Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action

Guys, I have posted a similar thread on Pistonheads with the same title under the username Sierra Mike. I am doing the same here after Macca brought to my attention that some Rennlisters would like to get involved. Macca and I have spoken on the phone and are working collaboratively to encourage as many 991 GT3 owners/depositors as possible on a global basis to get involved and collate that data.

Group action does not mean legal action but action as a group. In the first instance, we just need to get everyone together but our intention is to write to PAG collectively ASAP.

If you're interested, please PM either Macca or me and include your:
  • Name
  • Email address
  • Contact number
  • Owner/Car Pending/Depositor
  • Supplying dealer
  • Cost (with and without taxes)
  • VIN (if available)
  • Supply Date (if available or expected date)
  • Registered Date ( if applicable)

We need to discuss this OFFLINE, or at least in a secure forum, so please do NOT discuss the matter on this thread except to simply state that you've sent a PM to Macca or me. Let's keep this thread focused on the matter at hand as it will make the task of coordinating this easier. The more owners we have, the more pressure we can apply. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't understand the need for secrecy. Why the offline discussion if the intent is not legal action?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

Until which time I feel Porsche's offer is unfair or unreasonable, I see no need for group action.

It is only fair to Porsche to hear them out before trying to bludgeon them.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents. This isnt a witch hunt. It will be a medium for those dissatisfied with communications from PAG to date, to collectively voice their concern. It may also ensure fair treatment across markets. Many of the posts on this forum under "Stop Sale" and "Compensation" are not particularly constructive and will not have an impact on the final outcome. Go to Pistonhead and read the thread by Sierra Mike. You decide if you want to participate. If you want to learn more PM the OP details.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

I've read all the posts at PH and I agree with Nick, I see no need for group action and it seems like a waste of time. I think we should act like gentleman.

Oddly enough, I'm beginning to feel sorry for Porsche with all this whining here. People who don't have a dime in the car asking for compensation for a few months delay in their order, on top of a loaner, new tires, battery requests, warranty requests, etc. I can imagine Porsche at some point will throw up their hands and just say, that's it, take it or leave it. I don't think I'd blame them.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

^ I agree above with Nick and Bluehinder. I would like to at least hear when we should expect our engines replaced.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

The fact of the matter is that you won't hear anything till the situation is resolved by which time you will have no choice but to accept Porsche's proposals.

We're taking a very measured approach on this. People can have a wish list of what they'd like in terms of compensation but those people can keep dreaming.

There is a big difference between keeping matters private and keeping them secret. Personally, I don't conduct my business affairs in an open forum for everyone to read and neither does anybody else I know. Porsche is monitoring each and every thread to help determine the mood and what they need to offer. In practical terms, the extra year's warranty is meaningless to most owners but some people have made an issue of it and lo and behold, it has been offered. My call is for privacy amongst owners - not secrecy.

With respect to acting like gentlemen, you won't find a single post where I have not done so be it here or on Pistonheads. That's the case for the entire time I've been on both forums. In contrast, I believe you'll find that Porsche will continue to buy time till it's too late for its customers to do anything that matters. You'll also note that I have not posted a 'wish list' for compensation on either forum and indeed have allowed Porsche the time within which it should have been able to offer its customers greater clarity than it has.

This is not a disloyalty to your dealer or even PCNA because PAG is the one calling the shots and they have no choice but to do as they're told. Our call is to PAG and I suspect your dealer will thank you for it off the record.

In the UK, we've heard Porsche out and it's playing a stalling game. Day by day GT3 enthusiasts are dropping out and taking refunds on their cars or retracting their deposits because they've lost hope. Personally I find this unacceptable and that is the reason I took the step to ask everyone to come together.

The request is for greater clarity of communication, timescale and proposals going forwards. This is not intended to bludgeon but to prompt Porsche AG into action. If you're satisfied with your position on this then by all means don't participate.

Last edited by Sierra Mike; 04-11-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2014, 12:14 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

PM sent
Old 04-11-2014, 12:45 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
The fact of the matter is that you won't hear anything till the situation is resolved by which time you will have no choice but to accept Porsche's proposals.

We're taking a very measured approach on this. People can have a wish list of what they'd like in terms of compensation but those people can keep dreaming.

There is a big difference between keeping matters private and keeping them secret. Personally, I don't conduct my business affairs in an open forum for everyone to read and neither does anybody else I know. Porsche is monitoring each and every thread to help determine the mood and what they need to offer. In practical terms, the extra year's warranty is meaningless to most owners but some people have made an issue of it and lo and behold, it has been offered. My call is for privacy amongst owners - not secrecy.

With respect to acting like gentlemen, you won't find a single post where I have not done so be it here or on Pistonheads. That's the case for the entire time I've been on both forums. In contrast, I believe you'll find that Porsche will continue to buy time till it's too late for its customers to do anything that matters. You'll also note that I have not posted a 'wish list' for compensation on either forum and indeed have allowed Porsche the time within which it should have been able to offer its customers greater clarity than it has.

This is not a disloyalty to your dealer or even PCNA because PAG is the one calling the shots and they have no choice but to do as they're told. Our call is to PAG and I suspect your dealer will thank you for it off the record.

In the UK, we've heard Porsche out and it's playing a stalling game. Day by day GT3 enthusiasts are dropping out and taking refunds on their cars or retracting their deposits because they've lost hope. Personally I find this unacceptable and that is the reason I took the step to ask everyone to come together.

The request is for greater clarity of communication, timescale and proposals going forwards. This is not intended to bludgeon but to prompt Porsche AG into action. If you're satisfied with your position on this then by all means don't participate.
Very well stated.

Some who are quick to criticize your efforts are the same who think we are middle management and "soccer moms."
Old 04-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by est8esq
Very well stated.

Some who are quick to criticize your efforts are the same who think we are middle management and "soccer moms."
Thanks. I appreciate your words of support.

I know I've made less than 100 posts in over 7 years so I don't have the relationship with this community that many others do but I'm a huge Porsche enthusiast and want to see the right thing done for all concerned. I'm really disappointed with PAG's conduct in this matter.

I'm in Chicago right now but will return to the UK next week. I have an excellent relationship with both my Member of Parliament and Member of European Parliament. I plan to discuss this with them and take their advice as well. It may amount to nothing but it can't hurt.

Last edited by Sierra Mike; 04-11-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:30 AM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

sending info.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:58 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
Thanks. I appreciate your words of support.

I know I've made less than 100 posts in over 7 years so I don't have the relationship with this community that many others do but I'm a huge Porsche enthusiast and want to see the right thing done for all concerned. I'm really disappointed with PAG's conduct in this matter.

I'm in Chicago right now but will return to the UK next week. I have an excellent relationship with both my Member of Parliament and Member of European Parliament. I plan to discuss this with them and take their advice as well. It may amount to nothing but it can't hurt.
This just gets funnier by the moment. 700 people world wide, maybe a hundred at most in the UK, may lose a few thousand dollars on a $160,000 car, and it will be elevated to the Queen? Self aggrandizement at it's best.

It's no wonder people have contempt for Porsche owners.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bluehinder. I think Ive asked this before but did you actually receive and drive a 991 GT3 before the "stop drive"?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:12 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
This just gets funnier by the moment. 700 people world wide, maybe a hundred at most in the UK, may lose a few thousand dollars on a $160,000 car, and it will be elevated to the Queen? Self aggrandizement at it's best.
Elevated to the Queen? Is that who you think a Member of Parliament or Member of European Parliament report to? Oh dear

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I think we should act like gentleman.
Agreed. Good luck with that.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:06 AM
pmpsch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Bluehinder. I think Ive asked this before but did you actually receive and drive a 991 GT3 before the "stop drive"?
Careful Bluehinder, intimidation tactics heading your way. It worked on many here so be careful....master bully in sight

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action