Remove back seats for more room with booster seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 03:16 AM
DRJX
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove back seats for more room with booster seats

Hi all,

Before I try this out myself, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried taking the back seats out (either the seat backs http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...cks-991-a.html and/or the seat cushions http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-911-991s.html) to get more leg room when using harness booster seats in the back? It looks like someone has done this in a 997, but I can't find any posts on doing this in a 991.

From eyeballing the fit with the boosters in the back (but without taking the car apart), it looks like the we'd get a little more space since the boosters get blocked by the seat backs, but I'd like to know if anyone actually tried it out and gotten more space, or if there are complicating factors.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:56 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I have not tried to remove the rear seat back rests.

However, I have removed the rear seat cushions. They are held in place with velcro. Just slide your fingers under the front edge of the cushion and pull up slowly.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:51 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

On my 2006 C2S coupe, I removed the seat backs so I could fit the booster seats in. Its not too hard. Pry off the plastic covers, then unscrew something if I remember correctly. It definitely made installation easier, and provide way more space. Things were more secure after as well. Use the search for instructions... i found them in the forum as well.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Spathiinc
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took the rear seats out to see if it would make much of a difference, but it didn't really. They're pretty thin, so I ended up just putting them back on. My main objective was to get extra head room so the wind screen could be deployed while car seats were installed (obviously w/out kids in them), but it hardly got me anything. You might fare a little better on leg room, but probably not much.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Remove back seats for more room with booster seats