Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will you accept a June delivery as a MY2014?

Old 04-19-2014, 08:57 PM
ayousef
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will you accept a June delivery as a MY2014?

Just trying to gather some opinions here. I finally heard back from Porsche and im wondering does it make sense to still have a 2014 model when the 2015s will probably roll off the line? My car will remain a 2014 assuming that some vehicles will indeed be upgraded to 2015 models, and I am entitled to the one year warrantee extension but that's about it.

My car was supposed to make it in April so im "guessing" it might be two more months before I get it, might be longer but I don't see it reaching any earlier given the engine productions begin on the 22nd, and will be quite some time before my car gets a motor.

Suggestions?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

I would have no problem taking a June car even though the later model is scheduled in the fall.The cars will be identical except you will have an additional warranty, a few extra thousands of dollars and probably a bullet proof engine.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 PM
ayousef
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nick
I would have no problem taking a June car even though the later model is scheduled in the fall.The cars will be identical except you will have an additional warranty, a few extra thousands of dollars and probably a bullet proof engine.
Well, going through the forum I was just aware of the $2000 per month compensation for delayed vehicles, it seems that we are not eligible for that here in Dubai? This doesn't make any sense.

Also, I can tell you one thing about cars, theyre never identical across year models despite what people think. an XYZ vehicle had 172 different part numbers from the 2007 to 2008 model and none of those changes were ever advertised to the public.

Pretty tough decision if you ask me
Old 04-19-2014, 09:24 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

If your car is yet to be build, I would. On the other hand if it is been sitting in some port for months, I would not.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:25 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ayousef
Well, going through the forum I was just aware of the $2000 per month compensation for delayed vehicles, it seems that we are not eligible for that here in Dubai? This doesn't make any sense.

Also, I can tell you one thing about cars, theyre never identical across year models despite what people think. an XYZ vehicle had 172 different part numbers from the 2007 to 2008 model and none of those changes were ever advertised to the public.

I thought Dubai had the highest compensation?....now really confused.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 PM
ayousef
Advanced

Originally Posted by doubleurx
seriously? Id love to know what you heard because it seems they're going to be getting a beating from me tomorrow.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

The Corvette convertible will not be out until next year.

Regarding changes of the GT3 from one years to the next if there are any they will be minuscule and will not impact performance. Also, the 2015's will cost more.:thumb up:

If you are uncertain about the car just walk away. I am sure there will be plenty of buyers waiting to step in.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:52 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
seriously? Id love to know what you heard because it seems they're going to be getting a beating from me tomorrow.
I may be mistaken, but I thought I read 12k compensation. It was in the stop sale thread or the compensation thread.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:56 PM
ayousef
Advanced

Regarding changes of the GT3 from one years to the next if there are any they will be minuscule and will not impact performance. Also, the 2015's will cost more.:thumb up:

If you are uncertain about the car just walk away. I am sure there will be plenty of buyers waiting to step in.
I like the car which is why ive been in since November, but I hate the experience which I describe as the worst vehicle purchase experience ever, I had to send them ugly emails before I even heard back from them, everything I knew was from the forum and Jalopnik and GTSpirit.

Im now being told the compensation for Dubai owners is more than what I received from Porsche. Also the email is worded in a way saying that the warrantee extension will be awarded AFTER the original warrantee expires, this tells me that the vehicle will not have a 3 year warrantee if it gets sold to a second owner, hence will not really boost its market value (which has already depreciated) in case I wanted to sell it.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:59 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

I would wait two months and get a 2015. You won't be able to give away a 2014. The depreciation on this car will be astronomical. The 2014 models are depreciating at 2-3k a month so the payout from Porsche may not cover the basic depreciation much less the lack of use cost.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:01 PM
ayousef
Advanced

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
I would wait two months and get a 2015. You won't be able to give away a 2014. The depreciation on this car will be astronomical. The 2014 models are depreciating at 2-3k a month so the payout from Porsche may not cover the basic depreciation much less the lack of use cost.
I heard nothing about a payout until I read it on the forum! I just got an email confirmed the warrantee extension.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

I was not willing to take my '14 in June or July. I walked away. I don't want one period now.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I heard nothing about a payout until I read it on the forum! I just got an email confirmed the warrantee extension.
Are you not joined up to the GT3 Owners Action Forum (private)? There are almost 100 on there including some from Dubai. Tom in Dubai & Arth have the higher offer details. If you want to have access to the private forum find the thread on this board and PM us with your details. You cant have an informed discussion with your dealer until you have reviewed what we have proposed on this board....
Old 04-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I assume you are just referring to the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Convertible. That will not be out until early next year (calendar 2015). As you know, the regular Stingray Convertible is already available!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/au...show.html?_r=0

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
ayousef
Advanced

Originally Posted by Macca
Are you not joined up to the GT3 Owners Action Forum (private)? There are almost 100 on there including some from Dubai. Tom in Dubai & Arth have the higher offer details. If you want to have access to the private forum find the thread on this board and PM us with your details. You cant have an informed discussion with your dealer until you have reviewed what we have proposed on this board....
Im a forum noob and not sure where to look for this thread and not even sure who to contact to get into the private forum. A little guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will you accept a June delivery as a MY2014?