Ordered my 991

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 05:17 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Ordered my 991

Finally ordered my 991s

After an extended drive in a stock 991S i decided to opt for almost all performance options except PDCC. The stock handled so well, i dint think wanted for gizmos to stabilize the car.

Here is the build:
991S
Guards Red with wheels in black
All leather deviated red stitching
Sports Chrono
Sports design steering
PDK
Premium pckge with adaptive sports seat +
sports PASM
PSE
Sun Roof
Elect mirrors
Burmester

Comments are welcome
I am still a little undecided about the color. I really like GT Silver too
For now it is Guards Red with wheels in black
Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
SBA911
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds nice. I'm a fan of deviating stitching. I assume it's an Exclusive option - how did it price out? I'm thinking if doing the same for my pending c4s.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Storm Trooper
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What color is the interior? Black or tan?

If it's black, sounds like a great combo.

If it's tan, I suggest you test drive tan models. I have found tan interiors without black, dark blue or dark brown dash to be a problem, in that the sun reflects off the dash into the front windshield, so you have to wear sunglasses to counter it, and at night, street lights do the same thing, but you're stuck because you can't put sunglasses on at night.

I know that the 997 has an option of tan interior with black/dark blue dash. I really like that look, and that solves the problem.

What type of steering wheel? See my comments in other threads re the 3 types of steering wheels available and my feelings about them. In short:

Sport Wheel with Paddles - I like

Wheel with push buttons - I do not like and will never get a 911 with that type of wheel again. NOTE: There are two types of these wheels, one with functional buttons for phone, stereo, etc., and one without those.

Matter of preference/taste, but I suggest you test drive both before deciding on which steering wheel you want.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:49 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

Deviated stitching is available. It added a few grand. Total price of the car is around 133k. I saved some money by opting out of the PDCC.

To answer storm troopers question, interior is black leather with guards red stitching and seat belts. i selected the Sports design steering with pedals. I didn't care of for radio buttons on the wheels. i have them now and I hardly use them.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM
4forme
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SBA911
Sounds nice. I'm a fan of deviating stitching. I assume it's an Exclusive option - how did it price out? I'm thinking if doing the same for my pending c4s.
Just had it priced out today. $3,500 for the whole interior with deviated stitching.

Quick Reply: Ordered my 991