Sponsored by:

Enclosed car carrier

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 09:52 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by kingerm
Reliable Carriers - used them for Los Angeles to Las Vegas and they were great.
I used them last year for 3 cars MKE to PDX. I have three cars on a truck now going from PDX to FL. I have 2 more cars to ship from MKE to FL but I won’t use them again.

When the guy was loading I was walking over to get the next car and saw him put a clipboard on the hood to read the VIN. When I delivered car #2 I read him the VIN. For car #3 he started to put the clipboard on the roof of my GT3 when I was reading him the VIN and then propped himself up by putting one foot on the door sill. I have zero patience for people who have no respect for other peoples property.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:27 PM
Explorer16
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpup
I used them last year for 3 cars MKE to PDX. I have three cars on a truck now going from PDX to FL. I have 2 more cars to ship from MKE to FL but I won’t use them again.

When the guy was loading I was walking over to get the next car and saw him put a clipboard on the hood to read the VIN. When I delivered car #2 I read him the VIN. For car #3 he started to put the clipboard on the roof of my GT3 when I was reading him the VIN and then propped himself up by putting one foot on the door sill. I have zero patience for people who have no respect for other peoples property.
If you need to ship from PDX to FL or vise versa in the future, I recommend GAS motorsports from Auburn, WA. I had my car shipped from Tampa to Vancouver, WA. They did a solid job.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:48 AM
fluguy
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

In Jan 2020 I hired Cobra Trans Inc 818-434-3441 (Chris) to carry my car via enclosed trailer from CA to TX.
They were very responsive and kept me updated throughout the whole experience.
Price was really reasonable.
There were two GT3RS & a Lambo on with mine.
This was the first and only time I had used a transport company but was totally happy.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:30 AM
Aatish
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Intercity Lines picked up my car yesterday, and will be delivering this coming Monday.
Quote was very competitive for enclosed trailer. Communication and overall professionalism has been spot on so far.

The following 2 users liked this post by Aatish:
Intercity Lines (07-22-2020), jnx (05-26-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 12:34 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by CFM3
I’ve used Intercity across the country and back multiple times and they are fantastic. Excellent communication, the drivers own the trucks, and reasonable pricing. I highly recommend them.
My car was picked up by Intercity Lines last week for transport from NV to PA and it was the best experience I have had transporting a vehicle. From the office staff to the driver, all were very professional at all times.
Well worth the time to reach out.
The following 2 users liked this post by tmarino:
Intercity Lines (05-28-2021), jnx (05-26-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 12:44 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

The reason I like Plycar:
- They have their own trucks - not an agent that contracts the work out (very important).
- Are transparent how many times the car will be handled (ie transhipped). Don't assume the same truck that picks your car up will also deliver it. Plycar confirmed to me they would deliver direct, rather than going through a transhipment facility (not sure this is possible on all routes).

But the last thing you want is for your car to be offloaded from the truck and sitting in a warehouse for a week waiting for the next leg of the trip. In the meantime all kinds of bad things can happen to your car.
The following users liked this post:
tmarino (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 12:48 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thinc2
The reason I like Plycar:
- They have their own trucks - not an agent that contracts the work out (very important).
- Are transparent how many times the car will be handled (ie transhipped). Don't assume the same truck that picks your car up will also deliver it. Plycar confirmed to me they would deliver direct, rather than going through a transhipment facility (not sure this is possible on all routes).

But the last thing you want is for your car to be offloaded from the truck and sitting in a warehouse for a week waiting for the next leg of the trip. In the meantime all kinds of bad things can happen to your car.
Intercity is the same.........All their own trucks and drivers and you get exact delivery info from the driver at time of pickup. Beware of brokers as anything can happen.
The following users liked this post:
Thinc2 (05-25-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 05:44 AM
0luke1
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 152 Posts

+1 on Plycar.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:34 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used three over the years. Intercity, Passport and Reliable. In the future I would use Intercity and Passport. Reliable delivered a rather filthy, wet car. Intercity was top notch and Passport was pretty good.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:39 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts

It's going to be tough to find the company with their own truck. Most likely you will deal with brokers.
I have a friend who buys/imports/exprots cars for living and he recommended me Montway (https://www.montway.com).

I used them for both enclosed and open, 3X times for cross country. I didn't have any issue and I'll prob. use them again if I need.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:00 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by isugoo
It's going to be tough to find the company with their own truck. Most likely you will deal with brokers.
I have a friend who buys/imports/exprots cars for living and he recommended me Montway (https://www.montway.com).

I used them for both enclosed and open, 3X times for cross country. I didn't have any issue and I'll prob. use them again if I need.
Intercity Lines is NOT a broker and runs their own fleet of trucks and drivers. I am sure others are out there you just need to do your homework to keep from getting hosed.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:09 AM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by tmarino
My car was picked up by Intercity Lines last week for transport from NV to PA and it was the best experience I have had transporting a vehicle. From the office staff to the driver, all were very professional at all times.
Well worth the time to reach out.
tmarino,

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for your business. Glad to hear you had a great experience, we know you have numerous choices for your transport needs and we are thankful you chose Intercity Lines. Again thank you and we look forward to helping you with any future moves.

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered
Old 05-28-2021, 10:16 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Intercity Lines
tmarino,

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for your business. Glad to hear you had a great experience, we know you have numerous choices for your transport needs and we are thankful you chose Intercity Lines. Again thank you and we look forward to helping you with any future moves.
I have scheduled service (for the first time ever) with you this for this summer and your customer service has been great so far! (Hope the actual shipment goes well!)

My father passed away this past spring - moving my mom to be closer to us, and shipping her car here from across the country. Been a stressful time.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:54 AM
Heathen1970
AutoX

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How much are you willing to pay for shipping

Am I seeing a market here for expedited white glove transport of automobiles? I own a small trucking company and although I don’t do autos and transport machinery, CNC machines, etc. I do own a nice 28’ enclosed race trailer with logistics tie downs In the floor. I use web straps over the tires. Experience transporting my own 991.1. It’d be insured of course. I have 100k cargo but can buy additional ins on a pre trip basis. I’d be rather expensive as a single car trip however. It’s not going to be the $800 to $1000 your probably getting quoted now. You’re not sharing the cost of transport with other vehicles on a trailer. Just some advice hauling expensive machinery I’ve learned to document everything heavily with video and pictures. It works both ways for and against claims. The problem I’ve seen from the service side of things is most want the exceptional service and don’t want to pay for that level of service. Nice equipment and experienced drivers don’t come cheap.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:32 AM
BearsTransport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Good-morning,
847-810-7641
https://bearstransport.com/

Quick Reply: Enclosed car carrier