Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Auto Insurance Alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 11:18 AM
2hot
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah everything either going up or stopping these days !
Old 02-25-2024, 09:05 PM
barrios35
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So the Porsche Auto Insurance is an agreed value and per mile?

Can, let's say, my son or wife drive it or does it only cover the insured?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2024, 09:23 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by barrios35
So the Porsche Auto Insurance is an agreed value and per mile?

Can, let's say, my son or wife drive it or does it only cover the insured?

Thanks
Q1: correct
Q2: I’m sure it’s just like regular insurance with respect to occasional drivers, but you probably want to call them to verify the details.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:48 AM
barrios35
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WP0
Q1: correct
Q2: I’m sure it’s just like regular insurance with respect to occasional drivers, but you probably want to call them to verify the details.
How is the agreed value calculated?

Thank you!
Old 02-26-2024, 10:13 AM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by barrios35
How is the agreed value calculated?

Thank you!
You tell them how much you want the vehicle insured for, and you pay accordingly.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:43 AM
Sajan
Pro

Received 295 Likes on 175 Posts

I have Amica for my daily driver and American Collectors Ins (underwritten by AMERICAN FAMILY HOME INSURANCE COMPANY) for the 87.

Here are the premiums for the last 3 years for a 1 year policy: 680, 717, 954
Pretty much jump this year another $252...time to get some quotes...
Old 02-27-2024, 04:16 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

As I was saying: this is what you get with a generic insurance provider, like State Farm, in this instance:

Old 03-29-2024, 06:32 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 538 Likes on 265 Posts

Received notice today that Porsche will not renew my insurance when my current six month term ends in May. Clean driving record and in GA. Just requested an online quote from Hagerty and it was more than double what I have been paying Porsche. Any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2024, 07:31 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by 737gdog
Received notice today that Porsche will not renew my insurance when my current six month term ends in May. Clean driving record and in GA. Just requested an online quote from Hagerty and it was more than double what I have been paying Porsche. Any suggestions?
Do you have another car or cars and who do you insure them with? I use State Farm for our three cars and the premiums are reasonable and I personally don't see any reason to insure my Porsche elsewhere. $1,000 deductible and an umbrella policy is a great combination to have good liability coverage at a low rate as a rule. Umbrellas are quite inexpensive (and good to have in any case) and with one you can get a lower liability limit on the car policies as the umbrella will kick in.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:57 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 737gdog
I would think that Porsche Auto Insurance would renew under a different carrier, but if not, you can check with Mile Auto Insurance, who is the actual insurer for the Porsche Auto Insurance. Also, Cimarron is another intermediary, with whom you could check. If you go with State Farm, be prepared for non-payment for replacement parts and labor, etc.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:25 PM
TimboCarrera
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I've had Hartford for a long time on cars, house and motorcycles linked to Hartford. Never a car claim and zero accidents. Got hit with a 25% increase. A buddy with almost the exact profile got a 25% decrease with State Farm. Switched all to Allstate and added an umbrella and saved about 20% from my previous rate. Here is something going on now. Our data is sold and insurance companys are increasing rates on (sporty drivers.) The insurance providers are required to disclose but only if you ask. Do your research, I fear saying too much. All has changed and it seems to be impossible to get removed from this data collection process. In fact most of us have accepted this practice with numerous new terms of service. There is also an (agency) that legally can obtain your data regardless of permissions. I've researched this much and if you do the same you will arive at the same conclusion. This could eventually make owning a (sporty) car pointless.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:54 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 531 Posts

I switched all my insurance policies to Erie which included 2 agreed value policies for both my Porsches. Everything was for very agreeable terms, about half of what Allstate was charging me. The AV policies were less than a quarter of what Hagerty quoted me. None of bells and whistles I'll never use from Hagerty so I don't care.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:12 AM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TimboCarrera
I've had Hartford for a long time on cars, house and motorcycles linked to Hartford. Never a car claim and zero accidents. Got hit with a 25% increase. A buddy with almost the exact profile got a 25% decrease with State Farm. Switched all to Allstate and added an umbrella and saved about 20% from my previous rate. Here is something going on now. Our data is sold and insurance companys are increasing rates on (sporty drivers.) The insurance providers are required to disclose but only if you ask. Do your research, I fear saying too much. All has changed and it seems to be impossible to get removed from this data collection process. In fact most of us have accepted this practice with numerous new terms of service. There is also an (agency) that legally can obtain your data regardless of permissions. I've researched this much and if you do the same you will arive at the same conclusion. This could eventually make owning a (sporty) car pointless.
@TimboCarrera So, what you’re saying is that you know too much, and if you were to post your special knowledge on the Rennlist forum, the CIA would have no choice but to kill you?

I think most probably read that story about LexisNexis, if that’s what you’re referring to…wait..what’s that knocking on the door?!

Last edited by WP0; 03-30-2024 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:21 AM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 538 Likes on 265 Posts

I have an umbrella policy because of a rental property. Will call Porsche and ask about another under writer and check with Allstate who insures our home/cars. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:11 PM
grahamgeorge
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that jump from 11 cents to 44 cents a mile is huge! It definitely makes sense why you'd be looking for alternatives, especially with a setup like your 991.1 GTS with those high-end mods. Agreed value insurance is definitely the way to go for a car like that. Have you checked out classic car insurers like Hagerty or Grundy? They specialize in agreed value policies for high-end and modified vehicles. It might be worth getting quotes from them to see if they can offer a more reasonable rate without compromising the coverage you need for your Porsche.

Quick Reply: Porsche Auto Insurance Alternatives