Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of New Dual Tone 'Espresso/Cognac' Leather Interior!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 03:14 PM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sales person even didn't know if those stitching came deviated by default. I made my Self very clear I wanted them that way and also the ones on the extended leather in the dashboard. I wasn't charge for it at the end.
The only stitching didn't come included in the espresso leather was the one on the steering wheel, I thought it was a lot of money for it, but now I'm getting a bit of regrets since that piece is the only one you have in front of your eyes all the time...
Old 12-31-2013, 03:20 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dr bit
The sales person even didn't know if those stitching came deviated by default. I made my Self very clear I wanted them that way and also the ones on the extended leather in the dashboard. I wasn't charge for it at the end.
The only stitching didn't come included in the espresso leather was the one on the steering wheel, I thought it was a lot of money for it, but now I'm getting a bit of regrets since that piece is the only one you have in front of your eyes all the time...

Yeah, deviated stitching in the wheel is both expensive and nice. I love the 3 M colors that BMW puts in their steering wheel. It's very cool.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:15 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

I have same interior ordered as dr. bit but I have a 7MT C4S cab and PAG simply refuse to add the deviating stitching to the heated MF steering wheel unless I had a PDK car, so surprised they would not allow - so odd! I have deviating stitch added everywhere else in the vehicle (like dr. bit) that has espresso leather and even added it to the shift boot. Given they refused this, I have decided to save the $ and go full espresso instead of two-tone. PAG just simply reply they will not produce a MF steering wheel with deviating stitching on my 7MT car, even if it does not match. I cannot accept having every single area of espresso leather with deviating stitching except the steering wheel right in front of my eyes....aaaarrrgghh!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:51 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I have same interior ordered as dr. bit but I have a 7MT C4S cab and PAG simply refuse to add the deviating stitching to the heated MF steering wheel unless I had a PDK car, so surprised they would not allow - so odd! I have deviating stitch added everywhere else in the vehicle (like dr. bit) that has espresso leather and even added it to the shift boot. Given they refused this, I have decided to save the $ and go full espresso instead of two-tone. PAG just simply reply they will not produce a MF steering wheel with deviating stitching on my 7MT car, even if it does not match. I cannot accept having every single area of espresso leather with deviating stitching except the steering wheel right in front of my eyes....aaaarrrgghh!
That's ridiculous. One way or another they're stitching the damn wheel. Change the thread (unless they are all pre-made and will not do one-offs??) I think canning the idea is the best route. Pretty frustrating.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I have same interior ordered as dr. bit but I have a 7MT C4S cab and PAG simply refuse to add the deviating stitching to the heated MF steering wheel unless I had a PDK car
Yes, that note appears on our PCNA configurator too (see attached 1 &2). For some reason (e.g. lack of demand?), 'Porsche Exclusive' has not worked out a deviating stitching program for the subcontractors that are supplying the 'Multi-Function' (and perhaps any other) manual steering wheels to PAG. In the new world of subcontractors and 'just-in-time' production, coordinating all of these special 'Porsche Exclusive' options is becoming increasingly difficult and often problematic. But that is the a problem afflicting the majority of the German, indeed the world's, automotive manufacturers!

When I tried to do the standard manual steering wheel with deviating stitching, the configurator did not allowed it. Instead, it directed me to either the 'Sport Design' or 'Multi-Function' (attachment 3). When I chose 'Sport Design', it allowed me to order it with deviating stitching on a manual in our configurator. (attachment 4). But this is probable incorrect information on the Configurator. When you use the PCNA computer system of ordering at the dealerships, it probably doesn't allow you to order any steering wheel on a manual car with deviating stitching (as per your post).

I (had) deviating stitch added everywhere else in the vehicle (like dr. bit) that has espresso leather and even added it to the shift boot.
That would have been a great detail. Can you please tell us what option codes you & your dealer was using to get deviating stitching on your manual gear leather boot? That would be helpful knowledge to all of us. Thanks in advance.

Given they refused this, I have decided to save the $ and go full espresso instead of two-tone.
So you are giving up on all deviating stitching on your 991 interior, whether it's Dual Tone Espresso/Cognac or full Espresso? Sorry to hear that. But your 'Birch Green' 991 will be just wonderful! (last attachment /photo I took during my 'Porsche Exclusive' tour in Zuffenhausen in April of 2013). Congratulations.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images      
Old 01-02-2014, 11:48 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Eduardo.

CTX - Customization package gear lever, Espresso leather and Cognac stitching. Goes well with CLU but only on SD wheel and not the MF wheel.

Cheers,
Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

great looking interior.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Is the natural leather any less durable then the standard leather colors?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Is the natural leather any less durable then the standard leather colors?
No
Old 02-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
No
Thanks for the info. I was originally going with espresso but the two tone will be refreshing. Planning to keep the car about 3-4 years as a daily driver so I need it to be durable.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z356
No
Eduardo - unrelated here, but thanks again for answering all my PTS/LTS questions... Thanks for making these threads!
Old 02-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Eduardo - unrelated here, but thanks again for answering all my PTS/LTS questions... Thanks for making these threads!
Glad to be of small assistance!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 02-24-2014, 02:32 AM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Finally here are some photos guys
Attached Images                
Old 02-24-2014, 02:35 AM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

One more
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks awesome. I so wish I would have know about the steering column and dash when I ordered mine. You have a great ride. Thanks for the pics

Quick Reply: Photos of New Dual Tone 'Espresso/Cognac' Leather Interior!