Sponsored by:

I'm happy!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I'm happy!

There has been a huge number of negative posts lately. It almost seems that you only use Rennlist when you have a problem or complaint. Between the GT3 issues, Nick's issues and all the other assorted brake and beeping noises you would think the sky has fallen in on Porsche. Well I am here to say I love my 911 just as much as my 3 previous 911's. They have always been bullet proof and I am a very happy customer. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I just wanted to be positive about a truly amazing vehicle. Bravo Porsche. No one is perfect. If a space shuttle can blow up then any mechanical form of transport can have issues as well. I still believe Porsche engineers are the best in the business. To those that have had issues.....I hope they are resolved soon so you can get back to enjoying your car. One specific, my PCCB's, just awesome. The braking power is like nothing I have ever experienced.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Living the dream!!!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Quest911
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ same here, I love my 991. I have a C2 with some nice options......I like the options I have and wish I could just drive it more!!!

We all have problems with cars. Whether it is a Porsche or any other manufacturer. I bought this car for me and no other reason! I have had 58 vehicles in the last 30 years, was a GM product only for first 50.

Bob
Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Mostly to do with the personal outlook on life. Life's fragile, enjoy yourself.....
Old 04-14-2014, 12:15 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Good observation Bacura. It's easy to get into the mindset of complaining when on forums like this.

Things I love about my car today:
- Driving to work with the windows down and the sunroof open when it's 65 degF outside.
- Enjoying some tunes out of a 60 GB library of music available at the touch of a button.
- Using the Sport button and launching a bit from a few traffic lights just because it's fun.
- Enjoying the feel of the shifter as I go 1st - 2nd - 3rd.
- Looking back at it after I park because I think it's a work of art.
- Looking forward to washing my car because it deserves it.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:59 PM
beebalm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I was happy and still am happy see
It's almost two months of pure happiness since she came into my life!
She went to her beauty salon yesterday (I washed her) and all I want to do is squeeze her like an adorable puppy!
She is shining so sweetly!

Let's all smile Spring is here
BeeBalm

Old 04-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Whether it's a spirited drive or mundane errands every time I get out of my car, I am shaking my head at what a fantastic machine the 991C4S is. My previous was a 997TT so it's not like I'm comparing it to a Pinto either!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:06 PM
addysdaddy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before I purchased my 2014 C2S I browsed the 911 forums to get a sense of how members thought about their cars. Sure I expected to read about issues because any forum is a great place to seek out like minded individuals who might already have a solution. But I walked away thinking for the most part, Porsche owners were a pretty happy lot. Those general impressions were very influential in my decision making process. Go to the Maserati forum and you'll see what I mean.

I finally take delivery this Friday and I'm expecting like so many other forum members to have a great owners experience - not perfect mind you but overall great with that permanent grin stuck onto my face. Glad to read & respond to this thread-thanks for posting up.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm very happy to hear about all of your great experiences. I'm still waiting on my car, but I'm so glad you're all enjoying your vehicles. I would definitely hope the problems mentioned are a very small % of the cars out there. Although it doesn't help people like Nick, for the most part I'm hoping that Porsche still makes high quality cars
Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Bacura
You are right - every car has problems. It would be highly naive for any of us to think otherwise.
The issue that most have is how the problem(s) is dealt with by the dealer/ manufacturer.

My car crapped out of Friday night leaking fluid all over the driveway. Did the sky fall? Absolutely not. After all, everything needs to be kept in perspective.

However, it is how the problem will be received, acknowledged and ultimately resolved from here on out, that will dictate my satisfaction with the product.

I count myself lucky that my car doesn't stall on the highway, have red specks under the clear-coat, suffer a PDK failure or worse yet, catch fire.

However, I suspect that most people come on these forums looking for answers to a problem, rather than using the forum to complain about a machine not being perfect.

I think it's fair to say that there is a very small minority with unwarranted complaints about truly trivial issues...

Last edited by duxsi; 04-14-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

I had a ton of grief with my '92 968, bought new off the lot in a time when (I assume) German industry was still struggling to absorb an influx of complete bozos from the other side of the Wall. The only question was who was less competent -- the recent ex-Communists who assembled my car, or the good ol' boys in my dealership's service department whose loyalty could not be questioned but whose skills were a bit on the pink side.

But it all worked out in the end, and the bugs eventually got fixed. That was the best car I owned until my current 981S, which was apparently assembled with both care and skill by the elves of Osnabrueck. Just crossed 10,000 miles with zero defects. The contrast with my earlier Porsche ownership experience couldn't be more stark. I don't feel compelled to wait 20 years before buying my next one, let's put it that way!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:37 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Bah. The 991 is no bed of roses. I cannot let the car stay dirty after driving it, have to fill it and top off after rides in the country, think I will need need tires before I get to 25k miles and am drawn into an upgrade on each annual anniversary. And I have to keep looking at Rennlist to keep up with all the postings! Its exhausting. Think I'll go for ride.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:07 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
I had a ton of grief with my '92 968, bought new off the lot in a time when (I assume) German industry was still struggling to absorb an influx of complete bozos from the other side of the Wall. The only question was who was less competent -- the recent ex-Communists who assembled my car..
Wow...
Your assumption is misplaced and truly misguided.
But you're entitled to your opinion as to why your car gave you grief.

Warm regards,
From the offspring of a "complete bozo, ex-Communist"
Old 04-14-2014, 07:10 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Bah. The 991 is no bed of roses. I cannot let the car stay dirty after driving it, have to fill it and top off after rides in the country, think I will need need tires before I get to 25k miles and am drawn into an upgrade on each annual anniversary. And I have to keep looking at Rennlist to keep up with all the postings! Its exhausting. Think I'll go for ride.
And what about having to walk so far when parking at the mall, the scare caused to fellow motorists when passing them at 6000 rpm's and having to do a special laundry load for microfibers. Geez!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience continues to be wonderful as well, except for the same stuff Chuckbdc describes above and a few others listed below.

*What a pain it was to adjust my 18 way seats to fit me perfectly!
*My rear tires have already lasted longer than any of the rears did on my two 997s and a 993. (If PDCC is causing that, it will pay for itself quickly!)
*My black paint is so crappy it looks wet and a foot deep all the time.
*I'm afraid to go to a DE in a couple weeks because I fear an expensive habit coming on.
*Recent mod took a few weeks, but I got rid of 20 pounds of sprung weight.
*I have the least popular wheels, which makes me love them even more.
*Shell stations have been popping up all over the area in the last year, reducing my need to drive long distances to fill up the tank.
*All the lettering fell off the back of my car.
*On top of that, every time I open the glove box, wads of cash fall out. Dealer can't figure it out, doesn't throw any diagnostic codes, no service bulletins, so I guess I just have to live with it.

ok, ok...I'm kidding...the seats didn't take that long to adjust.

Quick Reply: I'm happy!