Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw my first C7 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesnt the front half of the 911 and coxster share a lot of parts?
Old 11-12-2013, 01:44 AM
adamsclubs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
Yes yes yes p is owned by vdub. Who cares. Get over it. If it makes you feel better, so is Bugatti .
Have you read anywhere Bugatti is referred to as "the Volkswagen brand"?

"Owned by VW" is not the same as "the Volkswagen brand".
Old 11-12-2013, 07:29 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
Yes yes yes p is owned by vdub. Who cares. Get over it. If it makes you feel better, so is Bugatti .
Indeed, Volkswagen AG owns Porsche AG ... BUT ... have you seen the complete holding structure ?

Guess who is a majority shareholder at Volkswagen.

Porsche Automobil Holding SE, which after the exit of Qatar State Fund is now again under full control (50% of the shares, but 100% of voting rights) of the Porsche-Piech family :-)
Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove the C7 at a Corvette Precision event and Palm Beach International speedway. The 7 speed was a blast and the car was absolutely gorgeous. Fit and finish was euro-like, all leather and alcantera, heads up display, rev matching. It's definitely a competitor to Porsche at 60% of the cost.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
After "almost completely talentless" and "relentless quest to be taken seriously" and "not the most sophisticated handling car in the world" he gets to the heart of the matter with "already I've converted most of the rear tires to smoke."

But my favorite: "As something to live with every day I would rather have bird flu!"
Interesting that when Top Gear has something negative to say about the 911, everyone says that the show is just for entertainment and can't be taken seriously. Then when they say something negative about the Corvette, their comments are considered to be spot on. Funny how that works.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 AM
FullThrottle64
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
Fit and finish was euro-like,
Seriously? I've seen a few of these, and I have yet to see one where the rear bumper lines up properly with the quarter panels. The interior looks better than the older 'Vettes, sure, but the body gap alignments and general fit I have seen isn't so great.

It's definitely a competitor to Porsche at 60% of the cost.
From a pure mechanical performance standpoint, maybe. There are a LOT of tradeoffs, though. Honestly, I didn't get past the seating before I decided to go with a used C2S instead of a new Z51. The Z51 feels like a really fast rental car, while the C2S feels like a street-legal race car - big difference.

The Z51 is a lot of go-fast for the $$$, but I can't see it as a serious competitor to the 911, any more than I can see the Cadillac CTS-V as a competitor to a Bentley.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This guy clearly has an axe to grind but entertaining reading. If half of it is correct ... yikes.

http://corvettec7fiasco.blogspot.com/
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FullThrottle64

The Z51 feels like a really fast rental car, while the C2S feels like a street-legal race car - big difference.
What kind of cars do you rent?
Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 PM
BED997
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow, I'm pretty sure he does not have a C7 on order. Former employee with axe to grind?

He doesn't like 911s either, and is not smart enough to spell Adolf.

"Disclaimer: I have never been a Porsche 911 admirer, it is like an acquired taste which I lack, still technically flawed with that rear engine and still too much of Adol H's times design origin. Nevertheless, even though typically, one cannot polish a turd, this one continues to get better with time, unlike Corvette."

This guy clearly has an axe to grind but entertaining reading. If half of it is correct ... yikes.

http://corvettec7fiasco.blogspot.com/
Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Interesting that when Top Gear has something negative to say about the 911, everyone says that the show is just for entertainment and can't be taken seriously. Then when they say something negative about the Corvette, their comments are considered to be spot on. Funny how that works.
Hey I said it was my FAVORITE comment! That it happens to be spot-on is I'm sure coincidental.

Bear in mind this is the guy who tried to destroy a 911 by dropping a piano on it, sideswiping armco and crashing into a brick wall. After all that it was still driveable and even Clarkson had to grudgingly admit its a darn solid car.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Hey I said it was my FAVORITE comment! That it happens to be spot-on is I'm sure coincidental.

Bear in mind this is the guy who tried to destroy a 911 by dropping a piano on it, sideswiping armco and crashing into a brick wall. After all that it was still driveable and even Clarkson had to grudgingly admit its a darn solid car.

Exactly.

Jeremy hates 911's.

Why are we ever discussing Corvette's at all on this site? lol.

I'm driving my Impala today but seeing another Corvette thread over here is like looking into the sun with your eyes open.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:35 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I drove the C7 at a Corvette Precision event and Palm Beach International speedway. The 7 speed was a blast and the car was absolutely gorgeous. Fit and finish was euro-like, all leather and alcantera, heads up display, rev matching. It's definitely a competitor to Porsche at 60% of the cost.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ns-thread.html
Old 11-12-2013, 06:20 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Exactly.

Jeremy hates 911's.

Why are we ever discussing Corvette's at all on this site? lol.

I'm driving my Impala today but seeing another Corvette thread over here is like looking into the sun with your eyes open.
Wait- "discussing Corvette's"? I thought it was disgusting Corvette's?

Granted this could be one of those 'distinction without a difference' moments...

Last edited by chuck911; 11-12-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: because its there
Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 312 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...
Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...I will never complain ...

Ha ha!

Holy crap.

Grade school flashback. I still hate chalk.

Quick Reply: Saw my first C7 today