Sponsored by:

Real weight saving ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 12:43 PM
willyspub
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
BTW here's a Black 4S with Aero they have for a few grand more--if the Blue is "too much"http://hoffmanporsche.com/new/Porsch...50102/info.php
Are they seeing a lot of custom orders walk, or is there some insane genius at Hoffman filling their inventory with crazy great builds? Manual, Aerokit, Technos, SPASM, SC, PSE, Sport Design Wheel. Nothing like the soft and boring 911s that fill my local dealer lots. Fantastic car, I would only add PDCC.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Put a TechArt wing on the back and remove the lifting mechanism their wing weighs about 10 lbs..
Old 05-01-2014, 05:25 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willyspub
Are they seeing a lot of custom orders walk, or is there some insane genius at Hoffman filling their inventory with crazy great builds? Manual, Aerokit, Technos, SPASM, SC, PSE, Sport Design Wheel. Nothing like the soft and boring 911s that fill my local dealer lots. Fantastic car, I would only add PDCC.
Surprising there would be more than one of these highly spec'd cars at the same dealer unless some custom orders walked. It talks a gutsy dealership to order many of these cars that will appeal only to specific buyers, as opposed to keeping in stock a bunch of plain vanilla cars that should be much easier to sell.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Stevie 911
Track Day

Hey Blackspeed, no harm done, I was just kidding about that, I've just been having a hard time finding what I want. I also noticed the black car on the dealer's website.another interesting build. Although I'm not a big fan of the aero kit cup ( double stacked wing looks too busy IMO). So far my 2 Sons say no to the baby blue & wife gave it the thumbs up. IDK until I see all these colors clash in person. I myself being 49 y/o Am not exactly starving for attention. I think between the Mexico blue, ducktail, and yellow bits, I think the sales rep who built this car was hoping the Easter Bunny was coming to visit with checkbook in hand, Lol. But I do plan on seeing both cars on Saturday.
Btw, what price should I be hoping to pay for either of these cars since 2015 models will be available soon. Thanks for the help
Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM
BlackSpeed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stevie 911
Hey Blackspeed, no harm done, I was just kidding about that, I've just been having a hard time finding what I want. I also noticed the black car on the dealer's website.another interesting build. Although I'm not a big fan of the aero kit cup ( double stacked wing looks too busy IMO). So far my 2 Sons say no to the baby blue & wife gave it the thumbs up. IDK until I see all these colors clash in person. I myself being 49 y/o Am not exactly starving for attention. I think between the Mexico blue, ducktail, and yellow bits, I think the sales rep who built this car was hoping the Easter Bunny was coming to visit with checkbook in hand, Lol. But I do plan on seeing both cars on Saturday.
Btw, what price should I be hoping to pay for either of these cars since 2015 models will be available soon. Thanks for the help
I'd look for 8-10% off each car. If you love it and have to have it, go to 7%, but no less. Our market, (I'm in MASS) is very competitive. I had 3 dealers all offering me between 8-10% off ordered cars. I got almost 10% off my custom ordered car in Boston (but I'm a tough negotiator)

These guys in Hartford sound like a good group, I spoke to the GM or SM last Fall about getting my car and they seemed like enthusiasts (in fact I remember them telling me about this Mexico Blue car, they ordered it for stock, not a customer--I just couldn't wait and I really wanted Black)

If things don't work here, try Porsche Westwood in MA, the GM/SM is Mike Lookner, great guy and he has some nice cars and typically like to give aggressive deals, I almost bought a white 911S with ducktail from him.

GL--can't wait to hear your impressions--I'm tempted to drive down there and see the Mexico Blue (only 45 mins away from me).
Old 05-02-2014, 06:08 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You might find this thread useful.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7535...ifference.html
Old 05-02-2014, 06:20 PM
rayng
Rennlist Member

OP, seeing that you've been lurking for a couple of years, why not wait for a private party sale? If you are particular about the options you've mentioned, you should probably order a car or just keep looking--especially if you are not sure about aero kit or not. most guys know what they want before they pull the trigger. keep exploring and take that mex blue out for a test drive. enjoy the search.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Stevie 911
Track Day

So today I drove to the dealer with the Mexico blue c2s. the car looked good. The sales rep spoke to me about the 70's theme behind his thinking with the build. In a nutshell, said car had a sticker price of $130k which is kinda high for a c2s. I asked him if he would do 8% off Sticker in which he seemed taken back and stated " no way, this is a Mexico blue car, we do not discount these cars, we build only one per year, as a courtesy I'll take $1,500 off but that's it. I said OK and then asked him about a well optioned black c4s with the aero kit cup option parked right next to the Mexico blue c2s to which he stated I could do just a little better on that car. He then stated to me " let's just build one exactly the way you like". I said at what price because I could build one at a dealer closer to me at about 7% off MSRP. Then the final blow came when he stated "no, we don't discount that much here, we're in an exclusive area we don't have to". I then left.
I hope to find the right car at a fair deal or I may just order it. Peace out.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:07 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I also think he exaggerated quite a bit on the weight. I also think he most likely didn't order the car. That build sounds much more like an eccentric customer who for whatever reason bailed on that particular order after the lock in point. This guy wants to move this car. Bad. If you want it, use his desperation (and that's what it is) against him.

Oops just saw your post above. Good for you. I don't swim with sharks either. Exclusive area? Pfffft LOL whatever.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:45 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So today I drove to the dealer with the Mexico blue c2s. the car looked good. The sales rep spoke to me about the 70's theme behind his thinking with the build. In a nutshell, said car had a sticker price of $130k which is kinda high for a c2s. I asked him if he would do 8% off Sticker in which he seemed taken back and stated " no way, this is a Mexico blue car, we do not discount these cars, we build only one per year, as a courtesy I'll take $1,500 off but that's it. I said OK and then asked him about a well optioned black c4s with the aero kit cup option parked right next to the Mexico blue c2s to which he stated I could do just a little better on that car. He then stated to me " let's just build one exactly the way you like". I said at what price because I could build one at a dealer closer to me at about 7% off MSRP. Then the final blow came when he stated "no, we don't discount that much here, we're in an exclusive area we don't have to". I then left.
I agree with the responses who have said that this is most likely NOT a dealer order for the lot. It was probably a customer who bailed on him. The random weight numbers, etc. more than confirm that fact. If he has your contact info, and thinks you are serious about the car... expect a call in a couple of days to see where you are at and what he can do for you on the mexico blue 991, unless there are some other interested parties ..
Old 05-03-2014, 09:57 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by handful
I'm sure that thread is useful. One day, when I recover from your avatar, I'll be sure to check it out. Handful indeed.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:14 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I think you made the right decision. As an aside, that salesman just doesn't sound like he's being straightforward about several things.

Quick Reply: Real weight saving ?