Sponsored by:

Help order froze early. Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 02:14 AM
porsche9xx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsr991
+1 couldn't agree more. fwiw had the pse installed at the dealer on my 991 c2s cost was not prohibitively more than the option price and the end result was fantastic.
Outside of it not being on the sticker can you still turn the PSE "on and off" ?
Old 12-04-2014, 08:34 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I wrote: If you ordered an "S" you'll likely find that you saved a bunch of money not getting PSE.

Originally Posted by porsche9xx
I did order an S - I am wondering why you think I saved money - you dont think the PSE is worth the extra money or you think the regular S exhaust sounds just fine or better?
As I understand it:
The S comes with a PSE-type valve in the exhaust that opens up when you get over 3K RPM or you are, um, "enthusiastic" in your throttle application. Or if you press the Sport button. So for free, basically, you've got the PSE. I suspect that the PSE with the valve open might be a little bit louder than the S with the valve open. The base car (without PSE) does not have this valve at all.
I personally do not think that the PSE is worth the money, no, but then I'm not 18 any more, and I'm not all about the noise.

These are the facts as I understand it and my opinions. That doesn't make all of you guys wrong that have cars with PSE. Nor does it make me wrong for not ordering PSE. That's why it's an option - because it's not for everyone.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:31 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porsche9xx
Outside of it not being on the sticker can you still turn the PSE "on and off" ?
yes you can, the button is installed in the same position that it would be if it came from the factory. It is 100% functionally the same
Old 12-06-2014, 08:37 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I wrote: If you ordered an "S" you'll likely find that you saved a bunch of money not getting PSE.

As I understand it:
The S comes with a PSE-type valve in the exhaust that opens up when you get over 3K RPM or you are, um, "enthusiastic" in your throttle application. Or if you press the Sport button. So for free, basically, you've got the PSE. I suspect that the PSE with the valve open might be a little bit louder than the S with the valve open. The base car (without PSE) does not have this valve at all.
I personally do not think that the PSE is worth the money, no, but then I'm not 18 any more, and I'm not all about the noise.

These are the facts as I understand it and my opinions. That doesn't make all of you guys wrong that have cars with PSE. Nor does it make me wrong for not ordering PSE. That's why it's an option - because it's not for everyone.
"Or if you press the Sport button. So for free, basically, you've got the PSE. I suspect that the PSE with the valve open might be a little bit louder than the S with the valve open"

Having had it installed on my 991S after driving the car for 8 months without it I can tell you that it is a totally different sound at low and high rpm and especially interesting when you let off the accelerator. No performance gain but a very "fun" option
Old 12-07-2014, 12:26 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Still insanely costly for an exhaust mod that adds zero power. I wonder if it adds even a little weight as well.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by StudGarden
Still insanely costly for an exhaust mod that adds zero power. I wonder if it adds even a little weight as well.
I think like everything in porsche options it's highly personal. I think the aural high of the PSE is well worth the money because for me a pleasurable driving experience is more than just performance gains. The sound of the PSE is as intoxicating to me as the feel of steering or the pickup of the torque. It all depends on what you like. For some, paying $4000+ for full leather is insanely expensive and may prefer paying 1/2 that much for the PSE and the incremental pleasure they derive from it.

Quick Reply: Help order froze early. Suggestions