Sponsored by: Road Spy

Mastiff-Grade Interior Protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 04:32 PM
TurboSlipNot
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mastiff-Grade Interior Protection

I have a 2016 991, a 2010 Presa Canario who loves the hell out of fast cars, and a 2024 bundle of joy (and probably vomit) en route... I bought my TTRS with the mastiff in-mind, and then found out they're so rare that no interior protection exists for 'em so had to get custom upholstery made for the entire car. Major part of the logic behind a 911 is that its rear compartment is well suited to both having a tiny human a medium sized mastiff back there with the split-folding seat; but despite Porsche's awesome manufacturing quality i somehow doubt the leather can handle his torque nor do i want to find out just how difficult it is to wash baby upchuck out of it. Hoping that the higher production numbers mean other oddballs out there have attempted similar feats of car-cramming and that quality interior protection exists for these awesome cars. Anyone out there have experience with protecting it from a dog who makes roughly as much power and the various evil deeds of mini-people?
Old 10-20-2023, 11:32 AM
42THFLR
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Did you check out Chewy?
Old 10-21-2023, 01:18 PM
Farsider
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe a big blanket that goes both over rear seats and a bit of the floor? Easy to take out and wash between trips and you can have a ton of options with colors and patterns. Punch some holes at one end and add zip ties to fasten to the back of it slips too much?
Old 10-21-2023, 02:38 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboSlipNot
I have a 2016 991, a 2010 Presa Canario who loves the hell out of fast cars, and a 2024 bundle of joy (and probably vomit) en route... I bought my TTRS with the mastiff in-mind, and then found out they're so rare that no interior protection exists for 'em so had to get custom upholstery made for the entire car. Major part of the logic behind a 911 is that its rear compartment is well suited to both having a tiny human a medium sized mastiff back there with the split-folding seat; but despite Porsche's awesome manufacturing quality i somehow doubt the leather can handle his torque nor do i want to find out just how difficult it is to wash baby upchuck out of it. Hoping that the higher production numbers mean other oddballs out there have attempted similar feats of car-cramming and that quality interior protection exists for these awesome cars. Anyone out there have experience with protecting it from a dog who makes roughly as much power and the various evil deeds of mini-people?
How AWESOME Need a pic of the pup
Old 10-24-2023, 09:09 PM
TurboSlipNot
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Farsider
Maybe a big blanket that goes both over rear seats and a bit of the floor? Easy to take out and wash between trips and you can have a ton of options with colors and patterns. Punch some holes at one end and add zip ties to fasten to the back of it slips too much?
Thanks, but the concern with these little monsters is torque - they lack PSM, and despite being put into heavy silicone boots can separate stitching through blankets like they're barefoot on the seats. The TTRS setup consists of heavy-duty leather x-stitched with nylon thread across 1/2" synthetic padding - likely stop a .22 .

@911Königin:

Likes sweepers, understands transfer-braking, and naps in rear/mid-engine cars apace. Learned to listen for downshifts when the third pedal and hand-cranked shifter went away.

Quick Reply: Mastiff-Grade Interior Protection