Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New comer intro plus questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@chuckbdc.. I agree that the carrera classic wheel is a knockout look, but I prefer to get 19" wheels (more rubber on the road) and is one of the reasons that put an end to the debate on my part between the 3.4 and the 3.8 991s. Also, I liked the platinum silver until I saw the gt silver which I agree is duller looking but I really like the looks of it, but I might revisit it again. If I can get the black in "natural" top grain leather along with lighter headliner, I will probably go for it, but if not, I will probably stick with an all black full leather interior instead of pouring money down the "exclusive" sinkhole. BTW.. thanks for all your input. I have always found your comments in other threads very much in line with my thoughts.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I have Platinum Silver with full black leather. It feels, lemme see, more like being inside a German leather lined pistol holster than a very expensive woman's handbag. But if you like very expensive women, by all means go for the espresso natural leather.

PS you won't go wrong with either option you described.
Good distinction. My Sig-Sauers would feel right at home in the black full leather. My expensive woman would have suited these natural leather seats just fine. They do feel just like her favorite purse.

Gary
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Fabolous
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i vote for agate/red/red top
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 PM
CHLW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my another dilemma here is that I also have another vehicle in grey, an X3 in Space Grey (termed by BMW), so two grey cars in the garage...
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 310 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by rpilot
@chuckbdc.. I agree that the carrera classic wheel is a knockout look, but I prefer to get 19" wheels (more rubber on the road) and is one of the reasons that put an end to the debate on my part between the 3.4 and the 3.8 991s. Also, I liked the platinum silver until I saw the gt silver which I agree is duller looking but I really like the looks of it, but I might revisit it again. If I can get the black in "natural" top grain leather along with lighter headliner, I will probably go for it, but if not, I will probably stick with an all black full leather interior instead of pouring money down the "exclusive" sinkhole. BTW.. thanks for all your input. I have always found your comments in other threads very much in line with my thoughts.
TY rpilot. Not sure I understand "19" wheels (more rubber on the road)". I think the contact patches will be the same. It used to be the case that higher profile tires (more pneumatic) were smoother riding, but the 991 suspension has changed that- the ride is supple in all sizes, especially with PASM. Other than that not sure of your build, but note that PSE cost just about what GT Silver does. Reading Gary's and Oldman's posts here my resolve to be grown up is fast fading and I am slipping into the ok just one alteration vortex.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

TY rpilot. Not sure I understand "19" wheels (more rubber on the road)". I think the contact patches will be the same. It used to be the case that higher profile tires (more pneumatic) were smoother riding, but the 991 suspension has changed that- the ride is supple in all sizes, especially with PASM. Other than that not sure of your build, but note that PSE cost just about what GT Silver does. Reading Gary's and Oldman's posts here my resolve to be grown up is fast fading and I am slipping into the ok just one alteration vortex.
You have to see somebody's 991S with the PSE. Surely that can be arranged.

Gary
Old 11-21-2012, 09:52 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apparently, I misstated. I meant more rubber on the tire as in a higher profile tire since I am not convinced that PASM can do anything about road hazards that lurk at every corner around here, supple ride nothwithstanding. Yes, I am aware of the GT Silver vs PSE cost, but you know, I will get more satisfaction out of simply taking a look at the car in my driveway or in my garage in that magnificent color than I ever will out of PSE. I actually like the periods of silence between acceleration, although I will try and demo a PSE car before I make up my mind. If I cant demo one, safe to say I will not order it. I will start a new thread soon seeking feedback on my build. Thanks

Quick Reply: New comer intro plus questions