Sponsored by:

Color combination of interior with speed yellow

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:27 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,855 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Black leather, with deviated leather seat inserts and door panels in "leather to sample" racing yellow.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:11 AM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
links seem broken
PM me your email and I'll send you pictures. I'm not sure why I can't seem to link to my Flickr album. Same for anyone else who is interested.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YB looks nice in Yellow car but black will be stunning, depending on your budget I would definitely add deviated stitching & seat belts in Yellow (make sure you add extra leather package for full effect - Eduardo is the de facto authority on this). If you still have some $$$ left then ceramic brakes (PCCM) and black/gunmetal wheels would be the icing on the cake.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:33 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,855 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
YB looks nice in Yellow car but black will be stunning, depending on your budget I would definitely add deviated stitching & seat belts in Yellow (make sure you add extra leather package for full effect - Eduardo is the de facto authority on this). If you still have some $$$ left then ceramic brakes (PCCM) and black/gunmetal wheels would be the icing on the cake.
That combo would be so badass I'm pretty sure it would be illegal in all but 3 states in the US.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Eduardo is the de facto authority on this
Are you sure?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-27-2014, 04:31 PM
ricm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArashApollo
It sucks how racing yellow is not the same yellow as the PCCB calipers.. Wish they would match
Ask and you will receive: painted-to-match Racing Yellow PCCB calipers.

At last week's Parade, I asked this to a Porsche rep why continue with Speed Yellow calipers as it's no longer a standard color and he gave me a confused look as if who cares.
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2014, 04:47 PM
ricm
Instructor

Racing Yellow and Pebble/Agate Grey. You either love it or hate it.

I love it.

And as it's not a DD, dirty leather isn't an issue.

PS: Gotta do something about that wonky steering wheel!
Attached Images   
Old 06-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ricm
At last week's Parade, I asked this to a Porsche rep why continue with Speed Yellow calipers as it's no longer a standard color and he gave me a confused look as if who cares.
The official line is that PAG wants certain colors associated permanently with a particular variation of their brakes so that they are instantly recognizable by 'all' worldwide. So 'Speed Yellow' for the PCCB's, 'Guards Red' for the 'S', 'Black' for the non-S (base), 'Acid Green' for the Hybrids, and 'Silver' for....don't ask, because even they don't know why they are painting some calipers 'Silver' (e.g. some Panameras & Macans). For their super VIP 918 clients, they have allowed them to option their calipers in 'Silver' if a customer doesn't want them in the standard 'Acid Green'. That is a costly option at nearly $3K! But for anyone else ordering a less expensive model from factory, I don't think they are giving you even that choice!

In Zuffenhausen last year, the 'Porsche Exclusive' representatives spent time explaining to me why PAG normally refuses the many requests they get each year from customers asking for their brake calipers in a deviated color. The answer the give, they said, is always 'Nein'.

Interestingly, some other auto marques that allow optional deviating colors on their brakes caliper have recently had a surge in requests for 'Speed Yellow'. This apparently in order to broadcast to the world that they paid extra for carbon fiber rotors and have everybody easily recognize them! So Porsche's color branding strategy is apparently subconsciously 'working' on the greater auto enthusiast world even beyond their own models!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS to RICM: How much did it cost you to paint your calipers 'Racing Yellow' and who did them for you?

Last edited by Z356; 06-29-2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Clarify a point
Old 06-29-2014, 07:56 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Gruson
The yellow wheels look awful.

As for the original question....if you get Racing Yellow, you have to get a black interior! Sorry but noting else looks good with yellow.
Agreed, I could not get past the yellow wheels. Reminded me of the baby blue wheels on the 911 at Walter's.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 AM
ricm
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z356
The official line is that PAG wants certain colors associated permanently with a particular variation of their brakes so that they are instantly recognizable by 'all' worldwide. So 'Speed Yellow' for the PCCB's, 'Guards Red' for the 'S', 'Black' for the non-S (base), 'Acid Green' for the Hybrids, and 'Silver' for....don't ask, because even they don't know why they are painting some calipers 'Silver' (e.g. some Panameras & Macans). For their super VIP 918 clients, they have allowed them to option their calipers in 'Silver' if a customer doesn't want them in the standard 'Acid Green'. That is a costly option at nearly $3K! But for anyone else ordering a less expensive model from factory, I don't think they are giving you even that choice!

In Zuffenhausen last year, the 'Porsche Exclusive' representatives spent time explaining to me why PAG normally refuses the many requests they get each year from customers asking for their brake calipers in a deviated color. The answer the give, they said, is always 'Nein'.

Interestingly, some other auto marques that allow optional deviating colors on their brakes caliper have recently had a surge in requests for 'Speed Yellow'. This apparently in order to broadcast to the world that they paid extra for carbon fiber rotors and have everybody easily recognize them! So Porsche's color branding strategy is apparently subconsciously 'working' on the greater auto enthusiast world even beyond their own models!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS to RICM: How much did it cost you to paint your calipers 'Racing Yellow' and who did them for you?
Regardless of PAGs reasoning, I think it's a disservice to those ordering Racing Yellow and PCCBs with Speed Yellow calipers. With their exhaustive option list, most of which are related to cosmetics/personalization, PAG can still retain the emblematic yellow calipers whether it's RY or SY. SY calipers are a marked departure, and a bothersome mismatch, when compared directly against RY. Too bad.

Eduardo: the original owner had the calipers painted (and what appears to be original screened type applied vs. after-market decals) by a P dealer in the DFW area for supposedly $4200. As they're PCCBs the dealer facilitated the disassembly/reassembly of the calipers and the painting. The owner had a very specific option list - basic radio, 4 way seats and headlight washer delete, and along with the paint-to-match PCCBs, there's PDDC, SPASM, and PDK/SC. AX/track ready.

Last edited by ricm; 06-30-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Color combination of interior with speed yellow