Sponsored by:

Saw my first C7 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 04:10 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Can we please get to page 16? The C7 was bad enough but now having to scroll past that and the Ferrari is making me wish for the purple Gremlin just to get some relief!
There!
Page 16

C2 looks better than C7

Old 11-26-2013, 10:16 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that gremlin is kinda hip. ok i said it.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Page 16

C2 looks better than C7

Thank you. But could you cover up the C7 with a brown paper wrapper? It is after all the Hustler of cars.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:41 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes please.

Last edited by amerlemans; 12-01-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 PM
rocklegend
Advanced

Just wait till the Z06 comes out next year. The Z06 will destroy the competition including the Porsche 911 Turbo, Nissan GT-R around Laguna Seca. I know you guys don't care about lap times, just how it drives. But that statement is just said because the Porsche is slower but I bet if the Porsche was quicker than the Z06, everyone would be saying look how fast it is.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:18 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocklegend
Just wait till the Z06 comes out next year. The Z06 will destroy the competition including the Porsche 911 Turbo, Nissan GT-R around Laguna Seca. I know you guys don't care about lap times, just how it drives. But that statement is just said because the Porsche is slower but I bet if the Porsche was quicker than the Z06, everyone would be saying look how fast it is.
You are correct. It is the correct way to argue that your preferred vehicle is better. If the Porsche Turbo ends up being slower, we will not discuss 0-60 times etc...We will focus on the fact that it is a better overall package, albeit more expensive.
You and other Corvette lovers have taken this same approach of presenting your side of this debate by never posting pictures of the incredibly ugly and cheap looking rear end on the C7.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:58 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911sanantone
You are correct. It is the correct way to argue that your preferred vehicle is better. If the Porsche Turbo ends up being slower, we will not discuss 0-60 times etc...We will focus on the fact that it is a better overall package, albeit more expensive.
You and other Corvette lovers have taken this same approach of presenting your side of this debate by never posting pictures of the incredibly ugly and cheap looking rear end on the C7.
More expensive? quite an understatement huh? How about 2.5X+ more expensive. Better overall package? to whom and what exactly constitutes a better "overall package"? The fact is --- a regular 991S (let alone a 991 Turbo) costs $120K with any options at all which is nearly 2X the cost of C7 Vette. Sorry man, I don't see a $50-60K better car in the 991S. Never in a million years am I paying $120K+ for a run of the mill 911. I have owned three 911's in the past including a 997 Turbo so I am no Corvette nutswinger.

Ugly to whom? you. Ugly to others? perhaps some and not so to others. Psssst, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You can like your 911 and others can like their Corvettes. Then there are those of us that aren't badge ****** or snobs and just like cool cars for what they are.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Last edited by Hothonda; 11-27-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:06 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amerlemans
More expensive? quite an understatement huh? How about 2.5X+ more expensive. Better overall package? to whom and what exactly constitutes a better "overall package"? The fact is --- a regular 991S (let alone a 991 Turbo) costs $120K with any options at all which is nearly 2X the cost of C7 Vette. Sorry man, I don't see a $50-60K better car in the 991S. Never in a million years am I paying $120K+ for a run of the mill 911. I have owned three 911's in the past including a 997 Turbo so I am no Corvette nutswinger.

Ugly to whom? you. Ugly to others? perhaps some and not so to others. Psssst, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You can like your 911 and others can like their Corvettes. Then there are those of us that aren't badge ****** or snobs and just like cool cars for what they are.
Your response is exactly why I love this thread. It brings out more emotion than sense. It is clear that I touched a nerve by commenting on the fact that the rear of the C7 is ugly. Psst...beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I made my opinion known. I actually really like the Vette except for the rear...
However, it certainly does not warrant calling those who prefer the Porsche badge ******. There is no right or wrong about the discussion, just opinion. However, if you are going to attack the value factor ( a great approach for those who prefer the Vette) unless the Z06 will retail for $74K, your math and comment that the Porsche models are 2.5x as expensive is a little off.
You have made a conscious decision that the Corvette is your choice. The 911 is mine and I am willing to spend the difference. The components of my "value" decision are probably different from yours and that is ok. Don't attack those who prefer their P-cars. Enjoy your vette and great pics (really) and thanks for not showing the rear....
Old 11-27-2013, 08:47 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911sanantone
Your response is exactly why I love this thread. It brings out more emotion than sense. It is clear that I touched a nerve by commenting on the fact that the rear of the C7 is ugly. Psst...beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I made my opinion known. I actually really like the Vette except for the rear...
However, it certainly does not warrant calling those who prefer the Porsche badge ******. There is no right or wrong about the discussion, just opinion. However, if you are going to attack the value factor ( a great approach for those who prefer the Vette) unless the Z06 will retail for $74K, your math and comment that the Porsche models are 2.5x as expensive is a little off.
You have made a conscious decision that the Corvette is your choice. The 911 is mine and I am willing to spend the difference. The components of my "value" decision are probably different from yours and that is ok. Don't attack those who prefer their P-cars. Enjoy your vette and great pics (really) and thanks for not showing the rear....
My bad. I was using the cost of the 991 TurboS at 2.5X the cost of a C7. We do not know what the C7 Z06 will cost. My guess is $80K. In any event it will be a boat load less than a 991 Turbo.

At the end of the day, if you are happy spending the extra on the Porsche then that is all that matters. Don't have to rationalize it with anybody else.

I am not attacking those that prefer Porsches. I like them as well as I have mentioned already and proven by my ownership of such. My comment was directed at those that make the dumb *** comments like "gold chain", "old man car" "it's just a Chevy" and "its not a Porsche"

For the record, I am not a fan of the lower portion of the rear bumper on the C7 and if I get one will most likely paint it the same color as the car. I do not mind the taillights at all as they flow well with the design of the car.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Why can't those C7 lovers just leave us in peace in our forum, and confine themselves to their own forums ?
I don't come to your C7 forum calling you a poor bastard with lack of taste, do I ?
Old 11-27-2013, 08:57 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

I am American, so I've seen the average American at work many times. I've seen many American companies at work as well.

From owning a crappy Mustang back in the 80s to more recently reading the papers during the GM/Chrysler bankruptcies, I've also have seen how the American auto industry makes things and has treated it's customers over the past 30 or so years.

From all that I've learned and experienced from the American auto industry, I could never have any faith in any American auto product.

The C7 might be the best they can do. But they've been making the best they can do for a long time, and it was just never as good as the Europeans in the long run.

Performance numbers are one thing. Making a quality product that lasts for several years without breaking down or falling apart is quite another.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bccars
Why can't those C7 lovers just leave us in peace in our forum, and confine themselves to their own forums ?
I don't come to your C7 forum calling you a poor bastard with lack of taste, do I ?
You don't have to..... there are plenty over there already. Just venture on over and observe for yourself if you don't believe me. Just do a search for the names "Guibo" and "Notch". They are the resident Porsche nutswingers over there.

Us poor peasants that like Corvettes are sorry to have bothered you rich Pagani (I mean Porsche) guys for posting in a thread about a C7 that was started by a Porsche owner.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool, please post pictures of your Porsches .
Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

don't be so lazy and click on my name and see my for sale threads of the cars that I have listed for sale on here.

Quick Reply: Saw my first C7 today