Sponsored by:

Finally, my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 11:47 AM
UAE_911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, my first Porsche

Hi, Finally I pulled the trigger and signed the order for my first 911.
After many trips to the dealership, several test drives and endless hours on the configurator, I was able to resist the temptation of clicking all the options on the list. The configurator IMO is absolutely great (certainly better than any other brand out there) and it is amazing how Porsche allows you to customize every bit and piece. Although I started out with an option list that could hardly fit on one page, in the end I "only" went for GT Silver, full leather black interior, PDK, Sport Exhaust and Sport Chrono (and a few minor things). To me that's all that it takes to experience what, in my view Porsche is all about, which is pure driving sensation. For that experience, I think I don't need leather covered fuse boxes or an aluminimum fuel cap, just to name some bizare options. A last minute change was to remove the glass sunroof and privacy glass rear/side windows. Although I'm sure it looks nice, to me a sports car should be as pure & minimalistic as possible.

The car is scheduled for production in August, to be delivered end October/early November. Not sure how I will survive the wait... Will post some pictures when it has finally arrived.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:56 AM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

Great for you! I sympathize with your wait though.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably a wise decision to delete the glass sunroof given how hot it gets in Dubai most of the year. You got yourself a great drivers car as far as the options are concerned.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UAE_911
Although I started out with an option list that could hardly fit on one page, in the end I "only" went for GT Silver, full leather black interior, PDK, Sport Exhaust and Sport Chrono (and a few minor things). To me that's all that it takes to experience what, in my view Porsche is all about, which is pure driving sensation. For that experience, I think I don't need leather covered fuse boxes or an aluminimum fuel cap, just to name some bizare options.
funny, I would think to add PDK to that list...i'm jk!!!! those pesky pdk vs mt debates will do wonders to ya. sounds like a gorgeous build, very similar to mine! did you get the domesticated 911 or its edgier sibling the S?
Old 06-18-2014, 02:30 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats. Just like you i prefer my 911 on "the purer" side of the spectrum.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:21 PM
UAE_911
Intermediate

Thanks. Initially I went for the 350-bph version (I'm trying to avoid calling it "base" as there is nothing "basic" about any 911) with a manual gearbox, as I expected that it would have all the power I wanted but then I test drove the S and with 1 KM, I was convinced, so I went for the S version. Same thing with the PDK; it is so incredibly good that I said farewell to manual shifting. Both the 350 and 400 bhp cars are absolutely great but what I really liked about the S is the higher torque at lower rev's which make the car even more smooth to drive around town and in start-stop traffic of which, unfortunately, we have a lot of here in Dubai.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Initially I went for the 350-bph version (I'm trying to avoid calling it "base" as there is nothing "basic" about any 911) with a manual gearbox, as I expected that it would have all the power I wanted but then I test drove the S and with 1 KM, I was convinced, so I went for the S version. Same thing with the PDK; it is so incredibly good that I said farewell to manual shifting. Both the 350 and 400 bhp cars are absolutely great but what I really liked about the S is the higher torque at lower rev's which make the car even more smooth to drive around town and in start-stop traffic of which, unfortunately, we have a lot of here in Dubai.
i was very careful to phrase mine accordingly as well. every iteration of the car is magnificent. i could see driving a manual in dubai being arduous. i definitely would have gone the PDK route.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great build, and the GT Silver over black leather will look really sharp! Congrats on the order and good luck with the wait. Looking forward to seeing some nice pics in the Fall.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:01 AM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Is there any update about your 911 delivery! it must be very soon !!!

I am assuming you ordered your car from Al Nabooda Automobiles (Porsrche dealer) in Dubai.
I am considering to order my car from Al Nabooda too. They are offering me so-called 'dealer option' which includes some accessories, for example, outdoor and indoor car covers, a 1-liter engine oil ..etc. Also, they do have an option for a car body paint protection/detailing. I am wondering if you have considered these options ? your thoughts?

Post some pics when your 911 arrives.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:35 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

GT Silver, PDK, no sunroof- all well and good. Even better, you get what Porsche is all about. Congratulations!
Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 PM
UAE_911
Intermediate

Hi Oscarporsche,

I indeed bought it from Al Nabooda. They have been great so far, except for their policy not to give a single dirham discount (their quote: "we are the biggest Porsche dealership in the world and we sell our allocation easily so no discounts here") I expect the car to be delivered within a few days and I can't wait. Pics will follow for sure.

The 'dealer option' pack indeed includes indoor or outdoor cover, a trickle charger, a pint of oil, the registration charges and a paint protection. As I will do the detailing of the car myself to ensure that it is done exactly the way I want it (I'm very specific about this), I left out the paint protection. I went for the indoor car cover. Price for the pack, excluding the paint protection, is AED 2200 (incl AED 500 registration charges) which is a good deal I think.

Let me know if you have any further inquiries.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:21 AM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Hi Oscarporsche,

I indeed bought it from Al Nabooda. They have been great so far, except for their policy not to give a single dirham discount (their quote: "we are the biggest Porsche dealership in the world and we sell our allocation easily so no discounts here") I expect the car to be delivered within a few days and I can't wait. Pics will follow for sure.

The 'dealer option' pack indeed includes indoor or outdoor cover, a trickle charger, a pint of oil, the registration charges and a paint protection. As I will do the detailing of the car myself to ensure that it is done exactly the way I want it (I'm very specific about this), I left out the paint protection. I went for the indoor car cover. Price for the pack, excluding the paint protection, is AED 2200 (incl AED 500 registration charges) which is a good deal I think.

Let me know if you have any further inquiries.
Excellent... thanks for the info. Most probably I will take the 'dealer option' pack but I have to check out the quality of their car covers first !

Please post some info about your detailing work once you start so far the dealer has not been good in convincing me to do the protection option. I will do another visit to see in action their work .

The weather is improving just a little bit now here in UAE but sure it will be super fantastic during Nov - March... so I hope you will enjoy the ride with your first 911 ...
Old 10-15-2014, 11:53 AM
UAE_911
Intermediate

Hi everyone,

I picked up my car today and I cannot find the words to describe how great it is! Simply amazing!
More photo's will follow after the weekend.

I must correct what I wrote yesterday on my dealership being stingy. They gave me a gift voucher plus a full tank of gas. It's not the monetary value that counts but the gesture that matters.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Will DXB
Intermediate

Congratulations sir, she's a beauty!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:48 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations!! More pictures after you get done driving

Quick Reply: Finally, my first Porsche