Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 389 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
No, I haven't - I've been busy living life while my car was in the shop over 30 days with a mysterious engine malfunction requiring a completely new engine. I drove my 1993 BMW and did not scream and cry for a turbo to drive in the meanwhile. Life is what you make it. The gentleman seems like quite a piece of work, car problems not withstanding.
Save up money for a while and expect a quality car. Not a hard ask especially a brand such as Porsche that prides itself on its own reputation. Double your duration in shop time and this is what Mr. Murray has experienced so far.

"Life is what you make it"? You are the customer Porsche wants...naive.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Finally911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick Murray is a far better man than I. I've watched his videos since the start and even emailed him a question regarding the roof carrier system.

His videos were a wealth of information about the car, certain options and his pleasure in driving such a wonderful machine came thru loud and clear.

When he started having troubles with the car he was very nice. I was going to say pragmatic, but that doesn't really describe his demeanor. He was actually quite complimentary of his dealer's service department in fixing things that shouldn't have occurred in the first place.

Even when the issues snowballed he was extremely patient and never negative.

Now it seems that after Porsche convinced him to stop, or at least pause, the Lemon Law filing AND the car has become even MORE dangerous to drive they are digging in their heels instead of apologizing, admitting that although extremely rare sometimes there are "manufacturing mistakes" and provide him with a car built to his specs. I can't imagine a better ambassador for the brand if they just did the right thing.

Nick's last video was probably done out of desperation. A phase I would have entered months ago. And even now he does his best to present things in a matter of fact manner.

I hope the resolution finds Nick in a new 911 and free maintenance for life. I would love to see his long term review videos of the car over the next 10 years. I bet they would be sales vehicles just like his early ones.

Good luck Nick.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I fully sympathize with the gentleman in the video and his car problems. However, the foul language used and the half-smirk presentation devalue his message, quite a bit, in my opinion. With the sheeple riled up against this "injustice", I'm sure resolution is on the horizon one way or another.
No, I haven't - I've been busy living life while my car was in the shop over 30 days with a mysterious engine malfunction requiring a completely new engine. I drove my 1993 BMW and did not scream and cry for a turbo to drive in the meanwhile. Life is what you make it. The gentleman seems like quite a piece of work, car problems not withstanding.
Originally Posted by fibredog
Making videos will certainly **** PCNA off, but I don't think your outcome will be any better than going to arbitration. I agree with Nicoli that the tone, language, etc... in the video devalue the message. Not to say that you shouldn't be pissed and shout obscenities, because I certainly would, I'm just saying that a clean video would show you more as the innocent victim and PCNA as the only a-hole in this battle.

TC
Guys, it would pay to watch his previous videos before you pass judgement... He has been nothing but fair and positive despite his treatment by Porsche... If you'd taken the time, you'd know Nick isn't the a-hole, it's the fine folk at PCNA... You're entitled to your opinions of Nick's video but it would be nice if you took the time to get the full picture before passing judgement.

And Nicoli, a failed engine is one thing, having had countless issues and your brand new $120k car pulled apart that many times that it now just falls apart on it's own is in a whole different ballpark. If you're happy living life whilst a manufacturer jerks you around to resolve issues on your brand new car, that's your prerogative but it doesn't have to be everyone's... Some people buy these cars to fulfill a dream and enjoy driving them on the road, not to spend countless time and energy at service departments putting up with **** because arrogant manufacturers can't concede they've supplied a faulty product and just end the misery for all by simply replacing with what was originally paid for. Your criticism of the OP is unfair to say the least...

To Nick, chin up, I sincerely hope that this nightmare ends well for you soon. Their handling of our 997.2 gt3 issues, the 991 gt3 engine issues and now their handling of customers like yourself has me convinced that Porsche have turned a corner, not a good one and I doubt I'll be spending any more of my hard earned with them...

Last edited by 911rox; 04-16-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

masochism isn't for everyone

Old 04-16-2014, 11:23 AM
JamesKen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick, I truly wish you the best of luck with this. This whole episode makes me embarrassed to own a Porsche. I know how big corporations can act but I was naive enough to think that a company like Porsche would eventually wake up to reality and make this right. I hope you go thru the lemon law filing so Porsche can't stick this car with some one else.

I hope I am wrong but I can't see how someone in your situation would ever want to touch another Porsche again.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol guys. I'm glad to offer you a new target. Herd mentality is fascinating.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Herd mentality? What herd? 2-3 people?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:35 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

It's not a herd mentality.
The guy has been through the wringer and shafted. By your own admission you haven't been following this debacle from the beginning. So your conclusion is surprising to say the least.

Those of us that have been following this issue have lauded his civility (at times to a fault). At one point the OP was even derided by others on this forum for being too nice.

He's is clearly at the end of his rope and his exasperation is evident. So the "herd" is not attacking you, but merely defending him...

Last edited by duxsi; 04-16-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Nick's having a rough time. Why are we getting so snarky with one another? Sheeesh. Let's just support Nick and hope for the best.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Nick, please don't take this the wrong way as I have tremendous sympathy for you in this situation. But why not just let this go to arbitration? I wonder whether continuing to deal with Porsche, making additional videos, engaging in more large internet discussions, etc., is accomplishing anything other than sucking up more of your time and adding to your stress. I am probably missing something but it would seem that simply allowing the law to resolve this situation (surely in your favor) would be the far healthier route to go at this point.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Herd? More like

Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Here's the bottom line: when you spend $120,000 on a new car, you are paying for the privilege of not getting treated like the guy that is bringing his new Ford Fiesta in for problems. The expectation, the level of service, the care, the time and consideration, the over-reaching level of accommodation -- its set to a higher standard because the brand is a higher standard.

If you want to be treated like a purveyor of automotive appliances, you can spend $100,000 less for that privilege. .
bull****, does not matter if its a $20k fiesta or a $200,000 Ferrari. The expectation of a defect free vehicle are equal.

Originally Posted by Gcracker07110
Sent the following to PCNA Contact

Dear Mr.

I have been following the ownership experience of a fellow Porsche owner, Nick Murray and quite frankly I think Porsche Cars North America have failed miserably in resolving the challenges Mr. Murray has experienced with his 911.

You may ask yourself why I am writing this e-mail? It's rather simple, this could be my experience or another porsche owning friends experience and to honest I would be outraged and disgusted if my experience were that of Nicks.

The fact hat Porsche are attempting to convince Nick to agree to hold onto a vehicle which is clearly not of suitable quality and could be potentially dangerous, given his most recent experience, I find this to be reckless at the very least and criminal at worst.

I would highly recommend that PCNA takes note of what Nick is saying as there are an awful lot of Porsche owners out here following this situation very carefully. While I can't speak for others I can say without any doubt that if PCNA don't fully resolve this issue in a manner that I would deem to be acceptable then I will never buy a Porsche product ever again knowing that the brand will not step up to the plate when they sell lemons.

Yours Sincerely
Great that you're doing this, and I understand english may be your first language, but if you're going to do it, proofreading for typos and grammar may be in the best interests of the cause.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:44 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Nick, please don't take this the wrong way as I have tremendous sympathy for you in this situation. But why not just let this go to arbitration?
He is going to arbitration next week.
He was simply hoping to resolve it with Scumbag AG ahead of time and in a more civilized manner...
Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 AM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sure hope this works out for yo Nick. You have been extremely patient and you deserve resolution.

Last edited by ColdList; 04-17-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:58 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

Nick, Here is a feed worth looking at before any arbitration.
http://gt2gt3cup.org/showthread.php?t=352

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video