Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:52 PM
beebalm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Beebalm has sent me a nice PM asking me to expand on my answer. Since I need to attached photos to make my point, I decided to give the answer here at her thread. ...
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you so much! You are a fountain of information and I am very grateful you are willing to share your knowledge!

Thanks again and have a great day!
BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 04-15-2014, 07:57 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

I want to thank everyone who read and who responded to my wheel washing post. Thank you to those who teach me something. I appreciate that.

Well, today is a different day and it is POURING outside. I mean it is raining so hard that I’m just glad it’s not cold because we would be buried in snow. So I checked on my wheels between the thunderstorms and was amazed at what I saw.

This is a picture deep into a front wheel taken with a macro lens and ring flash. It’s dark in there and the aperture was large, so whatever is in focus isn’t very much. There is a thin ribbon in the center in focus.

The wheels really aren’t one solid silver color but have different specs of shades of grey. But, the cool part is the perfect tiny spheres of rainwater. Who knew rainwater would bead up inside a wheel?

This second picture is the exact same picture but cropped tightly. I normally read the web and look at pictures on a retina display iPad. With that I can quickly pull and expand a picture (sort of like looking at a 100% crop). So I cropped tightly in this picture so you all could sort of see what I could see.

This third picture is of a rear wheel. You can see the curvature is different. If you are looking at this with a retina display iPad, then just pull it to zoom in deeper. How cool are those tiny spheres?

Too bad when I go out tomorrow after the rain, they will all be dirty again.

One other thing I wanted to talk about is the body and paint. There is no way I want to discuss waxes, sealants, and a process to make a car shiny. That falls into hubby’s domain and I know there is a ton of opinions and tons of products. I just wanted to show one thing.

My baby’s two month anniversary is coming up in a few days. When we bought the car we had the entire front end of the car done in Xpel Ultimate. Since the weather was good last weekend, after washing the car he applied Xpel PPF sealant. Since that was done, the protected areas feel very slick. So here are two pictures, also taken between thunderstorms today, of the area covered in Xpel and treated with their sealant.

Thank you for visiting me

It is so nice to have a great bunch of people on this forum who understand the love of a Porsche so we all can share our stories and photos together

BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 04-16-2014, 04:58 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

The rain yesterday lasted all day and all night. Then the temperatures dropped and ended in SNOW!!!

REALLY? In the middle of April it’s snowing?

Have a great day everyone!
BeeBalm

Old 04-17-2014, 07:14 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Different color for different section of the car?...Where did you get the purple one?
Hi THPorsche,
Yes its so nice they have different colors!
I sent a PM to you. I got them at Auto Geek.
Have a great day.
BeeBalm

Old 04-17-2014, 07:17 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by jlanka
beebalm, I didn't realize you were a woman.
Hi jlanka,

Surprise Surprise

Have a great day.
BeeBalm

Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by BradB
That's a pretty cool charm. Spectacular that you kept it all this time.
Hi BradB,
That is so kind of you It's very special it me!
Thank you for dropping by!
BeeBalm

Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by eg991
Beebalm, my new lug set (with the type of key you show above) is at the dealer and ready for me, but my replacement "high security" key is still in transit from Germany. The dealer assures me they put it on a plane, not on a boat!! A benefit of the standard lug key is that the dealers' master keys will work and permit you to remove the lug. Unlike with the special "high security" key which is so secure, there is no master. The key's are supposedly individual, one-off keys. Porsche should have warned us that the keys are even more "high security" as they are prone to breaking and the locking lugs are impossible to remove without a functional key! :-)

Hi eg991,
I hope you got it all resolved!
Have a great day.
BeeBalm

Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by BradB
My Certificate is framed on my garage wall with other Porsche art.
Hi BradB,
That was so nice of you to show me your very nice garage. Bet all your Porsche Art is very special to you! Your car is very nice too!
Have a nice day.
BeeBalm

Old 04-18-2014, 05:43 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by chuck911
I just love the way the running lights, instead of being a row of LED dots, trace out a smooth almost neon-looking line. It is rare indeed for a car to have a feature that both stands out so distinctively, and yet blends in with the nature of the car so well. Michael Mauer, the man is a genius.
Hi chuck911,
Yes he is
Thanks for visiting my thread
BeeBalm

Old 04-18-2014, 05:44 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by eg991
Agreed, I love the way the running lights look. The optional LED headlights (which I don't have) also have an awesome DRL feature.
eg991,
Thank you
BeeBalm

Old 04-18-2014, 05:49 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

Tomorrow is my baby’s two month anniversary. For six weeks of that time, the weather has not cooperated. Even the other day it snowed and it has been below freezing at night lately. This is getting old. But Spring has arrived.

Today, on the eve of her anniversary, I decided to look for an area to take some pictures with spring flowers or flowering dogwoods. When I found some, the sides of the road were filled with litter! What has happened? Why are people feeling free to trash the sides of the road?

In any case, I love this car. I love:

the way it looks;
the design and style;
the way it feels;
the way all the windows come together being able to see all around you;
the glass sunroof (I think it is the best of both worlds because you have a full back
window to look through backing out but also it feels like you are in a convertible).
the way it sounds; and
when I sit in it, I feel I am at home.

I feel blessed to own it and to be part of this community.

And I am glad that Porsche has taken care of Nick Murray.

Today’s pictures follow. I know I got a bit carried away. But it was fun. And oh yeah, the rotors cleaned up real nice

Thanks for coming for a drive with me as I photographed my baby as she turns two months old boy do they grow up fast!

BeeBalm

Old 04-18-2014, 06:28 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Beebalm, your car looks almost perfect. Replace those orange side markers for clear and voila.....perfection.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by petee1997
Beebalm, your car looks almost perfect. Replace those orange side markers for clear and voila.....perfection.
Hello petee1997,

Which clear side markers do you suggest? I know about the Suncoast clear LED markers. http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...xterior_Lights and bumperplug ones. I don’t want regular bulbs as that would seem to be a step backwards. I do want DOT compliant amber lights.

I searched around but see no other LED ones. Are there any other ones I should be aware of?

Thank you so much for your very kind words about my baby

BeeBalm

Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

great pictures but unfortunately all the EXIF info is ripped out
Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Suncoast offers both side marker lights, clear LED with orange lighting or the clear lens with regular orange bulb.

I have never heard of anyone complaining of not being compliant with DOT since they show orange light when turned on.

Quick Reply: Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.