Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Manheim shows the last transaction on a 2015 C4S coupe with close to 50K miles at $65K in March (auction price)
Old 06-15-2020, 12:27 AM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 117 Posts

Ignore the damage and mileage for a minute.

I don’t understand these comments at all! We’re looking at an S car here; 4S. It comes standard with all the necessary “sport” options like PASM, limited slip and PTV.

It’s a manual without SportChrono? SO WHAT??? For someone who values “sport” I would think the rev matching skill aid would be worthless.

Lacking PSE? That’s an easy fix, and with better systems for the same price. And, for the an S car the valves are already there. Just replace the center muffler and the console buttons. AND, it has the Burmester system and full leather, so it’s certainly not a stripper. Granted, it turns out that the Burmester didn’t live up to its full potential, but at the time it was a ballsy and connoisseur move. I would say the same for the Espresso interior. Kudos to the original owner for a bold move.

I would argue that this was and will be a purists car. One who appreciates a perfectly timed and smooth downshift, while charging hard into a corner with Flight of Valkyries blaring from all 500 watts. Now, overlay a Soul muffler switched to loud, with its more baritone voice than the PSE, and four powered tires, mounted to optional turbo rims, squealing for grip, while the suspension tightens up, and the inside tire brakes to tighten the line. That is a SPORTY, fun, and fully featured car.

Seriously, what other worthwhile “sport” options could be added to this “stripper?” In my opinion none. PADM? One more thing to break. PDCC? Just buy a GT3 and get on the track already. On fast backroads you’ll have one more nanny numbing you out. With all of these things you’ll have to go faster just to feel fast.

From a resale perspective, this car will not hold value given miles, damage, and the polarizing Espresso interior. The other reasons stated are ridiculous Come on, lacking rev matching? Get outta here! Might as well buy an AMG sedan.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:22 PM
Sporty
Rennlist Member

Received 443 Likes on 284 Posts

No sunroof , brown interior = no sale (?)
Old 06-15-2020, 02:23 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 316 Likes on 157 Posts

All things considered I think mid 50's is what I would want to be in that car for. BUT if its everything that you want, do not worry about what anyone else thinks, your money, use it the way you want!
Old 06-15-2020, 02:47 PM
VA951
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sporty
No sunroof , brown interior = no sale (?)
Pics show a glass sunroof.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:31 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 160 Posts

It has a sunroof.

I have been thinking hard about an offer but then a grey with red interior shows up at A nearby Audi dealer. Manual. Sports chrono and PSE

20k miles for $74,000

Then I showed my wife and kids and got vetoed. Car has to be a cabriolet.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:49 AM
slumdog
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dgjks6
It has a sunroof.

I have been thinking hard about an offer but then a grey with red interior shows up at A nearby Audi dealer. Manual. Sports chrono and PSE

20k miles for $74,000

Then I showed my wife and kids and got vetoed. Car has to be a cabriolet.

Nothing beats a cab - not sunroof, not moonroof, not T Top
Old 06-17-2020, 09:54 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,367 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Originally Posted by slumdog
Nothing beats a cab - not sunroof, not moonroof, not T Top
I tend to agree, in the general sense and overall; however, not when it comes to Porsches. My first few cars ever were Verts but the Targa is different and it looks just so much better (to me) than the Cab. And the driving experience is different so one really needs to see which one works best for him or her. If there were no Targas though I would have a Cab!
The following users liked this post:
Watson (06-17-2020)

Quick Reply: Opinions on this?