on circumstances...would like to see comp at this level for all.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default *** UPDATE ***

Registered supporters will receive an email shortly with a link to a private forum so that GT3 stakeholders may comment openly but privately. Please be sure to check your SPAM folder or, if you're using Gmail, please check the 'Promotions' tab. We will post a confirmation update when the mailshot has gone out after which time you should expect to receive the email in your inbox.

Macca and I would like to thank everyone who has registered their support so far. Registrations are still coming in and we continue to update the database. If you haven't already registered, please feel free to do so.

Thank you again for your support for this initiative to take action as a group.

Kind regards,
Capt Mojo & Macca
(Sierra Mike)
Old 04-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Default *** UPDATE ***

The mailshot has been dispatched so registered 991 GT3 stakeholders should have received their email by now. If you haven't received it, please check your SPAM folder and any other filters. If you still can't find it, please contact us and we'll reissue the invitation. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:29 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mhh
I'm happy to fight my own battles. When did any committee achieve more than one motivated person?
Apparently you haven't negotiated with a powerful union lately!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you everyone for you fast registration onto the "991 GT3 Action Group" private forum. We are just working to get all participants onto the board over the next 24 hours so we have a dedicated and secure communications platform and then can reduce communication on the subject here on this board. Plenty of work has been going on in the back ground across a number of time zones and Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised with what we have achieved to date once the ball starts rolling early next week. Again thanks for your support.

Remember we welcome anyone with a car on order, already delivered, held a Port etc whether you are in USA, Canada, Australia or France, Germany, Switzerland Italy or South Africa etc.

In this Digital age of Social Media and rapid global communications I believe that a group can have consequences beyond the ability of an individual. If we are fruitless at least we tried!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:37 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mhh
... and my deal will be influenced by my personal relationship with the dealer who may have to share some of the pain. Only I can work that through.
That's pretty funny. Good luck w/ that one.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:42 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macca
Thank you everyone for you fast registration onto the "991 GT3 Action Group" private forum. We are just working to get all participants onto the board over the next 24 hours so we have a dedicated and secure communications platform and then can reduce communication on the subject here on this board. Plenty of work has been going on in the back ground across a number of time zones and Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised with what we have achieved to date once the ball starts rolling early next week. Again thanks for your support.

Remember we welcome anyone with a car on order, already delivered, held a Port etc whether you are in USA, Canada, Australia or France, Germany, Switzerland Italy or South Africa etc.

In this Digital age of Social Media and rapid global communications I believe that a group can have consequences beyond the ability of an individual. If we are fruitless at least we tried!
I'd like to echo everything Macca has said. It's been a lot of work but we're making solid progress and, if you're a GT3 stakeholder, please feel free to get involved. Thank you very much for your support.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

FWIW, I find it offensive that PAG compensates Middle East buyers $12,000 plus a one year warranty (in one case two year extended warranty), EU buyers receive between $139 to $243 per day with an extended warranty while NA buyers get a paltry $66 per day and the extended one year warranty.

I have been supportive of Porsche in their efforts to do right by all of us. But when I read about the vast discrepancy in the compensation packages provided to different regions it sets off alarm bells for me. Unless PAG provides a plausible explanation for the difference in treatment, they will find themselves with the mother of all PR nightmares. If they think it is bad now, just wait.

The US media will have a field day with this. Also, if someone wanted to sue for the difference, the difference in compensation between regions would be prima facie evidence against Porsche.

Porsche needs to recalibrate its compensation package to make us all equal. Those that have taken delivery should receive additional compensation for provable casually related losses.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Nick, what do you think accounts for the disparity?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:37 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
FWIW, I find it offensive that PAG compensates Middle East buyers $12,000 plus a one year warranty (in one case two year extended warranty), EU buyers receive between $139 to $243 per day with an extended warranty while NA buyers get a paltry $66 per day and the extended one year warranty.

I have been supportive of Porsche in their efforts to do right by all of us. But when I read about the vast discrepancy in the compensation packages provided to different regions it sets off alarm bells for me. Unless PAG provides a plausible explanation for the difference in treatment, they will find themselves with the mother of all PR nightmares. If they think it is bad now, just wait.

The US media will have a field day with this. Also, if someone wanted to sue for the difference, the difference in compensation between regions would be prima facie evidence against Porsche.

Porsche needs to recalibrate its compensation package to make us all equal. Those that have taken delivery should receive additional compensation for provable casually related losses.
I been saying the same thing all along Nick. LA lawyers will have a field day with this one.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

I'm going to be offline till tomorrow so please feel free to contact Macca if you need anything in the meantime. The collective value of the group in terms of GT3s is now in excess of $10m and rising.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action