Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one who went with a minimalistic options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Zohan
must be my X5 that slowing me down
I thought everyone packed 1911's in their 911's.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 PM
ruhlich
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Well if we are going to say "to each their own" then I don't see anything wrong with the thread. It would be the same if a whale came in and said hey, I have $45k in options in my C4S. I'd be like, "Damn" and I'd rather have a GT3 but this is what makes us human. We all love different things.

For the OP I have

C2S
PDK
Sport Chrono
PSE
4 way seats
Base stereo
sunroof in glass
parking sensor
smoking package

I was thinking of ordering a car which is best especially if you know exactly what you want but life has thrown me quite a few curves over the last year and I wanted to enjoy a 991 before it's too late.

So I shopped enough dealers to justify needing morphine to make the headaches go away and found something as close to what I would have ordered. I would have done without the sunroof for sure if I had a choice but the car was stripped just the way I wanted otherwise. It was new and with 12 miles on it and all the plastic. Hadn't even been driven.

I have McIntosh tubes, Dual and some Tascam reel to reel at home so when I want to listen to music I head home.

Enjoy that new 991 ! Congrats!
Marcus:

I have McIntosh tubes at home as well, but my reel- to-reel is Tandburg. What is Tascam?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:30 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Hurry, only 199 left after this.

Originally Posted by jlanka
So this is more like what you should be looking for?

Old 03-11-2014, 10:54 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm with the OP. My ordered car does have premium packages, but I had to get those to get the full leather interior. That was more important to me than PSE, a sunroof or SC. The only other options I would have gotten (had I ordered a base car) would be PASM and the S wheels.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

I have to agree with that less is more. I had a benz cls 55. Massage seats etc. It was stupid. As for 991 S. Is it truly worth the sport chrono? Does it really make a difference. I know 0-60 is like .2 quicker. But how often will u use launch control.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were to get a GT3 it would be very minimal. Each config comes out at barely $145K or less.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

I got a 2014 base 911 but the color combo makes it look a bit more over the top than one would expect. I have speed yellow contrasted with the 20" black rims and black sunroof. It looks great. I have full leathered brown interior with yellow accents such as seat-belts and gauges. 7 speed manual. It's great.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:32 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ruhlich
Marcus:

I have McIntosh tubes at home as well, but my reel- to-reel is Tandburg. What is Tascam?

Sorry so late to respond. Tascam reel to reel. Mostly studio 8 track reel to reel stuff but back in the 90's I added a lot of classical to my reels so I can listen for extended periods of time and still get that warm analog sound.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:50 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it is a nce setup but i guess 007 used up the budget for a Aston Martin
do you keep your PPK in glove box?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

That the new for 2015 Shooting Package?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Zohan
Racer

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o729/acroporaddict/CIMG5543_zpsf899ca4.jpg
my add on smokin package circa 1984/91 and 2012

Old 04-15-2014, 12:06 AM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I had a low option 991 on order. In fact I thought my future 991 was so lightly optioned that the dealer wouldn't be able to sell it to anyone else if I changed my mind. I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, here are my options:

1) PDK
2) SportDesign Steering Wheel
3) 20" Carrera Wheels
4) Colour Wheel Crests
5) Heated Seats

That's it. 5 options.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:19 AM
991TurboS
Racer

Originally Posted by chuck911
That the new for 2015 Shooting Package?
The holster clips into the passenger seat belt clip receptacle. May not be legal in all states. Legal in mine.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Zohan
Racer

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
The holster clips into the passenger seat belt clip receptacle. May not be legal in all states. Legal in mine.
What state is it?
U need CCWP?
It can be in a open the way it is in your pic?
We need CCWP just to have it in loaded a glove box and it gotta be concealed at all times
Old 04-15-2014, 01:55 PM
991TurboS
Racer

What state is it?
U need CCWP?
It can be in a open the way it is in your pic?
We need CCWP just to have it in loaded a glove box and it gotta be concealed at all times
State is Georgia. You don't need a CCWP to display it as such in your vehicle per current GA gun law, of course, provided you are not legally disqualified from owning a gun in the first place, like being a convicted felon, etc. Thank the stars we don't have gun laws like they do in Maryland. I do, however, have a conceal carry permit.

I tried to link directly to the LexisNexis entry for current GA firearms code, but you only get to the LexisNexis portal for all for Georgia Law, not just firearm open carry and vehicle carry. Sorry for the long quote. This is through 2013. Current GA Firearms Code, taken from the Georgia Government Website through LexisXexis:

>
§ 16-11-126. Having or carrying handguns, long guns, or other weapons; license requirement; exceptions for homes, motor vehicles, and other locations and conditions; penalties for violations

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.

(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.

(c) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded.

(d) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun who is eligible for a weapons carry license may transport a handgun or long gun in any private passenger motor vehicle; provided, however, that private property owners or persons in legal control of property through a lease, rental agreement, licensing agreement, contract, or any other agreement to control access to such property shall have the right to forbid possession of a weapon or long gun on their property, except as provided in Code Section 16-11-135.

(e) Any person licensed to carry a handgun or weapon in any other state whose laws recognize and give effect to a license issued pursuant to this part shall be authorized to carry a weapon in this state, but only while the licensee is not a resident of this state; provided, however, that such licensee shall carry the weapon in compliance with the laws of this state.

(f) Any person with a valid hunting or fishing license on his or her person, or any person not required by law to have a hunting or fishing license, who is engaged in legal hunting, fishing, or sport shooting when the person has the permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted may have or carry on his or her person a handgun or long gun without a valid weapons carry license while hunting, fishing, or engaging in sport shooting.

(g) Notwithstanding Code Sections 12-3-10, 27-3-1.1, 27-3-6, and 16-12-122 through 16-12-127, any person with a valid weapons carry license may carry a weapon in all parks, historic sites, or recreational areas, as such term is defined in Code Section 12-3-10, including all publicly owned buildings located in such parks, historic sites, and recreational areas, in wildlife management areas, and on public transportation; provided, however, that a person shall not carry a handgun into a place where it is prohibited by federal law.

(h) (1) No person shall carry a weapon without a valid weapons carry license unless he or she meets one of the exceptions to having such license as provided in subsections (a) through (g) of this Code section.

(2) A person commits the offense of carrying a weapon without a license when he or she violates the provisions of paragraph (1) of this subsection.

(i) Upon conviction of the offense of carrying a weapon without a valid weapons carry license, a person shall be punished as follows:

(1) For the first offense, he or she shall be guilty of a misdemeanor; and

(2) For the second offense within five years, as measured from the dates of previous arrests for which convictions were obtained to the date of the current arrest for which a conviction is obtained, and for any subsequent offense, he or she shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned for not less than two years and not more than five years.
>

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who went with a minimalistic options?