Sponsored by:

Programming Remote For a Gate

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 04:31 PM
rmoudry
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Remote For a Gate

I have a community gate I am trying to program into my 991.1. I followed the directions the first time and it programmed fine, took more time than the garage door, but still worked. A few months later all of a sudden it failed to open the gate, but the garage door still worked. I have tried I II and III positions, but no blinks by the parking lights. Anyone have an idea re a solution? Thanks
Old 10-31-2022, 05:01 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

I suggest you clear all three Homelink buttons, then start the learning sequence from new. Was the gate worked on? Perhaps they moved its antenna a bit.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:28 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by rmoudry
I have a community gate I am trying to program into my 991.1. I followed the directions the first time and it programmed fine, took more time than the garage door, but still worked. A few months later all of a sudden it failed to open the gate, but the garage door still worked. I have tried I II and III positions, but no blinks by the parking lights. Anyone have an idea re a solution? Thanks
How did you reprogram your Home Link button? Did you hold the "clicker" a few inches away from the mirror, press and hold the clicker (until your hand was cramping), and press and hold the Home Link until .. ? .. fast blinking, side markers blinking, etc. I have been successful in the past but now am struggling.
Old 11-01-2022, 03:38 PM
DC911S
Drifting

You have to be outside the car, with the ignition on.....then press the button on the clicker, not by the rear view mirror....thats the process for an Audi. . Its all quite clear in the manual what to do. I got mine working in about 30 seconds.

1. if you bought used, clear all of the buttons existing codes.....as it says in the manual
2. press what one of thee you want programmed...till it blinks then go outside of car. I think you get 30 seconds or so when it starts blinking
3. Hold the clicker button down as you stand in front of the car and point it at the left side front bumper...
4. when its programmed the turn signals with both flash....
Old 11-02-2022, 12:27 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC911S
You have to be outside the car, with the ignition on.....then press the button on the clicker, not by the rear view mirror....thats the process for an Audi. . Its all quite clear in the manual what to do. I got mine working in about 30 seconds.

1. if you bought used, clear all of the buttons existing codes.....as it says in the manual
2. press what one of thee you want programmed...till it blinks then go outside of car. I think you get 30 seconds or so when it starts blinking
3. Hold the clicker button down as you stand in front of the car and point it at the left side front bumper...
4. when its programmed the turn signals with both flash....
Well I was all excited when I saw this post. Typically I would press both buttons at one time until something happened.

My 2019 C2S behaved exactly like the above with the gate clicker. Even the side markers blinked.

Tested this morning - no joy. Nothing, no gate movement, no tone at the panel antenna that one hears normally.

I've programmed a gate before. There must be a frequency issue with the Homelink.

Last edited by vanlieremead; 11-02-2022 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:22 PM
DC911S
Drifting

There could be a federal land mobile system operating in your local area that acts like a jammer to home link frequencies. When it’s activated in DC mine does not work either. It’s usage is usually sporadic though. The homelink transmitter operates on what’s called a secondary service in that frequency band. It’s a well known issue at the FCC and other agencies.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:53 PM
rmoudry
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Held remote in front of front bumper. Worked for the garage door, easily, sadly not the gate.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:26 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC911S
There could be a federal land mobile system operating in your local area that acts like a jammer to home link frequencies.

Could be but don't think so. There is just an incompatibility with the frequencies. Unfortunately, I don't have the specs on either. Even garage doors are strange. One mostly has to place them in "learn" mode where the door receiver handshakes to the Home Link frequency pulse. Just holding both buttons (garage door remote and Home Link button in car in proximity) never works. With gates, there is no "Learn" mode on the gate. Not giving up though.

Quick Reply: Programming Remote For a Gate