Sponsored by:

Key Fob - Remote Entry Unlocking/Starting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 01:44 AM
dthoke
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Key Fob - Remote Entry Unlocking/Starting Issue

My 2017 911.2 C2S is experiencing issues with my car not recognizing my key fob (1) when attempting to unlock my car and (2) i get an error message when in the car when trying to turn it over - it says it does not recognize my key being present. Not always, just sometimes. Really annoying and i am concerned i will get somewhere and not be able to start or open the car. I took the car to the local dealer (Stevens Creek Porsche near San Jose, CA) figuring it was the key fob (took all three of them and had them reprogrammed). I thought it was fixed, but unfortunately it has persisted. So it probably has to be the something on the fritz with the car not always being able to communicate with the key fob. Taking it back to the dealer to fix the issue (hopefully) in a couple of weeks. Has anyone had this experience? If so, what was the diagnosis? I have a Fidelity Platinum Warranty so i am not particularly concerned with the cost (expect my $250 deductible), but i really do not like taking the car into the dealership multiple times to fix the problem. Any help or advice on the subject will be welcome. thanks!
Old 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 842 Likes on 417 Posts

Is this happening with all three key fobs or just the main one that you use? In the past when I’ve had a similar issue, what I found was that the key fob itself was not tightly snapped together (possibly after being dropped on the floor) which created a loose contact with the battery. Once I securely snapped the key fob together, (with a good battery of course), everything worked fine.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:01 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 423 Posts

Sorry but I can't help. I had the exact same problem with my 2012 C2S. I installed a new battery in the FOB but it didn't help. Later learned it was probably the receiver unit in the car, but I traded it in before I could get it fixed.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:25 PM
bill edwards
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had same issue several years ago. Replaced battery. Other is . for a while i used backup, 2nd key fob. Problem corrected itself.. As ohm meter registered battery OK but i replaced battery anyway. As a thought , try cleaning connections inside key fob. All the best.

Quick Reply: Key Fob - Remote Entry Unlocking/Starting Issue