Insurance Carrier Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 PM
GoldenBoy13
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Carrier Opinions

Hey Fellas,

I'm new to the boards and hoping you guys can give me some advice. My 2013 C2S is on a boat, and the dealer suggested I could expect delivery in the next 2 weeks or so. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row for when the car does arrive, and one of the things I need to sort out is insurance. For all of my previous vehicles, I've purchased coverage almost exclusively based on price. For the new 991, I'm thinking I should be a little more careful (i.e., not just go with a discount carrier), and I wanted to see which insurance companies others on the boards are using and if people have thoughts on good/bad insurance carriers.

Any thoughts/opinions are much appreciated. Apologies if this has already been addressed in another thread.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 AM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

I've always had Allstate. They've always been good to me, and I get significant discounts for having multiple policies (home and auto) though them.

Hope this helps.

Alex
Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Your main concern should be to find a carrier that will provide OEM parts for repairs, rather than how inexpensive a policy you can find.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Wondering what other companies you guys use?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my tt insured with Grundy with an agreed value, zero deductible policy. The car was vandalized in Las Vegas. I could not have been more pleased with their performance. I was told I could choose whatever repair shop I felt most comfortable with. They cut the check on the day they received the bill. Grundy is first class all the way.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm with fast1 here. The most important factor is your ability to choose the shop and materials. Vast majority of shops mix factory colors according to established formulas using standard pigments. They will swear these are the exact color, as if this is irrefutable, when in fact the only thing that is irrefutable is that the color will NEVER be right unless they use original factory paint. Read some of the PTS info to get an idea the lengths Porsche goes to achieve all the beautiful colors they do. The same goes by the way all the way down to the body part. NEVER allow bondo or fillers of any kind to be used on your car. The inability of the vast majority of shops to perform acceptable work on a Porsche is so common that my view is you do everything possible to avoid these kinds of repairs- which means your first course is always to try paintless dent removal whenever it is even remotely likely to work.

So, in other words, if you are serious about securing quality insured work then start with the shop and work back from there. Determine who are the best craftsmen in your area. Confirm with your carrier they will work with that shop. Get a rider IN WRITING from your agent that this shop shall determine what work is necessary. Anything less, don't fool yourself, regardless of carrier or how much you pay if they use standard underwriting and claims you and your car are at risk of typical, read shoddy, results.

Quick Reply: Insurance Carrier Opinions