Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Now that's ^^^ unrestricted warfare!
^^^LMAO
Technically this is psychological warfare
Unrestricted Warfare starts today
Captain ... I hope you got the point of the endless song vid coz if I have to explain the jock ... It will not be funny
Old 04-11-2014, 10:54 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Zohan
Damn you. That was worse than getting Rickrolled.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Damn you. That was worse than getting Rickrolled.
My CIS prof rickrolled us with a QR code on the whiteboard this quarter. lol man.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:02 AM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I read this new episode with interest, a famous quote came to mind. Not sure it's water or gasoline.

"An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try."
Old 04-12-2014, 08:08 PM
mrstep
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark1996

When you plunk down $100k to $140k for a car, you are making a personal decision. Get what you want. If I told an PDK 911 owner that a "real Porsche" has a manual transmission or if I told a manual 911 owner that "manual transmissions are only for the people who cling to the past", I would expect him/her to tell me to F off.

You may as well be telling your neighbor that he/she should have picked a more suitable spouse.
And when I commented that maybe we should just stop posting on this thread, I saw a response like 'aw hell no, that's not appropriate to say.". Lol.

Not intended in a negative way to the OP in any way, these threads have just proven pointless. I understand not having been on the forum long enough to know that, so it happens.

Let me just add that I tried out the other sides spouse(s) and chose mine because she's much better. 50+ years of experience... No wait, that doesn't sound right!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:26 PM
mrstep
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpowers
I can understand that if you're older, have problems with your knees or whatever and sit in traffic and don't enjoy shifting you might want the option of an automatic as a compromise. That's what it is though, a compromise for people that can no longer shift or enjoy it for whatever reason. If I had trouble because of a physical problem I'd want the automatic option too.

The problem I have is being put down as some kind of dinosaur (I'm in my 30's) that's an extremist for insisting on a manual transmission in my sports car because that's what makes the driving experience enjoyable for me. I also have a problem when dealers only order the automatic and force it on customers and put down those that want a manual. It's also a problem that they are removing the manual option in many cars now because they make more on the automatic.
My sales guy didn't push the PDK, but maybe he's the exception at this point.

Your complaint pretty much sums it up. Pointless put-downs and some of the most bone-headed analogies (crank start? manual windows?) - do they particularly add something to the discussion?
Old 04-13-2014, 09:01 PM
1analguy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Being stuck in stop-and-go rush hour traffic every day might make a PDK far more palatable, but I wouldn't waste my money on a Porsche for that type of use in the first place. Any beater with AC and an automatic would serve just as well for crawling from stop to stop. Then I could get the Porsche that I really wanted...one with a manual transmission.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 1analguy
Being stuck in stop-and-go rush hour traffic every day might make a PDK far more palatable, but I wouldn't waste my money on a Porsche for that type of use in the first place. Any beater with AC and an automatic would serve just as well for crawling from stop to stop. Then I could get the Porsche that I really wanted...one with a manual transmission.
^^^ THIS
Old 04-13-2014, 11:46 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1analguy
Agreed.

Ideally for stop and go traffic I'd get a big, cushy car with massaging seats. Then when I'm not going to be driving in traffic I'd take my manual transmission Porsche out for fun.

If I could only have 1 car and sat in stop and go traffic for 2 hrs each way going to work I could see getting the PDK automatic as a compromise.

Quick Reply: manual vs PDK