Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moved MY2014 to MY2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing they are working on is more BS and building those new Soccer Mom cars.

Once again limited to no information. Just asking, do any of you really trust this company anymore

I have written Tim Quinn twice in the past 5 days with no response to a very simple question which was the following:

As Porche inventory management systems shows my GT3 will be completed on April 18th, and YOU Mr. Quinn said new engines will start production the week of April 22nd, will my GT3 have installed on April 18th a defective engine that my dealer would have to replace? A simple yes or no would do.

Of course no answer. What else would I expect from an Arrogant Company!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 02:18 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
The Canadian's PTS in 'Mode Grau' will not be build for at least 5 months!
I really hope you're wrong. I also have a Canadian-destined PTS car. My dealer has said it would likely be an August build. I'm starting to second guess his info after reading your post.:bang head:
Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default PTS and the gt3

Originally Posted by <3mph
I really hope you're wrong. I also have a Canadian-destined PTS car. My dealer has said it would likely be an August build. I'm starting to second guess his info after reading your post.:bang head:
I'm just messing with Peter in the Great White North!

The fact is that PAG technically can do PTS just about anytime...if they set their minds to it!
A common problem with PTS re: specialized models like perhaps this gt3 is that often certain key parts (e.g. front & rear bumpers) are not done 'in-house' at Zuffenhausen and instead are made and painted by outside vendors! I am not sure if that is the case with the current 991 gt3...but it was apparently a factor in the 997 LE 4.0 a few years ago! And these outside vendors have to get hold of the CORRECT PTS paint and carefully do their spraying at their respective facilities. That, as you can just imagine, creates logistics problems and requires perfect coordination & information exchange among all participants in the process. As a result, PTS is often done in batches to make sure all parties are 'on board' and are properly set up to proceed with this out-of-the-ordinay PTS procedure on these key parts and make certain they arrive 'just-in-time' and 'just-in-sequence' to put everything properly together in your 991 at the Zuffenhausen assembly line!

In any case, I hope both of you get your PTS gt3's done as scheduled! It's about time we see these beautiful PTS gt3's built! As many of you know, I am a big fan of PTS. And as I have said before on this forum: 'the most important, tangible and valuable option at resale that you could order on your MY2015 991 gt3 is...'Paint to Sample' for $5,500. Trust me.'

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images
Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks again for the great info on PTS and Porsche's operations! FWIW, my SA did contact me on Feb 26 to inform me that the color I ordered (Grigiocampovolo) arrived at the factory (for scheduled Mar 14 production), and so it seems that he got a specific message to that effect from PAG/factory, registering this as an important tracked milestone. Presumably that means any/all other related pieces were moving along in sync with this and also were ready at that time too. I hope this means production will now not be further delayed on account of having optioned a PTS colour.
I agree that PTS is a great value option for the car, even if it costs more here in Canada!
Fingers crossed!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...The Canadian's PTS in 'Mode Grau' will not be build for at least 5 months! 'Porsche Exclusive' will probably not do its paint-to-sample batches until that time...at the earliest. That's their speed - slow and...slower!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

I'm just messing with Peter in the Great White North! [B]

Eduardo, notice I did not take your bait but at this point nothing would surprise me...I am just waiting for my phone call to see if I can get a better idea of timing...

Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still depating between 114 or 019

I'm just messing with Peter in the Great White North!

The fact is that PAG technically can do PTS just about anytime...if they set their minds to it!
A common problem with PTS re: specialized models like perhaps this gt3 is that often certain key parts (e.g. front & rear bumpers) are not done 'in-house' at Zuffenhausen and instead are made and painted by outside vendors! I am not sure if that is the case with the current 991 gt3...but it was apparently a factor in the 997 LE 4.0 a few years ago! And these outside vendors have to get hold of the CORRECT PTS paint and carefully do their spraying at their respective facilities. That, as you can just imagine, creates logistics problems and requires perfect coordination & information exchange among all participants in the process. As a result, PTS is often done in batches to make sure all parties are 'on board' and are properly set up to proceed with this out-of-the-ordinay PTS procedure on these key parts and make certain they arrive 'just-in-time' and 'just-in-sequence' to put everything properly together in your 991 at the Zuffenhausen assembly line!

In any case, I hope both of you get your PTS gt3's done as scheduled! It's about time we see these beautiful PTS gt3's built! As many of you know, I am a big fan of PTS. And as I have said before on this forum: 'the most important, tangible and valuable option at resale that you could order on your MY2015 991 gt3 is...'Paint to Sample' for $5,500. Trust me.'

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 04-23-2014, 10:48 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Have you guys heard anything?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Porsche997s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had May 25 delivery date. I spoke to Ian Moon yesterday, he had very few facts. He told me I would get a MY2015, however did not know know any delivery date. Very frustrating.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:30 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

I'm out. Got my Turbo S Cab delivered today!

Jeff
Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I'm out. Got my Turbo S Cab delivered today! Jeff
Pics? How do you like it?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:45 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Ha..I'm not sure..I'm hoping I like it for that much $$$

I loved the test drive..its not as purpose built as the GT3 but its got enough range that the day to day practicality makes it a worthwhile compromise.

I had it shipped straight to my clear bra guy to get wrapped, so its never been driven on the road..I pick it up Thursday ish.

Question is wrapping the rear bumper..do i take the rear letters off???

Jeff
Old 04-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Jlee504- I have never wrapped the rear of my Porsche and never was disappointed in my decision. I always wrap the full front-end of the car, headlights a must, side mirrors and the A-pillars. People can tell you to wrap the whole car or not wrap it at all but what I suggested is from a lot of experience and it worked perfectly. I do believe in wrapping the car to preserve the paint but you can really over do it. If you had the coup you can always do the first 6-8 inches of the roof beginning in the front going back but even that is not really necessary but I did once get a stone chip there that is why
Old 04-28-2014, 05:34 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I've gotten bumped in the back before and I see these horrible people parallel parking bumping cars in front and back of them all the time so thats why I've always protected the front and rear..

but this lettering thing is a pain in the ***..

Jeff
Old 04-28-2014, 06:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I know removing it is the best and cleanest way to do it. But, you may want to ask your dealer if they have the adhesive to reinstall. I know if you go to Bumperplugs.com that when they sell you the letterings they come with the adhesive with a piece of paper attached sort of like a sticker. So may be you should contact them because they have been very useful/informative. I bought the 997.2 GT3 rear lid lettering because it is larger and I am going to remove the 991 GT3 - 'Porsche GT3' which is smaller and too busy and just replace with the larger "GT3" lettering. Just my personal preference.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

What I would do - since your car probably has a black soft top I would order the 997.2 "Turbo" lettering and have them paint it satin black.(bumperplug) This way they can remove the busy smaller chrome lettering and you can replace it with this after they clear wrap it. I think that would look cool. Every one knows it is a Porsche so why have all that busy stuff going on

Quick Reply: Moved MY2014 to MY2015