Sponsored by:

Annual Basic Serivice $611 !

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 04:24 PM
rensoyka
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Riccardo Mora
It would be cheap if it included brake fluid change, spark plugs, etc. This was an oil change, plus the oil filter. No engine intake air filter.
if your car is a recent purchase then you will get a wake up call when you need the spark plugs and air filter done. rear bumper and spoiler fascia have to be removed, the shop labour hours will rapidly pile up and the bill will probably be around $2k. dealer or indy, either way you need to pay the freight if you want your super car to keep driving like a supercar.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:28 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by CayCaySwift
In South FL, I got quoted nearly $800 for a dealership oil change, $400 for an independent shop to do it...
That may be the new, post-COVID rate: oil change was about $495 in 2020. I’ve been doing everything myself since 2020…
Old 04-14-2024, 05:01 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 983 Posts

Good lord! Watch a couple youtube videos and do it yourself. $90 and I know it is done right. Oil changes are extremely easy.

I just replaced my plugs in my 2018 C4. $2200 at dealership. I did it for $120.
The following 5 users liked this post by subshooter:
jesm (04-14-2024), nhnguy12 (04-15-2024), porsche_ag12 (04-14-2024), SilverSFR (04-14-2024), timothymoffat (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 06:25 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 985 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Good lord! Watch a couple youtube videos and do it yourself. $90 and I know it is done right. Oil changes are extremely easy.

I just replaced my plugs in my 2018 C4. $2200 at dealership. I did it for $120.
I wish I was confident in my abilities to work on my car. I know what the processes are. Unfortunately I'm one of those people that despite knowledge of how to do the job, doing so would likely result in me being extremely frustrated/angry, likely injured, a massive mess in my garage, and the car needing to be towed to the shop to complete where I failed.

To the OP: The costs for servicing at dealer are high compared to more average cars. But in all honesty not jaw-droppingly so like many "premium" sports cars. As the cars age, finding an experienced and trusted independent is definitely the way to go. My guess is cost would be 20-30% lower though not on everything. Shop around when switching where your car is serviced but once you make a change, try to stick with the same facility. Just my advice.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:44 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
I wish I was confident in my abilities to work on my car. I know what the processes are. Unfortunately I'm one of those people that despite knowledge of how to do the job, doing so would likely result in me being extremely frustrated/angry, likely injured, a massive mess in my garage, and the car needing to be towed to the shop to complete where I failed.

To the OP: The costs for servicing at dealer are high compared to more average cars. But in all honesty not jaw-droppingly so like many "premium" sports cars. As the cars age, finding an experienced and trusted independent is definitely the way to go. My guess is cost would be 20-30% lower though not on everything. Shop around when switching where your car is serviced but once you make a change, try to stick with the same facility. Just my advice.

Good advice! I’ll add to that: if you don’t know what they’re doing, then it’s possible that they don’t know what they’re doing, and they’ll get away with it. Caveat: everyone, and I mean everyone who has touched one of my cars has not done the job they were hired to do properly. If I didn’t know how to check their work, I guess I’d just dove driving around without knowing it. Most of the time it was something small, like a brake caliper cap not replaced, but a couple of times, it could’ve been serious. There’s a reason Porsche had a recall to add a heat shield in the engine bay: technicians/mechanics were leaving oily rags in the engine bay, and they would catch fire,and burn the car up!
Old 04-14-2024, 08:44 PM
raaizin
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 63 Posts

When I got my 991 I had dealer do an oil change which they charged me a little over $500 for an oil change in 2016. I cant imagine what they wanttoday I have done all other maintenance on my 991.1 and Cayman S since. I wouldn't have an issue if they charged me $300 for an oil change I can do for 60-70 dollars. But to charge me $500 8 years ago no less is just ridiculous. 2k for oil plugs and air filters. I just feel like its being taking advantage of. As far a voiding a warranty just keep receipts they cant no matter what your SA says . arranty Act.

Quick Reply: Annual Basic Serivice $611 !