Sponsored by:

An interesting color scheme

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default An interesting color scheme

I am finding it harder and harder to justify a 150K C4S versus a 140K GT3... I can get it down to 147 or so if I drop a few options, more if I drop the Powerkit, but I don't want to. The only advantage to the C4S is I can drive it more of the year than I can a GT3, which is a pretty big advantage.

By the way, this is Mahogany Metallic over Espresso/Cognac full natural leather with Mahogany wood trim.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Looking at what you got there, I'd say you got a keeper. Beautiful build, gorgeous in fact, far beyond anything you'd ever see in a GT3. You don't show your GT3 build but two more different cars in the same model is hard to imagine! If you're a trader and resale is a big deal then get the GT3. But this C4S is a keeper!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:13 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

I like it Dr.Jay.

Makes my blk/blk car seem quite boring.

Maybe I like the brown hues because I had a root beer brown 911 turbo Matchbox car when I must have been about 5 years old and I'm sure that's where my 911 obsession came from.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just saw this exact interior combo in a Cayenne turbo this weekend. It was absolutely stunning in person. Since its a "luxury" build maybe get the aluminum window trim too?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:31 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarcusG
I like it Dr.Jay.

Makes my blk/blk car seem quite boring.

Maybe I like the brown hues because I had a root beer brown 911 turbo Matchbox car when I must have been about 5 years old and I'm sure that's where my 911 obsession came from.
You had one of those too? :thumb up:

My other choice is the Basalt Black which if I am not mistaken, looks like the color of the car in your avatar.

I like it because it is different. To me most cars are boring grey boxes with more in common with an appliance than a machine that can stir the soul. IMO this is the ultimate expression of the 911. Luxurious daily driver with the heart of an animal hidden inside. Happy commuting, taking a woman out, blasting down a backroad, or tearing up a track, it does it all equally well.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:32 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Justin N
I just saw this exact interior combo in a Cayenne turbo this weekend. It was absolutely stunning in person. Since its a "luxury" build maybe get the aluminum window trim too?
I considered it, I think I prefer the black trim. Good to know about the interior of the Cayenne, that is encouraging. I have seen only the sample plates at the dealership so far.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:59 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Standard black here.

If the car had been Basalt Black wouldn't have hesitated at all.

I like the Anthracite Brown Metallic a lot though!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:06 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful spec car.... But I would say it depends on when you want the car because unless you already have an order in for the GT3 you will not touch one for at least another year I would say!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tejstar01
Beautiful spec car.... But I would say it depends on when you want the car because unless you already have an order in for the GT3 you will not touch one for at least another year I would say!

Good point.

I would still get a 4S if that's what you want.

If I could have waited I would be on the list for a GT3. After all said and done on my C2S I would have just thrown more money down on a GT3.

Just an afterthought but my buddy who is a BMW purist drove my car the other day and is completely sold on a PDK P car. He's a MT trans guy like I am at heart but after he drove my car he couldn't believe how superior the PDK is to the 2013 dual clutch auto in the M6. He especially loves grabbing both paddles quickly to put the car in neutral and just grabbing the paddle to throw it back in gear.

Sorry for the tangent DrJay.

This isn't mine. I just Googled it.

I'm hoping my parents have a box of my old toys with this Matchbox inside. Of course this toy memory is from 30 years ago. ****. Took me long enough to buy one.

Get that metallic brown. Stand out from the crowd!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:23 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tejstar01
If I had my way I would have both the C4S and a GT3

edit: And of course a Singer 911 too...
Old 10-29-2013, 12:26 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Good point.

I would still get a 4S if that's what you want.

If I could have waited I would be on the list for a GT3. After all said and done on my C2S I would have just thrown more money down on a GT3.

Just an afterthought but my buddy who is a BMW purist drove my car the other day and is completely sold on a PDK P car. He's a MT trans guy like I am at heart but after he drove my car he couldn't believe how superior the PDK is to the 2013 dual clutch auto in the M6. He especially loves grabbing both paddles quickly to put the car in neutral and just grabbing the paddle to throw it back in gear.

Sorry for the tangent DrJay.

This isn't mine. I just Googled it.

I'm hoping my parents have a box of my old toys with this Matchbox inside. Of course this toy memory is from 30 years ago. ****. Took me long enough to buy one.

Get that metallic brown. Stand out from the crowd!

It is actually Mahogany Metallic
Old 10-29-2013, 12:31 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJay
If I had my way I would have both the C4S and a GT3

edit: And of course a Singer 911 too...

One for each foot!

I love the Espresso/Cognac.

I did have a black Escalade with the Cashmere/beige interior and even with dark floor mats, that light interior showed every single black/dirty spot and drove me insane. You can kick the foot wells of my car with your newly polished dress shoes and of course nothing ever shows. Just a thought.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:34 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJay
It is actually Mahogany Metallic

Yes,

The mahogany metallic.

Like it!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:32 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

One for each foot!

I love the Espresso/Cognac.

I did have a black Escalade with the Cashmere/beige interior and even with dark floor mats, that light interior showed every single black/dirty spot and drove me insane. You can kick the foot wells of my car with your newly polished dress shoes and of course nothing ever shows. Just a thought.
That is a thought I have certainly had, more than once too. I am considering the Espresso deviating carpets just for that reason.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:02 PM
megmarc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car!!!

Quick Reply: An interesting color scheme