Sponsored by:

One more Suspension Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 09:56 PM
sdavies88
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default One more Suspension Upgrade Question

I know there are many already about suspension upgrades and i have reviewed most of them but...

I recently acquired a 991.2 C4 (now with DSC). No PDCC. I made the mistake of driving a friend's 992 4S. It certainly feels much more "buttoned down" and more similar to my McLaren 570 than the C4. I would like to improve the responsiveness of the car for mostly around town, spirited coastal drives and maybe 6 or so track days a year, none or limited lowering. Bilstein B12 Suspension Kit with with Eibach Pro-Kit Springs has been recommended.

Any thoughts on this kit for my intended purpose?
The following users liked this post:
Bud Taylor (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 10:50 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sdavies88
I know there are many already about suspension upgrades and i have reviewed most of them but...

I recently acquired a 991.2 C4 (now with DSC). No PDCC. I made the mistake of driving a friend's 992 4S. It certainly feels much more "buttoned down" and more similar to my McLaren 570 than the C4. I would like to improve the responsiveness of the car for mostly around town, spirited coastal drives and maybe 6 or so track days a year, none or limited lowering. Bilstein B12 Suspension Kit with with Eibach Pro-Kit Springs has been recommended.

Any thoughts on this kit for my intended purpose?
I have the Bilstein B12 prokit installed on the 991.1. It is exactly what I was seeking in a NON-adjustable kit. I don't do 40 days of track any more and no longer feel like dealing with compression and rebound settings as well as dealing with clanks and rattles from an unnecessary (for me) full coil-over suspension. It is fantastic kit and feels just like the Porsche factory x73 kit I have installed on my Cayman (read about the x73 reviews and how insanely good it is in the Cayman forum). Given the Eibach springs are progressive, it does not feel any harsher than the factory linear units. The lowered height is perfect -- not too low -- looks perfect.

I know a number of other folks who have used the B12 cartridges and absolutely love them as well. And at under 2k for the kit -- just another nice aspect. I can't say enough good things about the kit -- if interested, happy to chat off-line.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:03 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 959 Likes on 567 Posts

having driven/owned SPASM stock, to Tech Art Springs to B16 Damptronics with DSC V2 to now Tractives on V3 while also having some wheel time on a 570. The only thing that comes close to the 570 in terms of confidence is the tractive setup with the GT3 Touring maps. I also have PDCC, which could help. I also added BBi GT3 thrust arms, front lower control arms and Tie Rods.

The downside is that this setup is costs around 12-15k in parts, the upside is that it handles as good as a 991.1 can as a street/canyon car.

The following users liked this post:
sdavies88 (07-27-2023)

Quick Reply: One more Suspension Upgrade Question