Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 02:41 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nmurray22
Thanks for your kind comment. I really have tried to be patient because you know **** happens and life is too short to be upset with people, the dealer is doing their best.
you have been too patient ...
Old 03-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Nick, best of luck to you. We have enjoyed your videos and I hope your issues are resolved to your satisfaction...even if via the 'Lemon Law' in CT!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, you really have been way too patient already. I would've gone mad. There's steam coming out of my ears, just watching your video.
Porsche should replace your car, period.

If it was me, I would also send an email and a link to this video to Porsche in Germany, because I really wonder if they know all about these things when they happen outside Europe.
More and more I get the idea that Porsche Cars North America is often a problem with these cases by ignoring the problems or being arrogant. The fact that this happens to you, means it can also happen to other people.

I could be wrong with that conclusion, but if I'm honest, I hardly ever read these kind of stories on German or other local European forums for example. Sure, there are people that have problems with their cars, but I rarely read that problems aren't solved to satisfaction of the owners by the dealership or Porsche themselves.

You've made wonderful and helpful videos about the car, which are true commercials for the brand IMHO. The least thing they should do is to be sure that you are a satisfied customer!

I wish you good luck and keep us informed.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-16-2014, 04:29 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

1. Escalate to the dealership GM
2. If 1. doesn't help, call PCNA
3. If 2. doesn't work, contact Porsche AG
4. If 3. doesn't work, find a good lemon law attorney and initiate the process.

Your video tells a great story. It'd be dumb of them and totally insensitive to their customers if they don't get this message.

Best of luck!
Old 03-16-2014, 04:33 PM
RMA4
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick, Try this; send your video to Mr. Jason Nelson. Manager of Customer Commitment PCNA
jason.nelson@porsche.us
Old 03-16-2014, 05:04 PM
blinsc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Nick, first off, thanks for the videos you've been posting. You've done a great job of informing people about the vehicle (both the good and bad things) from the real world perspective of an owner, unlike a journalist that has the car for two days and only cares about its 0-60 time.

I really do hope this situation is resolved for you appropriately. You've probably put up with the car longer than most would have, but it's clear from the videos how much you enjoy(ed) the car, so it's understandable. Like the others, I will definitely continue to follow this and your YouTube channel.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Porsche should buy the car back, replacing it with whatever (comparable) you choose. Then they should return the car to Germany and take it apart to find the rotten banana peel some disgruntled worker stuffed into the wiring harness.
A nice gesture at this point would be to fly you to the factory gratis to pick up your new car.
Good luck. I don't think I could remain so calm about it.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Porsche should buy the car back, replacing it with whatever (comparable) you choose. Then they should return the car to Germany and take it apart to find the rotten banana peel some disgruntled worker stuffed into the wiring harness. A nice gesture at this point would be to fly you to the factory gratis to pick up your new car. Good luck. I don't think I could remain so calm about it.
+1000! Agreed!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:06 PM
enduro963
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, congrats on the video! Well donde sir!! I, like @Keadog, think your Carrera should be returned to Stuttgart asap. What they do with it is up to them, but you should get a new car! I hope your video and this thread helps our Deutsch friends get off their butts and solve this!!

Btw, loved the fire extinguisher, hahahahaha!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:34 PM
robsc2s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've enjoyed your informative infomercials on the 991. It's bloody awful what's going on with your car. Porsche seriously needs to man up on this issue and make it right.
Do you think the fire extinguisher is the way to go? Personally, I would consider carrying around an excellerant.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:45 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Nick, best of luck to you. We have enjoyed your videos and I hope your issues are resolved to your satisfaction...even if via the 'Lemon Law' in CT!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thanks Eduardo, I will let you know how I get on! Nick
Old 03-16-2014, 06:48 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Nick, sorry for you predicament. I agree with most others that you have been too patient for your own good. Time to put some fire under PCNA's a**. Co-opt your dealer to lobby your case before PCNA and PAG. To their credit, the PCNA person did ask you how you would like this resolved and you were vague about your demands. At this point, you should demand for a full reversal of this transaction and a 15% off msrp allowance on buying/ordering a new S as compensation for your hassle/time/trouble and loss of use. If this fails, use the Lemon Law as your last resort.

This car is associated with too much frustration and trouble for you to ever be able to enjoy it again.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:49 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Nick, you really have been way too patient already. I would've gone mad. There's steam coming out of my ears, just watching your video.
Porsche should replace your car, period.

If it was me, I would also send an email and a link to this video to Porsche in Germany, because I really wonder if they know all about these things when they happen outside Europe.
More and more I get the idea that Porsche Cars North America is often a problem with these cases by ignoring the problems or being arrogant. The fact that this happens to you, means it can also happen to other people.

I could be wrong with that conclusion, but if I'm honest, I hardly ever read these kind of stories on German or other local European forums for example. Sure, there are people that have problems with their cars, but I rarely read that problems aren't solved to satisfaction of the owners by the dealership or Porsche themselves.

You've made wonderful and helpful videos about the car, which are true commercials for the brand IMHO. The least thing they should do is to be sure that you are a satisfied customer!

I wish you good luck and keep us informed.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Hi Suzy, yes I try hard promote the brand and answer many question from buyers so I am surprised Porsche NA have been so hands off with these issues. Hopefully that will change, someone will have to notice at some point. Thanks for your kind comment as always. Nick
Old 03-16-2014, 06:52 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
Nick, sorry for you predicament. I agree with most others that you have been too patient for your own good. Time to put some fire under PCNA's a**. Co-op your dealer to lobby your case before PCNA and PAG. To their credit, the PCNA person did ask you how you would like this resolved and you were vague about your demands. At this point, you should demand for a full reversal of this transaction and a 15% off msrp allowance on buying/ordering a new S as compensation for your hassle/time/trouble and loss of use. If this fails, use the Lemon Law as your last resort.

This car is associated with too much frustration and trouble for you to ever be able to enjoy it again.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Good advice. I will give them direct demands from this point. Nick
Old 03-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is made by a man it will brake down. I always enjoy your videos from what I remember your car is one of the most highly optioned 991s out there. I am suspecting there is some kind of computer code component incompatibility problem. And once your dealer started monkeying around with it who knows what else went wrong.
Simplicity => consistency and reliability

You got a lemon on your hand and Its time tome make lemonade ( per above recipe)

ps any trouts on a next car? Will you stay with a Porsche or Perhaps Acura NSX?

Last edited by Zohan; 03-16-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling