Sponsored by:

Coolant System Fault Message/Sports Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 04:01 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Coolant System Fault Message/Sports Exhaust

My dealer/service just replaced my leaking water pump (under extended warranty). However, on the way home a coolant system fault message came on even though the water and oil temperatures stayed within normal ranges. From other posts here I am guessing there is a vacuum leak somewhere in the system.

Oddly, my sports exhaust switch/system is also not working now..

Any connection anyone here can figure out? They also replaced a bad serpentine belt retainer (and belt ) while there if that's relevant. Going back for a fix tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:14 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 738 Likes on 454 Posts

sounds like COV issue and/or they didnt bleed system correctly or maybe they didnt clear code,,a test drive usually finds these problems. Back to the dealer..
Old 01-24-2024, 06:23 PM
Porschetuner2005
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

The most likely cause it the vacuum line for you Sport Exhaust is not connected properly. Do a quick visual check of the valves on the muffler (either on the ends or in the middle, depending on system) and make sure the rubber elbows are seated on the valve ports fully. If they are, then follow the line to the next junction point until you find the break. Should be a quick fix. Also check the pneumatic valves in the engine bay and make sure the lines are all connected, as its just a simple vacuum leak and will throw a fault in the cooling system.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:26 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 738 Likes on 454 Posts

it can be a rabbit hole..
Old 01-25-2024, 11:35 AM
dannyk304
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by smichael
My dealer/service just replaced my leaking water pump (under extended warranty). However, on the way home a coolant system fault message came on even though the water and oil temperatures stayed within normal ranges. From other posts here I am guessing there is a vacuum leak somewhere in the system.

Oddly, my sports exhaust switch/system is also not working now..

Any connection anyone here can figure out? They also replaced a bad serpentine belt retainer (and belt ) while there if that's relevant. Going back for a fix tomorrow.
Hi - I had been dealing with a similar issue - one of my COVs seemed to have gone bad and I got the coolant system - vacuum leak code which ultimately led to a leak in my expansion tank - I believe mine was the Coolant Shutoff Valve COV which is right next to the PSE COV. I changed my expansion tank and switched the Coolant Shutoff Valve COV with the Symposer COV, no more leaks and car maintains perfect temps, but I still have the coolant fault code and my Symposer doesn't function. The vacuum leak between the COV and the component it operates kicks off this coolant system fault (white warning) but since there are too many components involved it doesn't specify which. That said, and interestingly fitting here - in my recent post regarding this issue one person mentioned that shop mechanics play a "joke" on customers by leaving the PSE vacuum line disconnected which would cause the fault to pop up after about 15 minutes. Seems like that's the case here. Yes, if your PSE button used to work fine but now no longer controls the exhaust flaps, it means either that COV is busted or they "forgot" to connect the vacuum line from the COV to the exhaust flaps (anywhere along that line) and that would pop the code but your coolant system will still function normally.
Old 02-03-2024, 05:44 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was a disconnected vacuum tube as suggested above that had a concurrent impact on the warning light and the sport exhaust sound.

Old 02-05-2024, 05:56 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 258 Likes on 167 Posts

We have seen a bad vacuum actuator at the exhaust cause these faults as well. Always found it interesting g that it would trigger a cooling fault!

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Quick Reply: Coolant System Fault Message/Sports Exhaust