Sponsored by:

991 S build DELAYED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 991 S build DELAYED!!!!

Just got told by PCNA that my 991S build has been pushed back 1 month from Sep to Oct with delivery in November sometime. This is because of the glass sunroof issue...apparently, they are having supplier issues.

Am very disappointed by this delay. Wondering if the glass roof is worth it now. Knee jerk reaction was to call the Ferrari dealer to see how long it would take to have a California built and shipped.

Also, the delay has thrown a real spanner in the works in terms of the road trip I had planned to make to break the car in. October drive up to Vermont would have been great for the fall colors...
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

It could be worse. In '84 I planned a factory delivery, booked my vacation, etc. but the metalworkers went on strike and the factory shut down. No car for the trip. But I'm not still bitter.....

Probably doesn't make you feel any better though. Just wanted you to know I can appreciate your disappointment. Still, it's just a month. Hang in there and good luck.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
It could be worse. In '84 I planned a factory delivery, booked my vacation, etc. but the metalworkers went on strike and the factory shut down. No car for the trip. But I'm not still bitter.....

Probably doesn't make you feel any better though. Just wanted you to know I can appreciate your disappointment. Still, it's just a month. Hang in there and good luck.
Thanks Mike! Not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things but the extended wait does suck and it eats into a month of good driving weather here in the Northeast...
Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Ferrari California? Bite your tongue! It looks like a Hyundai Genesis Coupe;-)
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually just heard that Porsche has even blocked the option from dealers ordering it until the issues with the supplier get sorted out.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:53 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why are you comparing a Coupe to a Convertible?
Old 08-12-2012, 12:12 AM
BevHillsPorsche
Former Vendor

I for one can't wait to see the roof once we get it. I think it's a great option and it's probably about time that it happened especially so with the apparent rethought on the Targa concept.

I'll see if I can ask around and get some more information for you and if I come across anything or substance I'll find the thread and send you a PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:20 AM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you are disappointed, I would be too. I'm not trying to moralize here, but rather give some perspective, but if your worse problem, in this economic climate, is waiting an extra month or so for your new Porsche, well...you are a frustrated, but very fortunate fella. I can assure you that it will be worth the wait. Hang in there.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:36 AM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by solomonschris
I know you are disappointed, I would be too. I'm not trying to moralize here, but rather give some perspective, but if your worse problem, in this economic climate, is waiting an extra month or so for your new Porsche, well...you are a frustrated, but very fortunate fella. I can assure you that it will be worth the wait. Hang in there.
Totally agree that I am very fortunate to be in a position to be buying a new 911 in this climate. Having seen the glass roof in person today, it will definitely be worth the wait.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:43 AM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by kosmo
why are you comparing a Coupe to a Convertible?
Cali was my first choice but wife felt that the 991 was a better DD and a less extravagant way to reward a recent financial home run and my 40th.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:44 AM
John's 991
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the delay. My 991S was delayed a month and a half because I did not want any sunroof. The dealer told me I was ensuring that I could never resell my car on top of the delay.

But I got exactly what I wanted and am really happy with it. Hope you love yours when it arrives.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:44 AM
airwave
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...mine has been pushed back again too new delivery date is now (still) w39 from originally w35. I think it's worth to wait ...however the factory holidays of total 3 weeks will end 19-Aug.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:00 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by uhn2000
Actually just heard that Porsche has even blocked the option from dealers ordering it until the issues with the supplier get sorted out.
that happened to me Monday 6 August 12, literally hours before I agreed a deal with my dealer (UK).

Quick Reply: 991 S build DELAYED!!!!