Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nick, I am sure this is unrelated but did you hardwire a radar detector in your car or make any other modifications?
Old 03-16-2014, 08:04 PM
wanderfalke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the problems is what to do with your current car when yours is replaced. A educational factory examine is in order . Best of luck and I look forward to the post where you are driving a proper porsche and wondering if you keep it 20 years like some of my friends older air cooled models.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
Nick, I am sure this is unrelated but did you hardwire a radar detector in your car or make any other modifications?
Yes the dealer install my radar and dash cam before delivery. I have had them disconnected just in case they are causing the issues.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:11 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zohan
If it is made by a man it will brake down. I always enjoy your videos from what I remember your car is one of the most highly optioned 991s out there. I am suspecting there is some kind of computer code component incompatibility problem. And once your dealer started monkeying around with it who knows what else went wrong.
Simplicity => consistency and reliability

You got a lemon on your hand and Its time tome make lemonade ( per above recipe)

ps any trouts on a next car? Will you stay with a Porsche or Perhaps Acura NSX?
This is what technicians are starting to think as well. Some option is just not playing well with some other options.

Good point
Old 03-16-2014, 08:16 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Sounds like some kind of electrical short. That would explain the battery drain. It could also explain why going over a bump triggers warnings/codes. The connections our wires get jostled and short out.

Nick, I sent you a pm. If you have been dealing with the dealership I mentioned in my message, you should consider taking your car elsewhere.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:45 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by aualexa2
Sounds like some kind of electrical short. That would explain the battery drain. It could also explain why going over a bump triggers warnings/codes. The connections our wires get jostled and short out.

Nick, I sent you a pm. If you have been dealing with the dealership I mentioned in my message, you should consider taking your car elsewhere.
Yes it is that dealership. I will PM you.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:58 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Nick, first I have to say that I love your furry "co-pilot"!
Even he seemed a little scared when the dash shut off!

I almost feel like porsche should be apologizing as we speak. Your dealership is very much to blame too.
THEY should be calling porsche on your behalf.
Unless they don't want porsche to see what they did to the vehicle..... Obviously, this vehicle is a lemon at this point. You should expect more from a $140K car. That is more that some houses cost!

Please keep us informed on porsche's response. I would be glad to add my voice by sending them an email or letter in support of your cause. I imagine many more on this board would do so as well!

Good luck to you and hope this is made right very soon!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Nick,

Pm sent back. Please try another dealership's service department! The service that's been done at that dealership is what is causing all the problems.

I'm not gonna throw out the dealerships name as it I don't want to cause any issues to come up for the OP if he continues to work with them, but if anyone is ever looking to get their car serviced in Connecticut, shoot me a PM before you go anywhere and I'll tell you which dealership to avoid!!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:25 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow man, I hope you get the issues resolved. And I hope for all our sakes that PNCA does the right thing. They need to take care of you. These cars are a small community and as iconic as they are, the competition is fierce. What they do to one 991 owner, they do to all of us as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't take this the wrong way ... but ..... you are being far to nice IMHO. A fantastic attribute btw but I think it will hinder you getting a good result in a reasonable time frame.

Porsche will act completely differently to you if you are the loud, angry, dissatisfied customer.

You also need to tell them what you want. Aim high. They asked you what you want and you asked them back "what will you offer me"? That will translate to "What does he want?, well he didn't say".

Tell them "I want a brand new car, same colour same spec or I want my money back and if you don't do this now I will (insert 'loud, angry, dissatisfied customer' rant here)

Also, the reason your dealer is so nice to you is they get paid by Porsche for every visit and every hour they spend on your car. Your problems improve their bottom line.

Your issues could very well be incompetent work by the dealer. Don't rule this out just because they are nice to you.

I have had 2 lemon new vehicles and neither were not sorted until the yelling and threats got the attention up the chain.

Just my 2 cents worth .... best of luck mate!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nmurray22
Yes the dealer install my radar and dash cam before delivery. I have had them disconnected just in case they are causing the issues.
Nick, as many others have already stated, you have been patient in the extreme. We are all feeling your pain!
The fact that the dealership hasn't really gone to bat for you with PCNA, and that they installed the RD and dash cam, make it extremely suspicious they may be the ones to have fouled things up; simply disconnecting the devices will not solve the problem(s). I think you need to be on them like a ton of bricks!

Good luck in your struggle, and thanks for keeping us all posted.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Nick, you must really miss your M3 by this point! I hope all works out for you ... and soon. As another poster said, you must have the patience of a saint.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Remarkably compelling video. Hard to believe any self-respecting Porsche executive viewing it wouldn't be embarrassed for their company. And if that's not the case, then bring it before the lemon-law arbitrators in your state. Seems that this is the textbook example for why such laws were instituted.

Spyder
Old 03-16-2014, 11:51 PM
wanderfalke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick how many days has your 911 spent sitting in the service area of your dealership? Please insist on a new car, that is not a unreasonable request. Every one of us are placing ourselves in your shoes.Every day that goes by is another day that you are not enjoying a remarkable auto. I do not know porsches inner workings but there is a probably a east coast regional manager of customer relations that you should be talking to .
Old 03-16-2014, 11:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,785 Likes on 4,775 Posts

Nick,

I really don't know how you are not utterly furious. I'm furious just watching your videos. The fact that you can sit there, seemingly so calm, and actually ask your viewers whether you are doing the right thing by going the Lemon Law route, and trying not to place blame on the dealer, is a testament to you as a human being, and to your parents in rearing just a wonderfully understanding and patient man.

I hope nothing but the best for you in this ordeal. You deserve nothing less.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling