Sponsored by:

Time for a 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Rocky Rapsavage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for a 991

Haven't posted here for a long time, years actually, but I lurk a lot.
I was able to take a launch 991s for the afternoon last Saturday and I am smitten!
Goodbye AMG...hello Porsche.
Will be placing an order soon.
Contemplating the following:
Carrara White, Guards Red or maybe a Blue
Expresso natural leather
Premium Package
Burmester Audio Package
PDK
Sports Chrono Package
Power Sports Seats (14-way)
Sport Design Steering Wheel
Light Design Package
Instrument Dials in Black
Delete Model Designation
Colored Wheel Center Caps with Crests
Fuse Box in Leather (To hide the plastic cover)

With shipping, total comes to $118,515.

Some might say it looks more like a GT build than a that of a sports car. In a way, I suppose it is. I've done a 914, several early 911's, a 928, 993, 996, a pair of Boxster S's, a 993 and 996 TT, plus a few Corvettes and AMG's for good measure.
I'll be using it for pleasure only, mostly highway miles and trips, no track time. Not concerned about most of the alphabet options or the lack of a sunroof.
It's my retirement gift to myself and may be the last new car I purchase. Then again, maybe not.

Anyway, I'm looking for photos of the above color combinations and would appreciate seeing anything you folks might have access to.

Thanks, and feel free to comment on the build.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Congrats! Why no sunroof?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Rocky Rapsavage
Intermediate

Thanks! I just don't like sunroofs all that much. As a matter of fact, in all my vehicles that had a sunroof, never did use it. Now that I can delete it, I will.
Besides, they don't provide all that much sun anyway, at least the ones that were in the cars I had didn't.
That's why they make cabs. Right?
I've been told by more than a few that not having a sunroof hurts resale value. Might be true. Guess I'll find out. Thanks again.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
SBA911
6th Gear

Congrats. Nice build.

Placed my deposit today for a C4S. No idea when I'll get to spec. Hoping they show it in Geneva but likely a long shot. Also hoping they go with a wide body, if not may well change back to an S. The 991S out-handles my 997 4S...
Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

If you are set on the expresso interior, it simply must be the white exterior - while guards is nice, the white/brown combination is classy!!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lowside67
If you are set on the expresso interior, it simply must be the white exterior - while guards is nice, the white/brown combination is classy!!
Espresso also looks great with Plat silver.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Rocky Rapsavage
Intermediate

Yup. I agree. I've seen photos of Plat Silver-Expresso builds and it does look great. Only problem is the last 3 cars i've owned were all silver. Thinking it's time to do something else.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 AM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You might want to listen to one with sport exhaust. Definitely one of the best sounding factory exhausts that I have heard!

Good luck with your build.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think AMG to 991 is an easy slam dunk.

I went with white, but I could easily have been swayed to the blue had it been possible to see it before the order froze.

If the budget allows, the Burmi is surely the cheapest way your ears will ever experience their "brand" of music.

I'd suggest the Sport Plus seat with air cooling. (not hard core, but very comfy in hot climates)
Multi functional steering wheel
Certainly delete the model and maybe go with "911" if you like.

I'd suggest black full leather to lift the cabin up to expectations for the whole price tag of the car.

I chose abstaining from the sunroof.

Even for road driving, I think PDCC is the defining "newness" of the 991, so that's something I think worth having -- at least driving at length before deciding to not include it.

I wouldn't bother changing the color of the S gauges. I'd bother more about wheel selection.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Adam2S
Instructor

Originally Posted by lowside67
No No No No NO!!!!!

White and Brown is going to look like a toilet bowl - DONT DO IT!

If you are smitten with Espresso then I think it has to be one of the silver's for the exterior colour.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am also 100% getting white...classic however, likely to go with black interior and black wheels (no chrome lip) to masculine it out a bit enjoy I also was considering the AMG CLS63....however, the 991 is simply too nice of a model....so, one more porsche for me (the grown up car will have too wait!)
Old 03-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Rocky-the option to delete the sunroof is one of the biggest reasons I like the 991. I may be in the minority but I like the car without PSE, as it's great as it is. Cheers.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Rocky Rapsavage
Intermediate

Still on the fence about color combos. About the Burmester, I do appreciate find sound and equipment. My home system consists of classic McIntosh amps and preamps, Vandersteen loudspeakers for stereo, B&K 7 channel surround amp and Maggies for home theater so I think I'd enjoy the Burmester.
Those who have it, how do you like it.
So much to choose from. I love it!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guards red with blk interior and pse. What could possibly be wrong with that picture? Ok perhaps I am biased.

But seriously white or blue can be done on any vehicle, where as red or yellow, most people would be adventurous enough to get only on a sports car.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
19_hole
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Aqua Blue is a stunning color, not a fan of the Guards Red it just doesn't work for me. I do like the Ruby Red however. Like it enough that I ordered it for my 991!

Also oredered Agate / Pebble 2 tone interior. Saw it on a Dark Blue car and it is lovely.

Quick Reply: Time for a 991