Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Per my conversation today, "title, taxes and fees."
Old 04-16-2014, 11:30 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3craig
I have started the process to sell my car back and so far its been very smooth, My dealer said my car is going back to Germany not staying here. So I don't know if that is happening with every car they are buying back it is with mine. Also Porsche uses an outside agency to buy back the car not an internal one.
Actually this is not far from the truth. I have heard earlier today from my friend that works at Porsche the same thing, and that management have now a recovery plan in place. This new idea is being floated within PAG as the only way to minimize losses on the buy back. The lemon title is really not applicable in Germany, or Europe, and the cars sell at much higher price, so any depreciation or other loses loses are mitigated. There is a belief within PGA they can come out even or ahead, if the cars are sent back to Germany to be sold there, or some other market through independent dealers after they complete the buy back, and that money lost in paying out taxes, shipping, etc will be recovered if the new or slightly used cars are sold outside North America, and providing PAG will honor the warranty at car final (resting place) destination. Now I am not sure if there are any legal challenges for them to do so, but it is certainly a very clever alternative. Of course they are betting that the demand will remain high for the car and it should as it is still a car that many still want based on all the reviews, and that independent dealers will line up to buy them, and at a favorable pricing to PAG. This may explain the don't care attitude from PCNA regarding buyback option, and with this new clever idea at the table, they really don't have to give in to any other customer demands for a better compensation or a fair compensation. Really a pity that customer satisfaction is not the number one priority, and that brainstorming and clever ideas are wasted on stripping the leverage from GT3 owners, to limit their compensation and of course minimize PAG losses, but at the expense of losing loyalty. Mark
Old 04-16-2014, 11:51 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

I also wanted to add that by doing this they are also sitting a very bad precedent and example. Porsche has always protected their dealership network. Introducing new cars or slightly used ones through some other independent dealers really is a betrayal to their dealers. Many of us have experience in establishing distribution network and dealership, and know that the minute the manufacturer starts to play games with their dealers such as bypassing them, even if the reason is valid such as recovering from an unfortunate situation, it is a very slippery slope and the trust relationship is compromised. So doing something like this is just a bad practice and not justifiable regardless of the reason.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's a pretty fantastic suggestion. Where it possibly feasible for cars at port it's technically difficult given US cars have a different VIN structure to Europe and rest of world. Once the factory create the certificate of conformity at v300 stage the cars identity becomes legally formed in concrete. Apart from the logistics costs of such an exercise these cars would need a legislative review in Germany to ever sell in that market as new and even then would carry specs specific to their original designation and owners choice of options. Then there are the physical differences for us markets including rear bumper English liertature speedos and many many other things. I've a background in production/distribution in another life and the cost to recycle these cars through PAGs facilities in Germany would outweigh any advantages IMO...

I'm not saying PAG aren't reeling. I'm sure the are but this plan doesn't hold much credence to me.. Z
Old 04-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,385 Likes on 720 Posts

mqandil - Very interesting info. and it is far from a reach. Unreal, and I do not doubt this for a second. They will sell every one of these cars the have manufactured and they will assure themselves they will not lose money. Those running this show are bean counters. They have no issues removing emotion from this as we are all now experiencing. But, I am done playing games. I am willing to wait this out but they will have to make me whole on my personal situation. I too can cut the chord very easily and not lose sleep. I will give them the benefit of the doubt but once I am convinced this is one-sided, I will just move on and forget this is the "best value for performance" in the market scenario. May be true, but that also does not last too long
Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
It's a pretty fantastic suggestion. Where it possibly feasible for cars at port it's technically difficult given US cars have a different VIN structure to Europe and rest of world. Once the factory create the certificate of conformity at v300 stage the cars identity becomes legally formed in concrete. Apart from the logistics costs of such an exercise these cars would need a legislative review in Germany to ever sell in that market as new and even then would carry specs specific to their original designation and owners choice of options. Then there are the physical differences for us markets including rear bumper English liertature speedos and many many other things. I've a background in production/distribution in another life and the cost to recycle these cars through PAGs facilities in Germany would outweigh any advantages IMO...

I'm not saying PAG aren't reeling. I'm sure the are but this plan doesn't hold much credence to me.. Z
Macca, thanks for the info.... would these rules apply if they sell these cars including ones stuck at port to independent dealers as used cars in Europe or Russia or Africa. Just curious.

The idea at first seemed unreasonable to me when I heard it, and I really did not want to mention anything and I did tell my friend (who is by the way is not in management and only reports what he hears from others) they are probably trying to send message to the owners that factory has options and it is better for owners not to complain too much, and accept what is being offered, but when I saw the same idea being told to another member by his Porsche dealer, may be there is some truth to the story, or perhaps they are trying to be clever and that's why I decided to share and also inquire if there are any legal challenges if they proceed with such nonsense. Hopefully this is just noise.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:03 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Dogs chasing tails.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:04 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default IT IS OVER

IT IS OVER! Dropped mine off at the Dealer last Friday. Transaction was quick and easy. I am not able to give $ details as I was required to sign an Non Discloser Agreement.

What a relief !!! Allan
Old 04-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Non-disclosure agreement? They must be pretty concerned about something!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Leadfoot01
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats Allan!!!! What a relief! See you at the track!!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will be at Road Atlanta, Chin, next week. Thanks, Allan
Old 04-27-2014, 11:40 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Allan

How long for the buy-back to take place. Did they take your car and give you a check? Or are they dragging this process out as well?

I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at this option now...
Old 04-27-2014, 11:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Lumber - I would be interested to know why you are thinking of the buy-back. Please share your thoughts.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 AM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

If my car is not fixed by the end of may, I want a plan b.

I won't spend my summer dealing with this. But I don't want to do a buy back and find out it takes just as long...

Actually, I'll say that however awesome I remember the car being in the short 1500 miles I put on it,those memories are now overshadowed by this cluster f@cked experience.

I like good news and I can handle bad news, but I can't do anything with no news.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Thanks. The reason I wanted to know is I value your opinion on the GT3. Plus, I did go up there and rev your car a little bit to test the Bypass. Red just looks so awesome on this car that I wish I went red instead of white and the GT3 just from revving it; sounds, nor revs, like any other Porsche I have driven. Your reasons above are legit I just wanted to make sure you did not find some thing new out that we should be concerned about although your concerns, above, are certainly warranted.

Quick Reply: Buy Back