Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Android Auto for $130, OTTOCAST Wireless Android Auto Adapter U2-X

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 04:44 PM
raceralan
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Using the glovebox USB did not work for me when I tried it. Only the socket in the console worked.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:15 AM
trevorlj
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by trevorlj
I just swapped it for a U2X-Pro. We'll see how this goes.
Follow up, the U2X-Pro occasionally stumbles on startup requiring a power cycle but overall it is much more stable and reliable than the U2-X.
The following users liked this post:
Cur (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 12:47 PM
Cur
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
In the 991.2 Is there anyway to reassign apple car play to the USB in the glove box?
No.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:11 AM
TonCoronel
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I am using the U2X-Pro for some months now, very happy with the functionality, however every time I get into the car I need to confirm/accept the usage of apple carplay on the screen in the car, after accepting it works great. Any idea how to resolve this?
Using the same phone in my BMW iX3 and dont have to confirm anything so my thinking is it is either the U2X-Pro or the head unit in the Porsche...
Old 02-23-2024, 02:17 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TonCoronel
I am using the U2X-Pro for some months now, very happy with the functionality, however every time I get into the car I need to confirm/accept the usage of apple carplay on the screen in the car, after accepting it works great. Any idea how to resolve this?
Using the same phone in my BMW iX3 and dont have to confirm anything so my thinking is it is either the U2X-Pro or the head unit in the Porsche...
I had the same issue and I couldn't figure out how to resolve. It was one of the reasons why I went the MIB hack route --- glad i did and haven't looked back.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:38 PM
TonCoronel
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Bearings?
I had the same issue and I couldn't figure out how to resolve. It was one of the reasons why I went the MIB hack route --- glad i did and haven't looked back.
But does this MIB hack route provide Wireless Android Auto? I thought only wireless apple carplay? So you are saying you dont need an ottocast for wireless android auto?
Old 02-23-2024, 03:11 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

But does this MIB hack route provide Wireless Android Auto? I thought only wireless apple carplay? So you are saying you dont need an ottocast for wireless android auto?
No, the MIB hack is only provides WIRED Android Auto. I've since then used a different Ottocast dongle for wireless AA and it works seamlessly. See below. All my issues/annoyances went away going this route.

Last edited by Got Bearings?; 02-23-2024 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TonCoronel (02-23-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 08:54 PM
barrios35
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I get it too but not all the time. I have not updated since I bought it.

One thing that I do get is when I have an incoming call it distorts the ring.

Quick Reply: Adding Android Auto for $130, OTTOCAST Wireless Android Auto Adapter U2-X