HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 06:43 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,465 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Might be selling mine soon...will send PM
Dgoldenz... you should post up your build sheet and at least what your thinking here even if you aren't ready to sell, as there are several others that prefer manuals.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:08 PM
dgoldenz
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Dgoldenz... you should post up your build sheet and at least what your thinking here even if you aren't ready to sell, as there are several others that prefer manuals.
I've been thinking about selling mine as I just don't drive it often enough to justify having $70k sitting in my garage, I wind up driving my X3 like 85% of the time. I've put about 6k miles on it over the 1.5 years that I've owned it. It's a 2012.5 991S Carrera White on full black leather interior, $124k MSRP, with full TechArt body kit ($12k installed) and AWE Switchpath exhaust ($3k installed). Car currently has ~41k miles, can get exact reading if needed.

I spent months searching for the perfect color combo and options list, which as everyone reading HFS knows can be extremely time-consuming and frustrating! I flew out to Florida to drive it home but wound up having it shipped due to an annoying title issue with the Florida DMV. Apparently their titles are electronic instead of paper so I couldn't drive home with title in hand and the prior owner who was an attorney didn't feel comfortable having me drive it while it was still in his name. In any case, I have the paper title in hand now as the car is paid off.

This car was in an accident when the prior owner accidentally ran into the back of a Mercedes. I had a frame inspection done by TrueFrame and it scored a 99, which is the highest score I've seen on a TrueFrame report. I have the report available for anyone interested that wants to see it. I also have the damage pictures and receipts for the repair, it was fixed by a certified Porsche body shop (Champion Motorsport in Florida). Total damage was $24k but was all cosmetic, basically the hood crumpled up but any accident with these cars results in very expensive repairs. The car has absolutely no frame damage or drivability issues. I remember a 991 Turbo S that was posted on Rennlist with a similar front-end accident and the repairs for cosmetic damage only was like $50k, crazy.

40k service has already been performed, car is up to date on maintenance, has not needed any repairs in my time of ownership and Carfax history doesn't show any major repair work (can't verify previous owner's maintenance/repairs but he told me it never had any major repairs while he owned it either). Car has never been tracked in my ownership and the previous owner used this car as his DD and had several other GT3/GT3RS/GT2's for track use. All service work was done at Champion for prior owner, I've had mine done at Trophy Performance in Las Vegas (http://trophylv.com) which is probably one of the best independent shops in the country. The owner/lead mechanic was the former head of the Gaudin Porsche service department.

I haven't officially put it up for sale yet but I was going to list it at $69.9k OBO. Can provide more pictures/info if needed.

Options list below (plus the body kit and exhaust):

02/2012
VIN:
WP0AB2A96CS121535
Price:
$124,105.00
Exterior:
Carrara White
Interior:
Black leather interior
Warranty Start:
April 18, 2012

Additional Equipment

PDCC w/ PASM sport suspension
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Automatically dimming mirrors
Adaptive Sport seats Plus (left)
Adaptive Sport seats Plus (right)
Seat heating (front)
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
Seat ventilation (front)
Porsche Dynamic Light System
Porsche Entry & Drive
Light design package
ParkAssist (Rear)
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Power steering plus
BOSE(R) Surround Sound System
SiriusXM(R) & HD Radio(R) rcvr
6-disc CD/DVD changer
Electric folding ext. mirrors
SportDesign steering wheel
AZ
Black leather interior
B4
Carrara White
P07
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
P37
BOSE
P3C
Prem Pkg Plus w 18-way seats
ZAA
Auto AC
ZAB
Ornamental Porsche Crest

Pictures:

Name:  nH6Soag.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  88.2 KB

Name:  AXhly69.jpg
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  9JZcQxY.jpg
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  JC1e8E1.jpg
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  0kk0maP.jpg
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  2Tsk8dw.jpg
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  P8JUG7F.jpg
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  tHce1nJ.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  ZSFxqYV.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  33.9 KB
Old 02-16-2018, 12:20 PM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Found this 2013 MT C4S on vroom. $126k build for $74215 with 28k miles. No S-PASM but it does have PDCC. Description says GT Silver but build says Platinum Silver. Clean history. Three owners.
https://www.vroom.com/inventory/pors...AB2A97DS121318

Old 02-16-2018, 02:56 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TerryC4S
Found this 2013 MT C4S on vroom. $126k build for $74215 with 28k miles. No S-PASM but it does have PDCC. Description says GT Silver but build says Platinum Silver. Clean history. Three owners.
https://www.vroom.com/inventory/pors...AB2A97DS121318
WP0AB2A97DS121318

Good looking car and nice build... SPASM isn't a must have IMHO, the standard PASM might actually be a better choice for a daily driver. Sport seats and SportDesign steering are nice touches. Full leather would have been nice...

I don't know much about Vroom, but it looks like they 1) Deliver it anywhere in lower 48 for free, 2) have a 7-day no hassle return with free pick up. That's a pretty decent policy, buy it, PPI, return if not happy. Not sure if there is any opportunity to negotiate a partial credit if say a PPI turns up anything but you still would like to keep it.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:05 PM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

WP0AB2A97DS121318

Good looking car and nice build... SPASM isn't a must have IMHO, the standard PASM might actually be a better choice for a daily driver. Sport seats and SportDesign steering are nice touches. Full leather would have been nice...

I don't know much about Vroom, but it looks like they 1) Deliver it anywhere in lower 48 for free, 2) have a 7-day no hassle return with free pick up. That's a pretty decent policy, buy it, PPI, return if not happy. Not sure if there is any opportunity to negotiate a partial credit if say a PPI turns up anything but you still would like to keep it.
I think it would be a great daily driver for northern climes. It is a launch vehicle so probably spent time as a demo. The price may be a little high given the mileage but add on the "free" shipping and it seems fair.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:11 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

I don't know much about Vroom,
Well, did a bit more checking on Vroom and buyer beware... I found tons of 1-star reviews complaining about the company. Most seemed related to the process (Wire the money, car is delayed and delayed, title paperwork is delayed and delayed) rather than specifically about the quality of the cars, but still...

They claim 10-days on average for delivery, but sounds like even a month plus is common, with plenty of lies and excuses along the way.

Example: https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/V...-reviews-1336/
Old 02-16-2018, 06:09 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ Think about it. It is not Amazon. From my experience at a different dealer, they have to match the car they sell with a transport truck that is nearby. I was lucky in that there was a transporter who was nearby with empty space to take mine. I think I may be the only person here who got his/her car here within a week (Illinois to CA) from signing the deal.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:39 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ Think about it. It is not Amazon. From my experience at a different dealer, they have to match the car they sell with a transport truck that is nearby. I was lucky in that there was a transporter who was nearby with empty space to take mine. I think I may be the only person here who got his/her car here within a week (Illinois to CA) from signing the deal.
Amazon or not, there was a pretty common theme in the complaints about Vroom setting improper expectations, having very poor communications, a general feeling of incompetency, and what some felt were outright lies.. If they can't deliver reliably in ten days, then why make the claim? They don't seem to quote a different time if your in the same state or entirely across the country. I might wait twenty or thirty days for the right car, but certainly would be irritated if I planned on ten and then got yanked around for another twenty...

But delivery and paperwork competency aside, it sounds like you purchased from Vroom?

How was the car? Met expectations? Exceeded expectations? Not quite as described? There is zero description of condition on any of their listings. I also noticed that every listing I checked said '1 Key', which I assume is from process laziness rather than amazing coincidence.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:54 PM
Stois
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems like price stayed flat if not went up compared to 1~1.5 years ago.
I want to find private party cars since my in my state we don't pay taxes on PP used cars which saves me 5~ grand easy..
Old 02-16-2018, 07:58 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stois
It seems like price stayed flat if not went up compared to 1~1.5 years ago..
Accurate.

I want to find private party cars since my in my state we don't pay taxes on PP used cars which saves me 5~ grand easy..
That's a big advantage. What state? Most of us are paying 5%-8%+ even on used car purchases...
Old 02-16-2018, 08:25 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Well, did a bit more checking on Vroom and buyer beware... I found tons of 1-star reviews complaining about the company. Most seemed related to the process (Wire the money, car is delayed and delayed, title paperwork is delayed and delayed) rather than specifically about the quality of the cars, but still...

They claim 10-days on average for delivery, but sounds like even a month plus is common, with plenty of lies and excuses along the way.

Example: https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/V...-reviews-1336/
I've purchased from Vroom before, not my 911 but a 2015 Mercedes C-class. It had a couple dings and a crack in the windshield when it arrived. I filed a complaint and they compensated me for it. Other than that is was an okay experience. Takes quite a while to physically speak to a person, they do most of their communication through email. I purchased through them because they had a fair price compared to others I saw at local dealers.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:28 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Amazon or not, there was a pretty common theme in the complaints about Vroom setting improper expectations, having very poor communications, a general feeling of incompetency, and what some felt were outright lies.. If they can't deliver reliably in ten days, then why make the claim? They don't seem to quote a different time if your in the same state or entirely across the country. I might wait twenty or thirty days for the right car, but certainly would be irritated if I planned on ten and then got yanked around for another twenty...

But delivery and paperwork competency aside, it sounds like you purchased from Vroom?

How was the car? Met expectations? Exceeded expectations? Not quite as described? There is zero description of condition on any of their listings. I also noticed that every listing I checked said '1 Key', which I assume is from process laziness rather than amazing coincidence.
I did not get my car from Vroom but Isringhausen in Illinois. Apologies if my post was not clear. Just saying there is no way a dealer can realistically make such a delivery promise, short of them having a transporter waiting to ship a car. Good luck with the hunt
Old 02-16-2018, 08:29 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2013 Porsche 911 C2S

WP0AB2A98DS120551

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Porsch...VahzDr&vxp=mtr

2013 Porsche 991 911 Carrera S

Anthracite Brown Metallic with Full Espresso Natural Leather Interior

19,200 Miles
Clear bra installed at original delivery on full hood, bumper and 1/3 up fenders.
Original MSRP $132,625

Installed Options:

- Premium Package Plus

* Ventilated Seats

* Heated Seats

* Entry & Drive (Keyless Entry)

* Light Design Package (LED)

- Natural Leather (Espresso)

- Burmester Audio Package

- Sunroof in Glass

- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)

- Sport Exhaust System

- Porsche Doppelkupplung PDK

- Sport Chrono Package

- 20-inch Carrera S wheel

- Wheel Center caps with colored Porsche Crest

- Wheel Spacers - 5mm

- 14-way Power Sport Seats- SportDesign Steering Wheel

- Center Tunnel Rear in Leather with Decorative Stitching

- Porsche Crest on Headrests- Storage Compartment Lid with Model Logotype

- Aluminum Brushed Interior Package- Aluminum Brushed PDK Shifter

- Aluminum Brushed Center Console
Old 02-16-2018, 09:12 PM
Stois
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Accurate.

That's a big advantage. What state? Most of us are paying 5%-8%+ even on used car purchases...
Nevada.
Ever since I found out that NV doesn't pay taxes on private party, I really can't justify buying used cars from the dealer unless it's the perfect spec
Old 02-16-2018, 11:20 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 306 Posts

It is interesting that nice early 991's nicely optioned are still pricing in the mid to upper 70's.
My guess is that my nicely optioned manual 2015 C2S, $124.2k MSRP, with CPO warranty through 3/18/21 and 8500 miles, is worth maybe $10k more than that.
You would think there would be a wider price differential than that.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991