Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 AM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts
Post 991 issues update and lemon law filling

Further to my 6 month review video on my 991 911 here is an update on the issues I have been having. Any advice anyone has would be most welcome. Thanks for watching

Nick

Old 03-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be the most patient, understanding person on the face of the earth. With all the issues you have experienced with a brand new 6 figure car, I would accept nothing less than a new car. You have a lemon on your hands that will perpetually cause you grief. This is a car that will never be repaired properly and will always have issues. Demand a pro rated refund if you no longer want a new Porsche or insist on a new car. Do not keep this one under any circumstances.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Mark1996
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have thought that your dealer would have been in contact with Porsche for you long before you had to resort to a lemon law filing. After all, your dealer(and Porsche) wants to keep its customers at least somewhat happy. I would have left the thing at the dealer and refused to drive it any further.

The rattles are simply annoying and many new cars have them. The electrical issues you experienced are a major safety concern.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:37 AM
lspain
Intermediate

The electrical fault(s) also strike me as a major safety concern and are unacceptable. Freezing temperatures are certainly present in Germany and represent no excuse whatsoever. Will you ever be completely comfortable driving this car given this set of problems? Were I in your shoes...I do not think I would be. I think it is time to express to Porsche your desire for a new car.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 243 Posts

Very sorry to hear of the issues. Clearly you have been patient and fair. There are obviously some problems with the car. I think it is time to escalate the situation. Do you know the service director at your dealership?
I would speak to him about lobbying for you, and or having him personally and formally document the history. Having a party within the company back you and document the experiences and attempts at fixing the car makes it very hard to ignore. How many days has the car been down/at the dealer?

I think you need to seek replacement ASAP. It seems you have done everything in your power to keep and fix the car, and the situation has not resolved. As you say, it seems to be increasing in scope in fact. A few of things you describe are not acceptable and it does not make you a bad customer to not accept them. Have they tried to fix a specific issue three times or more? If so, it is almost always a clear cut case if during the initial months of ownership.

Do you have a case open with Porsche NA? If you can get the Service Director and the shop foreman to back you that the car has issues, it should move the process along. If they do so and corporate is still unresponsive, I guess you should see to filing legal action independently. It should not have to come to that though. You should be able to handle this directly with Porsche, and without the need for a lawyer. I had an Audi replaced and as soon as the service director with 30 years experience backed my situation, the company immediately offered a replacement of the car. It took a bit of time, and they did have to try to fix the car a few times, but as soon as we were unsuccessful at fixing it and had internal agreement about the problem, they responded.

I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved. I have been in this place, it's upsetting to say the least. I don't think you should accept anything less than a new car. Keep us posted.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:28 PM
westlaker
Instructor

Were I with Porsche, I would give you a new car... this is a PR disaster... viral video!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:31 PM
wanderfalke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does the dealer say about replacing it. How much to replace it is what I am really asking? You need to replace it. With the 2015s coming online there should be some 2014s with less than 100 miles(dealer call them demos) sitting around. Dealers purchase these cars so they can get more allocations. What kind of car are you driving while it is sitting waiting for repairs?You own a new car that should not qualify for a CPO whoa! I must be costing porsche a fair amount to be working on it.I do think you will be made whole before the lemon law comes in to effect It is just a matter of finding the right person to talk to.

Trending Topics

Old 03-16-2014, 12:36 PM
westlaker
Instructor

Think about how many sales they'll lose if you keep documenting this on video. Do the math Porsche.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I'd push this as a safety concern. Notify your dealer that your gonna drop the car off, and for them to have an alternate ride for you until this issue is resolved.

I assure you that your dealer will not guarantee you that the car is safe to drive with that electrical odour........that's it !

If Porsche asks you what can they do. Tell them you want a new car replacement. Start high.

Good Luck.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:24 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by cvanslyk
Think about how many sales they'll lose if you keep documenting this on video. Do the math Porsche.
Honestly you would think so. Gone are the days where they can just ignore a problem because it is only one customer.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:26 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Your initial videos were like a sales tool for Porsche...........

Now they will go the other way.............

You have been patient and in my opinion that goes in your favor as well

They need to replace your car IMO
Old 03-16-2014, 01:27 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by cvanslyk
Originally Posted by Coincident
You must be the most patient, understanding person on the face of the earth. With all the issues you have experienced with a brand new 6 figure car, I would accept nothing less than a new car. You have a lemon on your hands that will perpetually cause you grief. This is a car that will never be repaired properly and will always have issues. Demand a pro rated refund if you no longer want a new Porsche or insist on a new car. Do not keep this one under any circumstances.
Thanks for your kind comment. I really have tried to be patient because you know **** happens and life is too short to be upset with people, the dealer is doing their best.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:27 PM
mb97tts
Racer

In fact I was watching your demos and they made me more excited about getting my car as I waited
Old 03-16-2014, 01:30 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by mb97tts
Your initial videos were like a sales tool for Porsche...........

Now they will go the other way.............

You have been patient and in my opinion that goes in your favor as well

They need to replace your car IMO

This is true, I have tried to promote the brand as much as I can, I answer 5-10 questions a day from buyers mostly because dealer sales people can not be bother to learn the cars they are sell.

I have tried to be as fair a possible.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:48 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hi N. Murray,
I would be so furious!
Porsche should of fixed it perfectly and since they did not they should of been kind and offer to take your lemon and they give you a new car.
This is not right! I would be beyond furious! Grrrrrrrrr!
I get furious at bad customer service for things way way cheaper than a Porsche - it happens all the time to me! So many morons out there! OMG if I had this happen with the item being like 125K I would be going through the roof! I better calm down
Keep us posted! Sending you good luck vibes!

Furious,
BeeBalm

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling