Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmurray22
I also worry that it is a little unfair that I only tell my side of the story with PCNA must have their own view and issue with me.

I have been back and forth on whether or not to show all, some or parts of the email correspondence from PCNA throughout this mess. That in my eyes is the most interesting/entertaining/alarming piece of this whole saga. I really hope I can do that at some point without getting myself in legal hot water because you guys will just not believe it.

It's like dealing with an angry schizophrenic, one email is all apologies and promises to put things right no matter what it takes and an hour later it can be strong insistence that I need to take their advice or things will turn bad for me. Something is going on in the background I don't get to see and I have no clue what that might be. The cost of this to their PR is so much more than the few thousand they are niggling over.

Oh well we can just do our best and hope for the best.
i think you know that FWIW i support you in hoping you get what you deserve. your 911 is not JUST a car...you didn't see it in a lot and point to it and then hop in and go. you essentially tailored its birth. to see your bastard child spite you like this??? at least you still have the gorilla
Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
given the nature and size of telsa vs porsche/vag, this comparison is not even worth discussing.

if you think other brands don't do the same thing in isolated cases, I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

Not buying a car you like because of such an incident is stupid.
Have to agree with ^^^.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:54 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

To me, the most disappointing part about this situation is that Nick loved his 911 so much when he first got it. Anyone who has been following his videos from the beginning knows this. In fact, his love for his 911 is what motivated him to start doing the videos in the first place. So, given this, to see how this situation has developed seems especially disheartening.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nick, I would not recommend posting emails at this time but I would save them for future use.
Also, if they do offer a settlement it will most definitely come with a non-disclosure agreement, be prepared to decide if you want to accept that.
I am NOT an attorney - If the arbitrator forces them to replace/refund for your car, check with him/her to see if they can force a Non-disclosure agreement on you.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:58 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
To me, the most disappointing part about this situation is that Nick loved his 911 so much when he first got it. Anyone who has been following his videos from the beginning knows this. In fact, his love for his 911 is what motivated him to start doing the videos in the first place. So, given this, to see how this situation has developed seems especially disheartening.
+1

i used nick's videos to help me add all sorts of bullsh!t to my car that i don't particularly need at ridiculous margins to Porsche because he was able to better sell it than they were...not the kind of customer i would alienate.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this whole sorry affair demonstrates PCNA's arrogance, and blind adherence to internal policies and procedures to minimise expense to PCNA without any thought to customer service or damage to goodwill.

really quite staggering, more so as it's happening in the USA
Old 04-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by 991999R
you can compare anything you want which is what i think is the point of this exercise...its a comparison but a very weak one. Noah you made some good business points on this thread but this is definitely not one of them. one's a producer the other is a hobby
Where do I get one of those $24,000,000,000 hobbies?

A lot of people missed the point in that comparison. Why is a "hobby" company valued so highly relative to competitors many times its size? Because investors understand that the bigger those competitors are, the more vulnerable they are to disruption. People are always actively looking for the next big thing.

Going by what we've seen in Nick's videos, PCNA is acting like they're entitled to our business. They're acting like they have no competition. They are very wrong about that.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:11 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

Its now on Car Throttle.com

http://www.carthrottle.com/this-hila...-a-must-watch/
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Where do I get one of those $24,000,000,000 hobbies?

A lot of people missed the point in that comparison. Why is a "hobby" company valued so highly relative to competitors many times its size? Because investors understand that the bigger those competitors are, the more vulnerable they are to disruption. People are always actively looking for the next big thing.

Going by what we've seen in Nick's videos, PCNA is acting like they're entitled to our business. They're acting like they have no competition. They are very wrong about that.
Given the demand for porsche cars, there will be an *** for almost anything they can build.

As to your reasoning for Tesla's high valuation, i think there is a lot more too it thank vulnerability to disruption. I also think the market cap of tesla is so overblown its ridiculous. Not that it means much with the way financial markets operate these days anyway.

Telsa is a two bit niche player. When they sell more than a few thousand cars a year, then we can talk.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where do I get one of those $24,000,000,000 hobbies? A lot of people missed the point in that comparison. Why is a "hobby" company valued so highly relative to competitors many times its size? Because investors understand that the bigger those competitors are, the more vulnerable they are to disruption. People are always actively looking for the next big thing. Going by what we've seen in Nick's videos, PCNA is acting like they're entitled to our business. They're acting like they have no competition. They are very wrong about that.
Again, you are talking only about the valued shares, that's it. Not the actual value of the company, reserves, infrastructure, etc. Back in the day .com companies had crazy high valued shares - it doesn't mean ****. You most def can't compare Tesla to VAG. Tesla is an awesome company, but in comparison they are just a blip for now in the automotive scene.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

If I were a brand manager at any number of luxury marques from Aston-Martin to Cadillac, I'd be paying very close attention, looking for an opportunity to jump in and make my own brand look good at Porsche's expense.
^^^This
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The Porsche Facebook page is taking a hammering - so many links posted to this latest video.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM
RichardC
Instructor

This morning the video only had about 8000 views. It's over 30,000 views now.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:51 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
The Porsche Facebook page is taking a hammering - so many links posted to this latest video.
This has, in 1-day, gone viral around the World.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
^^^Bollocks...

I also know which " TITLE " sells better and why they chose to use it...
Right on! Marketing is what I do and I was thinking the exact same thing. The anger finally got some attention to this subject and that headline is brilliant. It will get massive exposure (and GUARANTEED some attention from Porsche).

On M5 Post we have a sub-forum called "M5 vs." where us Porsche guys have a record thread (approx. 1,400 replies and counting) going and one guy just started a thread titled "Remind me not to buy a Porsche anytime soon."

Word needs to get out because it either hasn't gotten to the right person at Porsche just yet or they outright don't care.

I hope this helps Nick. Has to be about the nicest guy on the planet.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video