Sponsored by:

Help order froze early. Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 PM
porsche9xx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help order froze early. Suggestions

My order froze a week before the date that I was given - I had decided to add a few options (based on recommendations here) but when my sales rep tried to input it he learned that my order had already frozen the day before. Overall the car is still the way I want the biggest missing piece is PSE which I know I can add later (from what I have heard it may cost me $1500 more).

Any ideas - my dealer tried to call corporate and they said they could not do anything. The good news is the car will get here a month earlier than I expected.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche9xx
My order froze a week before the date that I was given - I had decided to add a few options (based on recommendations here) but when my sales rep tried to input it he learned that my order had already frozen the day before. Overall the car is still the way I want the biggest missing piece is PSE which I know I can add later (from what I have heard it may cost me $1500 more). Any ideas - my dealer tried to call corporate and they said they could not do anything. The good news is the car will get here a month earlier than I expected.
probably not much you can do about it except hope corporate can remedy the situation. I changed my order three times already and still waffle about things, so don't worry too much if you can't squeeze everything into your order. I'm sure you'll be happy with your car once it arrives and can add PSE later! Maybe you can ask your dealer to do it for you for a discounted price since it locked early and include it under warranty. Good luck
Old 12-02-2014, 10:10 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My order froze earlier than expected as well. Future buyers should beware.

If you ordered an "S" you'll likely find that you saved a bunch of money not getting PSE.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My car locked early also. I got the impression from PCNA that if a change were really important to me it could be done but might result in a delay. I had already spent a ton of time on my build and got a lot of help from RL so I was set. I agree with MJ, best thing is to get set asap and then enjoy the wait.

I skipped PSE and love the sound of my car -- my two cents. "I prefer stealth mode."
Old 12-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,459 Likes on 2,262 Posts

My order froze a week before the date that I was given - I had decided to add a few options (based on recommendations here) but when my sales rep tried to input it he learned that my order had already frozen the day before. Overall the car is still the way I want the biggest missing piece is PSE which I know I can add later (from what I have heard it may cost me $1500 more).

Any ideas - my dealer tried to call corporate and they said they could not do anything. The good news is the car will get here a month earlier than I expected.
can they assign you to a new (later) allocation?
Old 12-03-2014, 03:55 PM
porsche9xx
Advanced

Originally Posted by MJBird993
My order froze earlier than expected as well. Future buyers should beware.

If you ordered an "S" you'll likely find that you saved a bunch of money not getting PSE.

I did order an S - I am wondering why you think I saved money - you dont think the PSE is worth the extra money or you think the regular S exhaust sounds just fine or better?
Old 12-03-2014, 03:57 PM
porsche9xx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
can they assign you to a new (later) allocation?
How would that work - its my assumption that since my order froze its not changeable so if I go to a later allocation what would happen to my current car - would my dealer be stuck with my custom build?
Old 12-03-2014, 04:04 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

How would that work - its my assumption that since my order froze its not changeable so if I go to a later allocation what would happen to my current car - would my dealer be stuck with my custom build?
Yes. In almost all, if not all states, you can cancel a car order at any time before delivery and get your full deposit back.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:10 PM
porsche9xx
Advanced

Originally Posted by hinckley
Yes. In almost all, if not all states, you can cancel a car order at any time before delivery and get your full deposit back.
Yes- I know I could do that but I don't think its that big to walk away with my custom build. I guess I can add the PSE at the dealer and work it out so that they dont charge me much more than the factory would have.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:49 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Yes- I know I could do that but I don't think its that big to walk away with my custom build. I guess I can add the PSE at the dealer and work it out so that they dont charge me much more than the factory would have.
That would be my approach. Thru no fault of your own, you are not getting the car you wanted. And although I feel sorry for your dealer, they do represent Porsche that made the change without letting anyone know.

The best outcome imo would be for the dealer to agree to install PSE for the same cost as the factory option, while understanding that the alternative could be you walking from the car.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,459 Likes on 2,262 Posts

That would be my approach. Thru no fault of your own, you are not getting the car you wanted. And although I feel sorry for your dealer, they do represent Porsche that made the change without letting anyone know.

The best outcome imo would be for the dealer to agree to install PSE for the same cost as the factory option, while understanding that the alternative could be you walking from the car.
worth a shot... of course the window sticker will not reflect this option...
Old 12-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

That would be my approach. Thru no fault of your own, you are not getting the car you wanted. And although I feel sorry for your dealer, they do represent Porsche that made the change without letting anyone know. The best outcome imo would be for the dealer to agree to install PSE for the same cost as the factory option, while understanding that the alternative could be you walking from the car.
I agree to some extent. Though I think walking after a custom order is a little of an unethical move imo. You stick the dealer with a car that in some cases they would have great difficulty to sell. Though the dealers do benefit from the goodwill name of the Porsche brand on the front of their showroom, they have no control over the lock being changed. I think if they told you or on paperwork you signed it indicated that your order freeze point is subject to change, then I think the "right" thing to do is to keep your order and add what you want aftermarket. However, if they weren't upfront with you then I think walking is ok. I think in the end the dealer will work with you and vice versa because they want to keep good relations.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:51 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

My order froze a week before the date that I was given - I had decided to add a few options (based on recommendations here) but when my sales rep tried to input it he learned that my order had already frozen the day before. Overall the car is still the way I want the biggest missing piece is PSE which I know I can add later (from what I have heard it may cost me $1500 more). Any ideas - my dealer tried to call corporate and they said they could not do anything. The good news is the car will get here a month earlier than I expected.
The Porsche Sport Exhaust is no problem at all adding after. Get the car and add the exhaust!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:57 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sharm
I think in the end the dealer will work with you and vice versa because they want to keep good relations.
I agree and would be surprised if it didn't turn out that way.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:17 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharm
I agree to some extent. Though I think walking after a custom order is a little of an unethical move imo. You stick the dealer with a car that in some cases they would have great difficulty to sell. Though the dealers do benefit from the goodwill name of the Porsche brand on the front of their showroom, they have no control over the lock being changed. I think if they told you or on paperwork you signed it indicated that your order freeze point is subject to change, then I think the "right" thing to do is to keep your order and add what you want aftermarket. However, if they weren't upfront with you then I think walking is ok. I think in the end the dealer will work with you and vice versa because they want to keep good relations.
+1 couldn't agree more. fwiw had the pse installed at the dealer on my 991 c2s cost was not prohibitively more than the option price and the end result was fantastic.

Quick Reply: Help order froze early. Suggestions