Sponsored by:

Rear Spoiler Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 09:07 PM
SinkRate
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler Adjustment

The rear spoiler on my car doesn’t quite sit straight when it’s retracted. The panel gaps on the left and right side don’t match. Is there a published procedure from Porsche to align it, or has anyone dealt with this before?

We’re talking small adjustments here, from 3-4 feet away you can’t tell anything is out of alignment.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:15 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Yes there's a normalization procedure in PIWIS. I've seen it in some aftermarket capable tools also.It will make it sit better after doing it but eventually one side will come up again. The reason is a broken spring,check for that...
Old 10-22-2023, 09:22 PM
SinkRate
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Yes there's a normalization procedure in PIWIS. I've seen it in some aftermarket capable tools also.It will make it sit better after doing it but eventually one side will come up again. The reason is a broken spring,check for that...
Great info, thanks!
Old 10-23-2023, 01:37 PM
Dark Kauphee
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I was just tinkering with mine yesterday for most likely the same reason as you. From afar it's not really noticeable, but the right front corner of the spoiler sits a little higher than the adjacent body panel and rear hood. I tried adjusting the spoiler's bottom rubber stops, but I couldn't get that corner any lower even with the rubber stops turned all the way in. As far as I can tell my spoiler spring doesn't appear broken. If it is a PIWIS normalization procedure that would great. Has anyone actually had this same issue and what was the specific fix?
Old 10-23-2023, 09:44 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Knock around on this thread. One or both of your spring perches is probably broken.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9933...-spring-3.html

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler Adjustment