Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer or PCNA no help locating paint code...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 04:11 PM
ShawooDude
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dealer or PCNA no help locating paint code...

I have a 2019 Porsche Targa 4 GTS Manufakture edition. The rear badging is a non-standard color, but according to a brochure for the car the badge color is called Brilliant Silver. I recently had PPF installed and the rear badges were removed. I didn't like the way the dealer reapplied the badges (some thin double sticky tape) and they offered to purchase new badges and apply for me. They said they are unable to purchase my badges in "Brilliant Silver" from Porsche, so they would buy them in black and have the paint shop spray them, which I am fine with. The dealer is unable to find the paint code for "Brilliant Silver", and their parts department have opened a ticket somewhere in Germany requesting assistance. Dealer has told me they searched all over in their systems using the VIN and are unable to locate that color code. It's been a few months and zero word back Porsche Germany. My dealer wants to buy the badges already in Brilliant Silver or just need the paint code.

I called PCNA and they were zero help, pretty much told me this would need to go through the dealer. Does anyone have any ideas on who else I can reach out to for help on the paint code? The badging matches the engine slate and side mirrors, so I want it to be exact and not an eyeball color estimate.

Last edited by ShawooDude; 02-02-2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:31 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

If you can't find the code, just take an example of "brilliant silver" to a local paintshop (either wheels or body), and they should be able to match it rather well.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:55 PM
jberb55
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you tried the contact information on this page?
Old 02-02-2023, 09:06 PM
SilverSFR
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Your mirrors should also be the same brilliant silver. Any good repair shop can scan your mirror and paint match your color as needed. Paint code is not needed. A paint code is only a perfect match if used with the same paint the manufacture used. Even then sun fading taken into account might still not be a perfect match once applied. If it’s just your badging that needs painted even easer to paint match. If you are a diy type of guy you can find your local automotive paint shop paint distributor and they will scan, paint match and even put the paint in a spray can for ya.

Last edited by SilverSFR; 02-02-2023 at 09:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
polobai (02-02-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 01:39 PM
ShawooDude
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jberb55
Have you tried the contact information on this page?
I still can't believe it, but I emailed them and they replied with the paint code! Not sure why this was so hard for the dealer to find. Thank you again for pointing me to that email address. For future reference, the Brilliant Silver paint code for the 2019 991.II Targa 4 GTS Exclusive Manufaktur Edition is 8Z8

The following users liked this post:
PathfinderGTS (02-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Dealer or PCNA no help locating paint code...