Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Leather Interior Choices - Part 5

Porsche added a few weeks ago option 'XNS' to their PCNA configurator. It is called 'Steering column casing in leather', Option # XNS, for $465. I think this option is very important and I will explain to you why. Without this option, all colored interiors in your 991/981 other than 'Black' will not be as well coordinated since it will come with a dual-tone steering wheel as 'standard'. In the 991/981, the front of the steering wheel is now color coordinated to the interior color (e.g. Luxor Beige, Yachting Blue, Platinum Grey, Carrera Red) and the back of the steering wheel is done in 'black' to coordinate with the adjacent steering column casing done standard in 'Black' plastic. See the photos #1, #2 & #3 below to see what I am talking about!

The steering wheels in the 997/987 models were not as awkward because Porsche did not color-coordinate the front of those steering wheels! For example, in early MY2011, the standard steering wheel was painted a shade of silver and only the leather rim was colored coordinated to your interior. In late MY2011 & MY2012, the standard steering wheel now came painted in 'black' and the leather rim was still colored to your interior (see photo #4), which was an nice look!

With the new 991/981, the standard steering wheel's front is now painted to match your interior, in addition to having the leather rim in that color too! If you order Option 'XNS', Porsche provides you with a beautiful leather casing with stitching so that your steering column can color match your interior's leather color. But that is NOT ALL. It also eliminates the 'black' rear part of your steering wheel since that apparently is also coordinated to the color of your interior and the adjacent leather-covered 'steering column' (see attachment #5 from the configurator in Luxor Beige)! Photo #3 lets you contrast the previous attachment to a 'Luxor Beige' Full leather interior without this 'XNS' leather casing option so you will see in the standard black plastic!

This 'XNS' option is brand new on the 991/981 and I have not seen or yet photographed any cars done with this option. However, I did ordered 'Steering Column Casing in Leather' on my 'Carrera Red' MY2012 Spyder and that is what you will see in the last photo (#6). It is absolutely stunning!

For those ordering a 'Black' or any of the Dual-Tone/BiColor interiors, this 'XNS' option is interesting & beautiful but not necessary! But for anyone that orders the lighter/brighter color interiors like 'Luxor Beige', 'Yachting Blue' or 'Carrera Red', this option is highly recommended in order for you to achieve a blended & more color consistent look in your 991/981 interior! You will also love it simply for the great looking leather & stitching, which is very pronounced! Finally, it's also one of the least expensive 'Porsche Exclusive' leather options that Porsche offers...so take advantage of it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images       

Last edited by Z356; 01-31-2013 at 01:26 AM. Reason: resized attached photos
Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 2) Leather Interior Choices - Part 6

There was one leather option on the 997/981 which I loved. It was called 'Defroster Trim in Leather', Option #XV1 and it cost only $535. It finished up in leather the portion of the dash normally done in plastic even on the 'Full Leather' interiors! It also provided a wonderful stitching line at the base of the windshield (which was very visible) and covered the central dash speaker with leather and stitching. It was a great deal for $535 and I ordered it on my '12 Spyder! See first two photos - first on a '10 .2 997 gt3 (Larry Cable's) and second on the dash of my '12 Spyder.

In the 991, they do this bit in leather again BUT we don't get a bargain anymore! Now there is an option that includes the defroster trim in leather (and a few more items), but it cost a lot! $1710 to be precise. It is option # CZW. It is called the 'Additional Interior Package, Dashboard in Leather'. It is described as follows in the configurator:

Covered in smooth-finish leather in interior color and partly with decorative stitching:
- dashboard end trim
- defroster trim

This option was a delayed availability at the start of 991 production but it's now offered on the configurator (see representation attached, #3 on center right below). CZW combines several parts of the dash covered in leather & stitching. For certain we can see the side (left & right) 'dash speakers/defroster vents' covered in leather and with a border nicely stitched. The center of dash, where there are lots of additional defroster vents and a central speaker (plus the Sport Chrono watch if so optioned), is also covered in leather and stitched around its borders (as it was done on the 997). Finally, the end trim of the dashboard is covered in leather on either sides. This very nice but it's something only visible when you open the doors!

As you may surmise, this option is not as great a deal as it was for the 997. There appears to be more dash items covered in leather on this package (e.g. Defroster Air Vents, which were option # CNB for $365 on the 997, are now included) but it doesn't make as compelling an option due to its higher cost. However, if you are concerned with the leather details of your cabin as I am, I would argue it would be worth it. It would also provide an additional & prominent leather surface in your interior to showcase your deviating stitching once it is allowed to be added to these bits (expected later this year). The 4th, 5th & 6th photos are of the 991's leather dash so that you identify how much 'soft touch' painted plastic is there even on a 'full leather' interior! Final 2 shots show dash with CZW option!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images         

Last edited by Z356; 01-31-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: resized attached photos
Old 09-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 2) Leather Interior Choices - Part 7

A) Two Tone Interiors: Someone from 'Porsche Exclusive' mentioned to me two weeks ago (at the temporary Porsche Zentrum set up at Quail Lodge) that Porsche is about to allow an expanded selection of Bi-Color interiors on their 991 model. For example, they will allow a 'Black/Carrera Red' interior combination for which there is some demand. Currently, that is not easy to do well on the 991, other than the two standard Bi-Color offerings of 'Agate/Pebble Grey' and 'Black/Platinum Grey'. Up to now, a nightmare scenario may occur when folks order a deviating color dash and top of the door trims other than the standard Bi-Colors offerings! Take a look at the attached photo of a 991 Cabriolet with a 'Luxor Beige' interior and deviating leather dash & upper door trims in 'Black' leather. The current ordering system inexplicably allows all the soft-touch plastic parts in the interior to remain 'Luxor Beige', not 'Black' at the appropriate places in the dash (vents/speakers), rear cab shelf area and circular plug on door trim. The results is a visual mismatch of epic proportions!

I feel quite bad for the unsuspecting owner who ordered this cab with high expectations of a beautiful two-tone interior! It also shows that anyone must be careful in what you order from Porsche. PAG will build it as requested by your dealer in the computer order guides, even when it looks like a terrible thing (as in this case). There is no second guessing the customer or a friendly email to dealer asking someone to please reconsider! If that is what you order, we will build it, Jawohl! That is in part why I am doing my threads on Rennlist. So that our forum members know how important it's to pay attention to all details in your order and choose wisely from the multiple options offered by 'Porsche Exclusive'!

B) The new ordering system will soon allow the subcontractors to supply the production line with color coordinated 'soft touch' parts when a customer makes a request for a Bi-Color interior. In the case of the Cabriolet in the attached photo, all the areas surrounding the 'Black' leather dash will be done in soft-touch painted in 'Black'. Same for the other trim pieces in the rear of the cabin. It's really a small change in their order guides which really should have been allowed from day one so that the owner of this 'Luxor Beige' 991 cab should not have had to experienced this abomination!

C) I would still want to know how they will coordinate the Alcantara on a coupe in the case of a Bi-Color customized interior. For example, if you order a full 'Luxor Beige' interior, the headliner and A & B pillars are done in 'Luxor Beige' Alcantara. Will they changed this to 'Black' or 'Charcoal' Alcantara if you order 'Black/Luxor Beige'? Or 'Agate' Alcantara when you chose 'Agate/Luxor Beige'? I would think so.

D) The impetus for all of this change (in my opinion) comes from the complaint of many that the lighter color interiors allow the dash to reflect on the raked windshield and obstruct vision! So PAG is trying to remedy this objection by offering consumers a choice. Personally, I also think it looks quite attractive. I expect to see quite a few 'Black/Carrera Red', 'Black/Luxor Beige' and 'Agate/Luxor Beige' interiors, to name but a few of the options!

E) 'Natural Brown' leather is not offered on the 991 and so far they have not even allow that color interior to be ordered in 'Leather to Sample' on the 991. I will talk about what I know about 'Leather to Sample' in some future post. But there is a new interior combination which is 1) surprisingly attractive, 2) is part of this brown family and 3) is ALREADY offered as a Bi-Color, or Two Tone interior, on the 981! That Bi-color is 'Agate/Amber Orange'. Don't let the name turn you off. Or the un-natural representation of the color on the Configurator. Take a look at the first actual photos I have see on a 981 with this interior just posted by new owner Michael 14 in Planet 9 (photos 2, 3 & 4). It's very attractive! I also think Porsche is experimenting with it on the Boxster. If it's well received by the critics and customers, it will soon be offered too on the 991!

Right now it's only available on the new Boxster. But it could easily be expanded to the 991! The hold up is the obvious lack of corresponding 'Amber Orange' plastic parts & the coordinated 'Alcantara' color needed for the 991 model's interior. These parts are not currently needed for the Boxster for obvious reasons BUT will indeed be at hand when they start ordering 'Amber Orange' coordinated plastic & alcantara parts for the upcoming Cayman model, which will likely be offered with this attractive Bi-Color interior too! The Cayman will be introduced at the LA Auto Show this fall - 2012! Otherwise, PAG has all the other 'Amber-Orange' elements ready to go - the colored carpet, the corresponding airbag covers on the sides of the 'Amber Orange' leather seats (more important that many of you think, but we will discuss this on another day) & matching deviating stitching color thread for the 'Agate' dash & door trims! In summary, we probably will soon see this color interior added to the 991! I expect the cost to be the same as the 'Agate/Pebble Grey' since these are not 'Premium' natural leathers and thus less expensive!

This 'Amber Orange' leather color has some of the visual qualities of 'Natural Brown'. Paired with the 'Agate Grey' dash, door trim and steering wheel, this interior is simply stunning. In combination with 'Agate Grey' exterior, or the standard browns and blacks offered, it will be very attractive! It will also go well with some unique PTS exterior colors you might be able to order. Let your imagination run wild! I am still a big fan of the old 'Natural Brown' offered on the .2 997. But as Stephen Stills wrote in his 1970 hit song: "If you can't be with the one you love...love the one you're with". I think I am falling in love with 'Agate/Amber Orange'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images     

Last edited by Z356; 09-01-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Re: Before I discuss 'Deviating Stitching'

I have received many private messages & emails inquiring about 'Deviating Stitching'. I am hoping to get to that topic pretty soon. This is one of the areas where we, the Porsche consumer, are given the least amount of public information. It is not on any of Porsche market's Configurators worldwide, as far as I know. This lack of information is not entirely new. It wasn't readily available when I ordered my '12 Spyder either. During the many months that it took me to study all the options and to finalized my specs on that custom order, I got quite familiar with what deviating stitching could be ordered on the 997 and 987 by simply bombarding my dealer contacts and 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany with questions!

So that is the base of information that I have to start out those discussions on this thread. However, that it is not enough to give a thorough review of the subject matter on the 991 & 981. 'Porsche Exclusive' is doing their 'deviating stitching' program slightly different in these new models. In the 997 and 987 for example, we could order any additional options that involved leather & stitching and be guaranteed that it would be done in the deviating stitching color by paying ONCE a fee which had a specific order code attached. You would be surprised at how many 997 interiors I have seen where some of the stitching on the interior (e.g. center console lid) did not match the rest! Neither the customer nor the ordering dealer realized that this 'catch-all' option was needed to achieved a coordinated deviating stitching in the interior! Similarly, even when this 'catch-all' code was ordered, many customers never were able to get the stitching on the steering wheel, shifter lever boot and emergency brake handle to match the rest of the deviated stitching in their interior! That is because you needed a separate order code to get those parts done (or it wasn't available at all in some cases). Rather than to take a chance of a mismatched interior, many potential customers gave up and never bother to order deviating stitching at all! In the 991/981 order guides, there is no 'catch-all' deviating stitching option so we need to know how this will be done in these new models (hint - deviating stitching for each leather option will be individually ordered with a different order code!).

Knowing all of this, I have asked in writing 'Porsche Exclusive' in the United States to address those and other questions I have on 'Deviating Stitching' for the 991 & 981. I have also asked what changes are coming which will allow options like XHS (center tunnel & console lid), XNS (steering column in leather), CZW (additional dash vents, speakers, ends) and others to be done in deviating stitching. At the present time, these options are NOT permitted to be done with any deviating stitching, apparently because they have supply bottlenecks and need to simplify production for their hard-pressed vendors. Similarly, I have asked when you might be able to order a different color thread (from the limited standard selection) in the case where you order a PTS exterior (e.g. Pastell Orange) and want to have a matching deviating stitching (e.g. orange) in the interior. So rather than give partial or erroneous information on this forum, I have been waiting patiently to hear back from Sascha Glaeser after he returns from vacation in Germany so that I get all of this 'right' before disseminating the information.

I leave you with one photo of 'deviating stitching' on the beautiful interior of BnB's 991 in Britain!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Pincomar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
A) Two Tone Interiors: Someone from 'Porsche Exclusive' mentioned to me two weeks ago (at the temporary Porsche Zentrum set up at Quail Lodge) that Porsche is about to allow an expanded selection of Bi-Color interiors on their 991 model. For example, they will allow a 'Black/Carrera Red' interior combination for which there is some demand. Currently, that is not easy to do well on the 991, other than the two standard Bi-Color offerings of 'Agate/Pebble Grey' and 'Black/Platinum Grey'. Up to now, a nightmare scenario may occur when folks order a deviating color dash and top of the door trims other than the standard Bi-Colors offerings! Take a look at the attached photo of a 991 Cabriolet with a 'Luxor Beige' interior and deviating leather dash & upper door trims in 'Black' leather. The current ordering system inexplicably allows all the soft-touch plastic parts in the interior to remain 'Luxor Beige', not 'Black' at the appropriate places in the dash (vents/speakers), rear cab shelf area and circular plug on door trim. The results is a visual mismatch of epic proportions!

I feel quite bad for the unsuspecting owner who ordered this cab with high expectations of a beautiful two-tone interior! It also shows that anyone must be careful in what you order from Porsche. PAG will build it as requested by your dealer in the computer order guides, even when it looks like a terrible thing (as in this case). There is no second guessing the customer or a friendly email to dealer asking someone to please reconsider! If that is what you order, we will build it, Jawohl! That is in part why I am doing my threads on Rennlist. So that our forum members know how important it's to pay attention to all details in your order and choose wisely from the multiple options offered by 'Porsche Exclusive'!

B) The new ordering system will soon allow the subcontractors to supply the production line with color coordinated 'soft touch' parts when a customer makes a request for a Bi-Color interior. In the case of the Cabriolet in the attached photo, all the areas surrounding the 'Black' leather dash will be done in soft-touch painted in 'Black'. Same for the other trim pieces in the rear of the cabin. It's really a small change in their order guides which really should have been allowed from day one so that the owner of this 'Luxor Beige' 991 cab should not have had to experienced this abomination!

C) I would still want to know how they will coordinate the Alcantara on a coupe in the case of a Bi-Color customized interior. For example, if you order a full 'Luxor Beige' interior, the headliner and A & B pillars are done in 'Luxor Beige' Alcantara. Will they changed this to 'Black' or 'Charcoal' Alcantara if you order 'Black/Luxor Beige'? Or 'Agate' Alcantara when you chose 'Agate/Luxor Beige'? I would think so.

D) The impetus for all of this change (in my opinion) comes from the complaint of many that the lighter color interiors allow the dash to reflect on the raked windshield and obstruct vision! So PAG is trying to remedy this objection by offering consumers a choice. Personally, I also think it looks quite attractive. I expect to see quite a few 'Black/Carrera Red', 'Black/Luxor Beige' and 'Agate/Luxor Beige' interiors, to name but a few of the options!

E) 'Natural Brown' leather is not offered on the 991 and so far they have not even allow that color interior to be ordered in 'Leather to Sample' on the 991. I will talk about what I know about 'Leather to Sample' in some future post. But there is a new interior combination which is 1) surprisingly attractive, 2) is part of this brown family and 3) is ALREADY offered as a Bi-Color, or Two Tone interior, on the 981! That Bi-color is 'Agate/Amber Orange'. Don't let the name turn you off. Or the un-natural representation of the color on the Configurator. Take a look at the first actual photos I have see on a 981 with this interior just posted by new owner Michael 14 in Planet 9 (photos 2, 3 & 4). It's very attractive! I also think Porsche is experimenting with it on the Boxster. If it's well received by the critics and customers, it will soon be offered too on the 991!

Right now it's only available on the new Boxster. But it could easily be expanded to the 991! The hold up is the obvious lack of corresponding 'Amber Orange' plastic parts & the coordinated 'Alcantara' color needed for the 991 model's interior. These parts are not currently needed for the Boxster for obvious reasons BUT will indeed be at hand when they start ordering 'Amber Orange' coordinated plastic & alcantara parts for the upcoming Cayman model, which will likely be offered with this attractive Bi-Color interior too! The Cayman will be introduced at the LA Auto Show this fall - 2012! Otherwise, PAG has all the other 'Amber-Orange' elements ready to go - the colored carpet, the corresponding airbag covers on the sides of the 'Amber Orange' leather seats (more important that many of you think, but we will discuss this on another day) & matching deviating stitching color thread for the 'Agate' dash & door trims! In summary, we probably will soon see this color interior added to the 991! I expect the cost to be the same as the 'Agate/Pebble Grey' since these are not 'Premium' natural leathers and thus less expensive!

This 'Amber Orange' leather color has some of the visual qualities of 'Natural Brown'. Paired with the 'Agate Grey' dash, door trim and steering wheel, this interior is simply stunning. In combination with 'Agate Grey' exterior, or the standard browns and blacks offered, it will be very attractive! It will also go well with some unique PTS exterior colors you might be able to order. Let your imagination run wild! I am still a big fan of the old 'Natural Brown' offered on the .2 997. But as Stephen Stills wrote in his 1970 hit song: "If you can't be with the one you love...love the one you're with". I think I am falling in love with 'Agate/Amber Orange'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Eduardo,

Thank you. I believe that a two-tone interior Black and Red might be very popular. I like the current red offering, but it isn't very subtle! A black dash might just tone it down a bit. I would love to see one!

Mark.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Pincomar
Eduardo,

Thank you. I believe that a two-tone interior Black and Red might be very popular. I like the current red offering, but it isn't very subtle! A black dash might just tone it down a bit. I would love to see one!

Mark.
I would caution all to wait until 'Porsche Exclusive' announces that it has put in place it's 'coordinated' Bi-Color customizing program before anyone orders a 'Black/Carrera Red' interior (or 'Black/Luxor Beige', etc). I went into some detail in my post 'Part 7' (above) as for the reasons why. Basically, the current ordering system will allow you to do a deviating leather color on the dash but will NOT coordinate the plastic parts to match the new hue you have introduced!

Here is a current example of a spec 2013 991 that should have waited for the NEW program (which will match color of the plastic to the adjacent color of the leather) to be implemented BEFORE ordering this customized 'Bi-Color' or 'Two Tone' 991 interior. The plastic parts on the dash are done in 'RED' and the dash leather is done in 'BLACK'. I know Hennessy from personal experiences and they have a very good reputation. Yet this particular order is clearly not optimal although their intentions were 'noble':

http://hennessy.porschedealer.com/ne...41480/info.php

In theory, this problem could have been remedied if they would have ordered Option CZW in 'Black' leather. Then all the plastic parts you see in photo below would have been covered in 'Black' leather to match the 'Black' leather dash! But if they didn't want to spring for the extra $1710 for this option, they should have waited until the New coordinated 'Bi-Color' program is announced before ordering this combination!

As I have tried to explain from day one on this thread, please be careful when you order a 'custom' 991 or 981. Don't rely on just what you casually hear at your dealership when ordering. Do your homework. Read the forums. Ask the hard questions from 'Porsche Exclusive' and make sure you understand all aspects of what you are ordering before you sign on the dotted line. And above all, 'Caveat Emptor'. That is the best piece of advice I can give you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in humid & warm Lyme, CT!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Z356; 09-09-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what an utter disaster
Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UK configurator now has bi colour black/beige option .. selectable but does not show in the rendering
Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sfo
UK configurator now has bi colour black/beige option .. selectable but does not show in the rendering
Thanks for the heads up, sfo. I will check out the UK site next. But this customized Bi-Color program from 'Porsche Exclusive' is needed ASAP and hopefully will also include 'Black/Carrera Red' soon!

Here is another example of a dealer spec order that has a less than optimal Bi-Color combo! The principal interior color is 'Carrera Red' and the dash has been requested in 'Black'. Note that the 'soft plastic' parts of the dash have been left by the factory in 'Carrera Red'. This lack of color coordination is what 'Porsche Exclusive' is hoping that the new Bi-Color program will solve - as I have explained in previous posts. Sunset Porsche in the Portland area is a top rated dealership and they have always been very successful with their 'Black with Red interior' combos. I remember last year they had a beautiful Spyder - Black with 'Carrera Red' interior - that was stunning! And they have a great sales manager there too - Mazy Hassanpour!

The alternative to solve this color coordination problem even without this new 'Porsche Exclusive' customized Bi-Color program is order the Black dash with the new $1710 option called # CZW, which would have covered everything you see currently 'red' on this dash in beautifully stitched black leather! But perhaps this option was not available at the time Sunset ordered this 991 cabriolet! But that is something else to think about for those who haven't placed your orders yet!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, CO

PS By the way sfo: Those were great photos of your beautiful 981 on your recent trip to the Alps!
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:58 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deviated Stitching

Attached is what is currently available for a 991 build in terms of deviated stitching.

The following leather options do not allow for deviated stitching at present:
- Seat backs in leather;
- real centre tunnel in leather;
- front centre cubby in leather;
- rear view mirror in leather.

That's is as much as I know right now as I was working with Melissa Witek of PCNA in the build of my 991S.
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DBYT
Attached is what is currently available for a 991 build in terms of deviated stitching.

The following leather options do not allow for deviated stitching at present:
- Seat backs in leather;
- real centre tunnel in leather;
- front centre cubby in leather;
- rear view mirror in leather.

That's is as much as I know right now as I was working with Melissa Witek of PCNA in the build of my 991S.
DBYT: Thanks for the report. Yes, let me put it in more general terms. At the present time, 'Porsche Exclusive' does not appear to allow any deviating stitching on any additional leather option other than the ones you are getting and which I list below:

24891 Dev. Stitch front, rear seat 1,100.00
24901 Deviating stitch dashboard 390.00
24902 Deviating Stitching door trim 390.00
24905 Dev. stitch rear side panel 390.00
26741 Dev. stitch door center panel 390.00
26751 Deviating stitching arm rest 310.00
26761 Dev. stitching door handles 390.00

Total $3360.00

So for example, Options CZW 'Additional dash vents, speakers, ends', XNS 'Steering column casing in leather' and XHS 'Center tunnel rear in leather with decorative stitching' can not be done with deviating stitching at this time. These leather options still come with stitching, but only in the standard/default color that goes with that particular leather color (e.g. 'red' thread in a 'Carrera Red' interior). Same holds true for the seat backs in leather option, which I have not yet talked about on this thread. They are not yet available with deviating stitching but can be had with the standard color thread (see attached photo of this option in 'Black' leather on a 991). Lastly, the 'rear view mirror in leather' that you mentioned doesn't come with stitching anyway, so don't worry about that one!

I have been holding talking about deviating stitching & other 'Porsche Exclusive' options pending answers to the many questions I have posed to Sascha Glaeser in writing. However, I am having a difficult time getting him to respond which is putting in jeopardy my ability to continue posting useful & correct information on the subject to this forum!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS What are you referring to when you say 'front centre cubby in leather'?
Attached Images  

Last edited by Z356; 01-31-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: resized attached photos
Old 09-18-2012, 01:03 AM
DBYT
Pro

Eduardo, by front centre cubby, I meant front centre console or armrest.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DBYT
Eduardo, by front centre cubby, I meant front centre console or armrest.
OK, I understand now. That is part of option XHS, which includes decorative stitching in both the 'rear center tunnel' and the 'console lid'! In the attached photo you see Opt XHS in a 'Black' interior with the standard/default stitching (a grey thread) for that color leather!

Good luck with your custom order! Give us more details of it when you get a chance!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  

Last edited by Z356; 01-31-2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: resized attached photos
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 AM
DBYT
Pro

Eduardo,
Here is my build:

911 Carrera S
Dark Blue Metallic
Luxor Beige leather interior
7-speed Manual Transmission
Seat belts in Guards Red
BOSE(R) Audio Package
Premium Package with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Sunroof in glass
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Wing mirror (lower part) painted
Rear apron painted
ParkAssist (front and rear)
Sport Exhaust System
PDCC with PASM Sport Suspension
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Interior Leather
Steering column in leather
Dash in leather
Centre console trim in carbon fibre
Porsche Crest on headrests
SportDesign steering wheel
Dev. Stitch front, rear seat
Deviating stitch dashboard
Deviating Stitching door trim
Dev. stitch rear side panel
Dev. stitch door center panel
Deviating stitching arm rest
Dev. stitching door handles
Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 AM
DBYT
Pro

My ordered is now locked and about to be built in the next week or two with estimated delivery ear;y November...a month delay because of the glass sunroof supply issues.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!