Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
The biggest " benefit " by far must have been when he got stuck on I95 in the rain!
I really don't understand why he wants his money back...I can only imagine the " benefit " of going to the dealer every other day,drinking their coffee and driving different loaners-dirty loaners BTW!
Yeah...real benefits!
They should be kissing his *** with cherry on top!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
give me a break.

name one other car company that is just throwing new cars at people when they have ones with lots of issues (here come the anecdotes).

Mercedes resists lemon law filings, so does BMW, so do a bunch of other companies.

My question here:

Porsche offered nick sale price minus a fee for miles put on the car.

Did nick not receive the benefit of 12,000 miles on the car?

Why should he deserve a full price reimbursement?

What makes him special? his car being extra lemony?
All valid points. Although Nick comes off as a very sincere, honest, and patient person, let's not forget that we only have his version of events.

My experience, and I'm certain many thousands of others, have been quite different. As someone who has owned 911s for over 40 years, I have been impressed not only by the quality of the 911 over the decades, but also by the extraordinary treatment I have received from Porsche. For example on several occassions I had my 911 repaired for free or for a very nominal price, long after the warranty expired. Porsche's "good will" policy is well known, thousands have benefitted from it, and it's one of the primary reasons that I have been a life long Porsche owner.

So as unfortuante as Nick's experieces have been, let's keep it in perspective. It's just one owner's experiences, and certainly not enough to have somone reconsider purchasing a 991.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I can only imagine the " benefit " of going to the dealer every other day,drinking their coffee and driving different loaners-dirty loaners BTW!
Hey, don't give PCNA lawyers any ideas. They may start deducting the value of the coffee, the rent paid for the waiting rooms, and the miles driven on loaners from the "fair" arbitrated compensation.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a thought - any chance we can get the VIN on the car so no-one (at least on this forum) ends up with it when they recycle it one day? Surely they wouldn't - right??
Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dalema
Surely they wouldn't - right??
Right!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

I agree on one thing though : If Nick is not completely turned off by the brand,he SHOULD buy another 991 and give it another chance. I think they're great cars and what are the chances this will happen again...
Spec another to your liking and maybe get options you wished you had last time.
Good luck Nick!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Just a thought - any chance we can get the VIN on the car so no-one (at least on this forum) ends up with it when they recycle it one day? Surely they wouldn't - right??
It should go into the crusher! But first, let the head of PCNAs customer service drive it for six months as punishment for this indecency that has been committed!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:42 AM
blinsc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did nick not receive the benefit of 12,000 miles on the car?

Why should he deserve a full price reimbursement?

What makes him special? his car being extra lemony?
If this was an insurance claim, and the car had been trouble-free for 12,000 miles, then sure, a pro-rated reimbursement makes sense. But if you watch his videos, he's had a litany of issues from nearly the beginning.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1

The only reason the car is this old/used is Nick's extra-terrestrial patience and his inability to get pissed months sooner.
not porsche's problem that the owner was willing to drive the car 12k miles with issues.

Originally Posted by neanicu
The biggest " benefit " by far must have been when he got stuck on I95 in the rain!
I really don't understand why he wants his money back...I can only imagine the " benefit " of going to the dealer every other day,drinking their coffee and driving different loaners-dirty loaners BTW!
Yeah...real benefits!
They should be kissing his *** with cherry on top!
once again, either he used the car or he didn't. Whether he was smiling while he was driving or not is of no consequence.

Companies should not be kissing his ***. They entered into a contract, and from what I've seen, porsche has abided by the terms of the contract.

Originally Posted by blinsc
If this was an insurance claim, and the car had been trouble-free for 12,000 miles, then sure, a pro-rated reimbursement makes sense. But if you watch his videos, he's had a litany of issues from nearly the beginning.
his fault for continuing the drive the car.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:03 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Comments like these crack me up.

While I was rooting for Nick, and think Porsche did a **** poor job handling this situation I found it utterly laughable that anybody would make a decision not to buy a particular car based on one ownership experience.
This ^^^^. All day long.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM
ricm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Porsche, Give This Guy His Money Back!

Nick's plight hit Yahoo Auto News: http://yhoo.it/1ix4DLG

Hopefully other news services will run the story also.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Companies should not be kissing his ***. They entered into a contract, and from what I've seen, porsche has abided by the terms of the contract.
You sound like you've run/owned many successful businesses. Porsche should hire you as their consultant.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:56 PM
slam19s
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not porsche's problem that the owner was willing to drive the car 12k miles with issues.
PCNA should definitely hire you as a consultant.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:14 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 310 Likes on 185 Posts

and in other news.. Porsche are handling the GT3 engine debacle ... equally as well
Old 04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 533 Likes on 318 Posts

lol i would LOVE to see nick review one of these baddies.

Originally Posted by TSpyder
As the original owner of a pristine 91, I'd love to see Nick in one of the new ones, if for no other reason, than his video review would be priceless

Spyder
Originally Posted by Hothonda
Another consideration - from lots of past experience...these guys build pretty good cars.
Coming soon......

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video