Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 08-08-2012, 01:56 AM
MD991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
This is the latest 'Paint to Sample' List from PCNA issued today. It is an update to the one I last posted here on my thread in late July, dated 6/04/12 (post #1). I will compare it to that one later today to see if there are any changes. But I thought I would posted right away to give everyone a head start!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
What an awesome job you are doing with all this info. Thank you!

I have a question. Do you know if you can order PTS that is a matte or satin finish?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Daoud
I have a question. Do you know if you can order PTS that is a matte or satin finish?
Michael: Very good question. I really don't know but my guess is 'NO'. Mercedes & BMW are experimenting with it as they have several special models where these paint finishes are being offered. Lets see how these paint finishes stand the test of time, weather, car washes, etc. It's a bit too 'avant-garde' for Porsche...at least right now!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
evio
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey z356 what do u think of this combo Polar silver yachting blue full leather with silver stiching thruout but a carbon fiber steering wheel.?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by evio
Hey z356 what do u think of this combo Polar silver yachting blue full leather with silver stiching thruout but a carbon fiber steering wheel.?
Evio: Sounds great! Silver stitching is a surprisingly versatile color that goes well with a variety of color interiors. It is being ordered by more & more 'Porsche Exclusive' customers and is one thread color that many here in the US should consider!

Now, I have a questions for you! Please tell us how the entire process for PTS went on your 991! We have not heard yet from anyone that has actually received their PTS 991 yet? How did you managed to get your PTS 'Polar Silver' so soon? Did they required you to provide a sample of the color? How long did it take from order to approval of your PTS color selection? Any further details you can provide us on this forum will be greatly appreciated!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
evio
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 47 Posts

z356 it took a whole year. I traded in a 2004c4s seal grey with cinamon guts blue top and I wanted a seven speed 2013 base 991.I traded in early so as to not decrease the value of my trade in.I had two colors in mind that were old porsche colors. My dealer had the sample of all old colors. So that helps a lot Then I wanted a 2013 instead of 2012 because I wanted porsche to work any kinks out if their were any. I paid 5500 extra for the color but I did my research and every dealer said that was there favorite color. Then I talked to Melissa Witek who works for porsche in customer consoltation and she is very helpful and has seen a lot of different combos. She said mind was very unique.Anyway not to bore you that is the scoop.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default As anticipated, some new options appeared a few days in the 991 US Configurator!

As foreseen in my 7/31/12 post on this thread, PCNA has added these options this week to the 991:

1) Deviating stitching in steering wheel rim. Note: stitching available in Silver, Racing Yellow, Guards Red, Black, White, Platinum Grey, Pebble Grey, Cream, Yachting Blue, Luxor Beige, Espresso., Umber, Aqua Blue, Peridot, Amber Orange, Agate Grey, Limegold, Cognac, Carrera Red. For multifunction steering wheel (order no. 844) only available in conjunction with PDK (order no. 250)
Cost is $1,025 Option # CLU.

a) Not available on standard wheel!
b) Available only by adding 'Sport Design Wheel', Option #840 for $250',
Or Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Option #844 for $615 (but only PDK).

2) Steering column casing in leather, Option #XNS for $465.

3) This might had been there before but I had not noticed it.
Instrument surround leather, Option #XNG for $360.

4) Rear-view mirror in leather, Option #CVW for $675.
a) Must be ordered with Automatically dimming mirror, Option #276 for $420.

The other options I mentioned in my earlier post (e.g. Illuminated Sill Guards, Adaptive Cruise Control) should appear shortly! I don't expect dealers to ask PCNA to allow 'Sport Bucket Seats' in regular 991's until AFTER the gt3's are released...but that is my personal reading of what US dealers 'want/not want', but I hope I am wrong!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update Eduardo! Does anyone have any pics of the instrument surround leather?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by evio
z356 it took a whole year. I traded in a 2004c4s seal grey with cinamon guts blue top and I wanted a seven speed 2013 base 991.I traded in early so as to not decrease the value of my trade in.I had two colors in mind that were old porsche colors. My dealer had the sample of all old colors. So that helps a lot Then I wanted a 2013 instead of 2012 because I wanted porsche to work any kinks out if their were any. I paid 5500 extra for the color but I did my research and every dealer said that was there favorite color. Then I talked to Melissa Witek who works for porsche in customer consoltation and she is very helpful and has seen a lot of different combos. She said mind was very unique.Anyway not to bore you that is the scoop.
EVIO,why don't you post some pictures of your car? I think everyone here would like to see that color combo...
I know you've been asked in many threads to post pictures and you mentioned you don't know how... Why don't you email me or somebody else the pictures and we'll post them for you,if you want...?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:37 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
EVIO,why don't you post some pictures of your car? I think everyone here would like to see that color combo...
I know you've been asked in many threads to post pictures and you mentioned you don't know how... Why don't you email me or somebody else the pictures and we'll post them for you,if you want...?
EVIO,

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply and the Preview Post buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and at the bottom of the window, the Close this Window.
  • If the pics are on your computer, click on one of the Browse buttons and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. If you want to upload some additional pics, repeat the above process. Now click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

• If the pics are in a url (web site), in the boxes supplied, type in the addresses where the pics are located. Then click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I am very interested in the Polar Silver! Please post pics if you can!
Thanks Tim for posting instructions!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

configurator now show stainless steel door trims .. much longer than standard
Old 08-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Pincomar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My current favourite car colour is Ferarri's Siverstone Grey. Do you suppose Porsche would copy it in a paint to sample order?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sfo
configurator now show stainless steel door trims .. much longer than standard
We have them just added to our US configurator too. Door sill guards in stainless steel, illuminated. Option # XXB for $895. No illustration is provided yet on US site. Instead we get this note:
"Door sill guards in stainless steel, illuminated Outer door sill guards (left/right) in stainless steel with white illuminated model logo. Note: preparation for illuminated door sill guards (order no. XES) will be included in the order at no extra cost"

You must be seeing in Porsche UK website. So how much different in length you think it is? Is it much different that the representation I illustrated on post #24 in page #2?

Originally Posted by Pincomar
My current favourite car colour is Ferarri's Siverstone Grey. Do you suppose Porsche would copy it in a paint to sample order?
I suppose so. Why not? All it will take is a firm order at your Porsche dealer and you providing them with a sample of that color painted on a piece of metal no smaller than a business size envelope!

Porsche doesn't care what color it is. They will do any as long as:
a) it doesn't create warranty issues for them (fade, etc).
b) it's a color they have designated just for a specific model (e.g. 'Pure Blue' for Speedster or 'Classic Grey' for the Sport Classic'!
c) it's might be a trade-mark violation (perhaps Gulf Blue or Gulf Orange).

As far as PAG is concerned, it's your money and you can spend it as you like! For example, take a look at this PTS 2009 Targa 4S. It was allowed to be done in this color, although many of you will wondered if customer understood its tragic consequences in resale! Hope is eternal however and there is always a possibility of a succesfull 'Mary Kay' representative falling in love with it!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...27162478&Log=0

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
You must be seeing in Porsche UK website. So how much different in length you think it is? Is it much different that the representation I illustrated on post #24 in page #2?
yes, UK site.

about twice as long, covering virtually the entire length of the black plastic
Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 AM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Nicki Minaj will buy that

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!