Sponsored by:

PCNA will be kicking themselves for this one

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 AM
mshahidz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCNA will be kicking themselves for this one

Doesn't really relate us to completely, but some food for thought-- he's got it way worse than us

Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That was an awesome video! Some companies just don't understand the power of social media these days. I don't know what state he's in, but he should explore his states Lemon Laws. If I were PCNA, I'd just offer him a new car spec'd the same as his current one. That is what the right thing to do at this point imho.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Dlff
Advanced

He has bought a lemon! He has my fullest empathy. IMHO the 911 is still one of the most reliable sport car money can buy. On a serious note nowadays cars are stuffed with so much electronics. It can't be helped that there are bound to be some electronic issues along the way. Cheers mate!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 AM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We live in a world of mutts.
Cars are increasingly being assembled with the same internal parts supplied by the same dozen or so parts manufacturers.
It's like one big parts bin.
I feel sorry for this guy but I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Tapeworm
Instructor

The video clearly shows he has a rear mounted camera and what looks like a front mounted camera or radar detector - I wonder if these are plumbed into the fuse panel that is now causing problems. Did all the electrical issues start after he or the shop that installed these did their work I wonder?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nick got spotlighted at Jalopnik!

http://jalopnik.com/the-saga-of-the-...ust-1564141012
Old 04-17-2014, 12:16 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 425 Posts

Damn! That's horrible. That car should have been bought back and replaced with another one by Porsche... It's a shame how Porsche can let this guy keep this car.

Trending Topics

Old 04-17-2014, 12:23 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With over half a million views and front page coverage on Reddit and Jalopnik, it could be said that this is a hard jab at Porsche's brand.

It could also be said that an uppercut would be a well produced video summarizing the gross lack of communication with customers and generally poor response to the GT3 issue.

Maybe then Porsche would respond in proportion to the gravity of these issues.

One can dream, right?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its just the laws of probability, it's just the 5h!ts.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:13 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I like this guy.

It is too bad he has had a bad experience in his first 911. He could have become a Porsche customer for life.
The dealer and PCNA are too cheap to take the car back from what I can see.
The car was a dud from day one. Therefore the owner shouldnt have to be held to any depreciation on the buy back especially with lemon laws.

PCNA should have offer him a new 911 ordered in the same spec or something that is in inventory across USA that he would be satisfied with.

His car should be sent back to germany to be studied for quality control purposes.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:21 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I like this guy. It is too bad he has had a bad experience in his first 911. He could have become a Porsche customer for life. The dealer and PCNA are too cheap to take the car back from what I can see. The car was a dud from day one. Therefore the owner shouldnt have to be held to any depreciation on the buy back especially with lemon laws. PCNA should have offer him a new 911 ordered in the same spec or something that is in inventory across USA that he would be satisfied with. His car should be sent back to germany to be studied for quality control purposes.
He was a very vocal supporter of the brand and the 911. Made some great videos praising the car upon delivery--and explained various aspects of the ordering process and litany of options available.

You could tell that he genuinely loved that car (prior to its issues) and tried hard to be patient with it and the repair process.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:27 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

I worked for corporate America for over 25 years and I can tell you this thing will only get worse.
PAG/PCNA needs to have a serious and realistic look at their QC and more importantly their crisis response. I can think of four VERY BIG VERY BAD examples from the past few years:

1) M96 IMS fiasco, that ended with a class action lawsuit (Porsche lost)
2) Major QC issues on GT cars that were totally ignored by Porsche and/or blamed on the customer (RMS leaks, coolant fitting leaks, exploding clutch, airbox and the whole CL issue)
3) 991 GT3...need I say more ??
4) Above video

If these issues (and the underlying cause) are not addressed quickly and honestly they only snowball. Even non owners begin to connect the dots. Porsche sells great sports cars and rebadged VW SUV's at very high margins because of their history of high performance, on-track race results and reliability on track (ie both enthusiast and endurance racing). Once that is lost, the customer--even those that have owned them for 34+ years (yours truly)--begin looking elsewhere. With BMW offering 4 years free maintenance (including brake rotors/pads/fluid) and Ferrari with 7 year free maintenance, there are simply too many other good cars to choose from.

Bill
Old 04-17-2014, 02:42 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ right on
Old 04-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
I worked for corporate America for over 25 years and I can tell you this thing will only get worse.
PAG/PCNA needs to have a serious and realistic look at their QC and more importantly their crisis response. I can think of four VERY BIG VERY BAD examples from the past few years:

1) M96 IMS fiasco, that ended with a class action lawsuit (Porsche lost)
2) Major QC issues on GT cars that were totally ignored by Porsche and/or blamed on the customer (RMS leaks, coolant fitting leaks, exploding clutch, airbox and the whole CL issue)
3) 991 GT3...need I say more ??
4) Above video

If these issues (and the underlying cause) are not addressed quickly and honestly they only snowball. Even non owners begin to connect the dots. Porsche sells great sports cars and rebadged VW SUV's at very high margins because of their history of high performance, on-track race results and reliability on track (ie both enthusiast and endurance racing). Once that is lost, the customer--even those that have owned them for 34+ years (yours truly)--begin looking elsewhere. With BMW offering 4 years free maintenance (including brake rotors/pads/fluid) and Ferrari with 7 year free maintenance, there are simply too many other good cars to choose from.

Bill
The general public doesn't know any of the above. 50,000 Macan are projected to sell this year. Think they know or care? Cayenne buyer? No.

That kind of stuff is only known to a decimal point percentage of typical Porsche buyers. That's why Porsche gets away with stuff like this.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
The general public doesn't know any of the above. 50,000 Macan are projected to sell this year. Think they know or care? Cayenne buyer? No.

That kind of stuff is only known to a decimal point percentage of typical Porsche buyers. That's why Porsche gets away with stuff like this.
That statement probably would have been true 10+ years ago, but today almost everyone does their research online before big purchases. When you do an internet search on Porsche reliability, these things begin to pop-up. To me it's a fantastic example of them not realizing the changes that their customers have made in their purchasing decisions. They need to fire their crisis management team and get someone who understands today's environment better and give them the support needed.

Quick Reply: PCNA will be kicking themselves for this one